• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Skinny's Worthless Workouts

Get Shredded!
I gotcha. I thought you were doing original DC training layout but looks like you're tossing some rest-pause sets into your routine?

I was wondering how you'd fair doing the DC training on a cruise since I'm cruising for a while myself.

b9eda12c4716b195177fb294d03fc55d.jpg

Breaky 4 or 5 pieces of fruit and eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chest
Smith incline
warm up sets
2 working 90 lbs each side 10 reps- three rest pause sets x5 x4 x2, 90 lbs 8 reps three rest pause sets x3 x2 x2- 10 seconds rest during rest pause

hs incline
80lbs- three working sets 10 reps x6 x5 x5, 10 reps x5 x4 x4 8 reps x4 x3 failed. 10 seconds rest during rest pause

Skull crushers SS glose grip press
This was a drop set-
set one
one ten and two fives on each side (5,5,10 bar 10,5,5) 10 skulls + 10 narrow presses
5,10 bar 10, 5- 8 skulls 10 presses
10 bar 10-8 skulls + 8 presses
bar- 15 skulls + 20 presses

set two
10,5,5 bar 5,5,10- 8 skulls + 8 presses
5,5 bar 5,5 10 skulls +8 presses--- Dieing
5 bar 5 8 skulls + 10 presses- tapped out

Standing upward fly
17.5 x 15
25 x 12
32.5 x 10 dropped to 15s for finish

went to go talk to my wife a bit on the tread mill

vbar push down

wanted to do fly machine but there was way to many people there and every time I went to use it I swear some ones towel was on it.... with no one in sight.

Weights are light but with rest pause my form is supposed to be pretty good with even paced reps. It kicked my ass for sure.

Made some food too for lunches... about 6.5 lbs chicken and some rice and broccoli. Pretty boring but really good.

acc5324a01e10ef1f44db177984504c9.jpg

How are you cooking your chicken? I'm always interested in getting new ways to cook it that aren't fill of garbage

How are you cooking your chicken? I'm always interested in getting new ways to cook it that aren't fill of garbage

Just a teriyaki marinade over night. Then I sear it over direct high heat on the q. Then move it to the other side of the grill until the fat renders. I’m not a fan of the fat deposits in thighs. But the marinade has sugar. I just watch my carbs anyway so no big deal. I think most people that have made diet changes permanent make small accommodations like this to make eating better more feasible.

Just a teriyaki marinade over night. Then I sear it over direct high heat on the q. Then move it to the other side of the grill until the fat renders. I’m not a fan of the fat deposits in thighs. But the marinade has sugar. I just watch my carbs anyway so no big deal. I think most people that have made diet changes permanent make small accommodations like this to make eating better more feasible.

I'm the same way about the fat on the thighs.

I also pretty much never eat garbage except for once in a blue moon now, but I try to limit the sugar intake as much as possible. I do have a teriyaki marinade that's surprisingly low carb, but I'd have to cook it separate from my fiancee's chicken.

Thank you for the info

Had a great Memorial Day also... hung out with the kids and wife by the pool. BBQ’d ribs and had some drinks... mostly just lemon juice with vodka..

5b045843b30ce9b72f78e4ea6604bba9.jpg

Back day- yesterday
4 sets of 12 pull ups.. 2 sets wide 2 sets narrow supintated

Bent over row
135*15
185*10 rest pause x5 x4 x3- this felt heavy
155*12 RP x8 x6 x6 This was too light

Wide grip pull down
125*20
150*10 RP x5 x5 x4
150*9 RP x4 x4 x2
150*8 RP x3 x2

Straight arm push down SS Close grip seated cable row
70*10 SS 120*12
60*12 SS 150*10
60*10 SS 150*8

Curl machine

Standing barbell static holds

I felt pretty good in the gym yesterday. Pump was great. Didn't over do it on the OTC preworkout. I actually felt really good.

IML Gear Cream!
Vitamins- I have been taking berberine, super K and turmeric every day. So far I like the vitamins and do think that the berberine has assisted in losing some fat while not being able to do much cardio.

Benifits of berberine- weight loss, Helps treat diabetes, gut health, treats inflammation, acne, Alzheimers, lung helt, joint health ect..... https://www.intelligentlabs.org/berberine-benefits-the-new-superstar-supplement/

Super K- Protects heart, bone density, insulin sensitivity, and arterial calcification.

Tumeric curcumin with piperine- Anti inflammatory, increases antioxidant capacity, helps brain function, prevents cancer, arthritis, depression ect..

There has been a lot of research on these supps and I do recommend them. If some one has some contradicting info I would love to read it.

Ill have to get a new pic up to prove I actually slimmed up a bit.

Subbed for more bikini pics.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

She is always in a bikini during the summer... Monday I was putting up a new TV in side and she was outside sun bathing in the pool. I go ask her for help cause the fucking thing weighs 200 lbs and attaching it to a wall mount is not a one "man" job. But she comes in topless. It was hell of sight to behold my shiny sweaty sexy wife struggle to get a bolt in the back of the tv while I lift it.... and keep in mind her new "rack" is only a year old now and man do they look great... I'm one motor boatin son of a bitch..

She is always in a bikini during the summer... Monday I was putting up a new TV in side and she was outside sun bathing in the pool. I go ask her for help cause the fucking thing weighs 200 lbs and attaching it to a wall mount is not a one "man" job. But she comes in topless. It was hell of sight to behold my shiny sweaty sexy wife struggle to get a bolt in the back of the tv while I lift it.... and keep in mind her new "rack" is only a year old now and man do they look great... I'm one motor boatin son of a bitch..
I hate you. In a good way.

Berberine looks interesting, i might have to try it for gut health. Tumeric is supposed to be good for the gut too. What brand are you buying?

Berberine looks interesting, i might have to try it for gut health. Tumeric is supposed to be good for the gut too. What brand are you buying?

47becc4b577f3f541679bf8e9b51406c.jpg

Yeah the more I read on those two the more good things I kept finding. But gut health was one of the main ones along with glucose and lipid control... not to mention the icing on my beat up bodies cake, anti inflammatory.

Actually this was one of the studies I liked

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/

What brand berberine are you using?
Yeah the more I read on those two the more good things I kept finding. But gut health was one of the main ones along with glucose and lipid control... not to mention the icing on my beat up bodies cake, anti inflammatory.

Actually this was one of the studies I liked

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/

Get Shredded!
What brand berberine are you using?

“Only natural” its just the brand they had at vitamin shoppe... I did not feel like ordering it online.

Berberine can have a very negative effect on protein synthesis if it's used improperly. I WOULD NOT recommend it as a daily supplement.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20522589/

That was a good read... and good to consider. Though they did acknowledge that the reports they found in the mice were not necessarily inline with the reports patients using berberine. And the more I look into it, it seems to be some what of an anomaly. when i google "muscle wasting and berberine" most of what pops up is that study and forum threads and articles that seem to more or less disagree with that study. I think t-nation states that there are 2800 studies done on berberine and its affects but that is the only one that proves muscle atrophy that i could find.

[FONT=&quot]"We recognize that our findings from experiments utilizing mice or cultured cells may not reflect events occurring in patients with type 2 diabetes. Reports of protein turnover in diabetic or insulin-resistant patients find no muscle wasting unless the patients are elderly or sedentary ([/FONT]29[FONT=&quot]–[/FONT]32[FONT=&quot]). Even though obese patients with type 2 diabetes were shown to exhibit some impairment in ATP production, it has also been found that intensive insulin therapy did not change leucine kinetics when compared with results achieved with conventional insulin therapy ([/FONT]33). However, our results do indicate that antidiabetes drugs can cause unexpected consequences, including changes in protein metabolism."

here is another write up that references the above study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383512000871#bib68

Here is the quote:
[h=2]"13. Effects of berberine on muscle atrophy[/h]Muscle atrophy is a characteristic of chronic diseases including diabetes. Surprisingly, berberine was reported to promote muscle atrophy in both wild-type and db/db mice through hampering mitochondrial function and stimulating the expression of atrogin-1, which promoted protein degradation and suppressed protein synthesis67. However, in another study, berberine improved muscle atrophy, increased glycogen storage and decreased triglycerides content in skeletal muscle of type 2 diabetic rats. Further experiments revealed that reduced expression of CDK9 and cyclin T1 in the muscle was reversed with berberine68. Berberine also increased PPARα/δ expression and reduced PPARγ expression in skeletal muscle similar as rosiglitazone or fenofibrate69. The controversial data may be due to diverse methods of administration. Muscle atrophy was induced by berberine injection. Oral administration of berberine led to improvement of muscle atrophy. The actual effects of berberine remain to be explored."

Its a little hard for me to discount the benefits of berberine based on that study though. Mostly because this is a widely used/studied supp with no reports of muscle wasting accept what is referenced in that study on the diabetic mice.

That was a good read... and good to consider. Though they did acknowledge that the reports they found in the mice were not necessarily inline with the reports patients using berberine. And the more I look into it, it seems to be some what of an anomaly. when i google "muscle wasting and berberine" most of what pops up is that study and forum threads and articles that seem to more or less disagree with that study. I think t-nation states that there are 2800 studies done on berberine and its affects but that is the only one that proves muscle atrophy that i could find.

[FONT=&quot]"We recognize that our findings from experiments utilizing mice or cultured cells may not reflect events occurring in patients with type 2 diabetes. Reports of protein turnover in diabetic or insulin-resistant patients find no muscle wasting unless the patients are elderly or sedentary ([/FONT]29[FONT=&quot]–[/FONT]32[FONT=&quot]). Even though obese patients with type 2 diabetes were shown to exhibit some impairment in ATP production, it has also been found that intensive insulin therapy did not change leucine kinetics when compared with results achieved with conventional insulin therapy ([/FONT]33). However, our results do indicate that antidiabetes drugs can cause unexpected consequences, including changes in protein metabolism."

here is another write up that references the above study.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383512000871#bib68

Here is the quote:
[h=2]"13. Effects of berberine on muscle atrophy[/h]Muscle atrophy is a characteristic of chronic diseases including diabetes. Surprisingly, berberine was reported to promote muscle atrophy in both wild-type and db/db mice through hampering mitochondrial function and stimulating the expression of atrogin-1, which promoted protein degradation and suppressed protein synthesis67. However, in another study, berberine improved muscle atrophy, increased glycogen storage and decreased triglycerides content in skeletal muscle of type 2 diabetic rats. Further experiments revealed that reduced expression of CDK9 and cyclin T1 in the muscle was reversed with berberine68. Berberine also increased PPARα/δ expression and reduced PPARγ expression in skeletal muscle similar as rosiglitazone or fenofibrate69. The controversial data may be due to diverse methods of administration. Muscle atrophy was induced by berberine injection. Oral administration of berberine led to improvement of muscle atrophy. The actual effects of berberine remain to be explored."

Its a little hard for me to discount the benefits of berberine based on that study though. Mostly because this is a widely used/studied supp with no reports of muscle wasting accept what is referenced in that study on the diabetic mice.
Berberine does work very well if you are insulin resistant if, you use it for short periods of time in the right circumstances. It can also aid in fat loss due to its mechanism on insulin.

But, I've seen lots and lots of guys use this for long periods of time hammering a ton of food and not growing very much at all considering their calorie intake but, they stay relatively lean. Eating a shit ton of food and not growing while staying lean isn't productive. These same guys have problems filling back out when they do get lean for the same reasons on altering insulin response.

I would use it sparingly is what I'm getting at. I've used it quite a few times during little runs where I was only trying to reset insulin sensitivity and then remove it. Has worked very well for me.

Berberine does work very well if you are insulin resistant if, you use it for short periods of time in the right circumstances. It can also aid in fat loss due to its mechanism on insulin.

But, I've seen lots and lots of guys use this for long periods of time hammering a ton of food and not growing very much at all considering their calorie intake but, they stay relatively lean. Eating a shit ton of food and not growing while staying lean isn't productive. These same guys have problems filling back out when they do get lean for the same reasons on altering insulin response.

I would use it sparingly is what I'm getting at. I've used it quite a few times during little runs where I was only trying to reset insulin sensitivity and then remove it. Has worked very well for me.

Thank you for the info! As I read through that study I was thinking the same thing about insulin sensitivity.

Welp got to meal prep if I do to want to look like a lard ass!

b03466d5ab4621f74cf02ea6fc0f77be.jpg

2d7c4c31d7ceb5aff498932a3494701e.jpg

I really need to start doing that too.

If I have food ready to go it just makes for less excuses as to why I cant stay on a diet....

Arms- last friday
Over head DB Extension
warm up
100*12 2 sets
110*10- I couldnt do the rest pause with out a spotter with that weight

Curl machine
90lbs *8-10 2 sets
90lbs * 8 x5 x5 x3
90*7 x4 x3 x2

Skull crushers
25's +easy bar- 15 reps 2 sets
*10 RP x6 x6 x5
*10 RP x5 x4 x2

Flat bar curl
60lbs Forgot the rep scheme

Tricep push down

seated curl machine SS Tricep machine

Abs

Legs- Saturday

Leg press-
Warm up to 540
540*10 RP x6 x5 x5
540*10 RP x5 x5 x4
540*8 RP x4 x3

Laying leg curl
Forgot weight but did three sets with Rest Pause

Leg extensions- Bleh What the fuck is the point of even attempting these after hammering the leg press like I did. I literally barely make it out of the leg press. On the last rest pause rep I have to help by pushing on my knees just to not die under the leg press because my legs have been pushed to the brink... But I will still continue to do them just because I feel like legs need volume too, not just heavy weight. (heavy for me)

Back