• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cryptocurrency Mining?

Doomed

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Thinking about building 2 6-8 GPU mining rigs and just letting them run. My question is should I get in a mining pool or go at it solo. Both look to have their own benefit but being in a pool seems as though in the long run it will yield better results. Anyone here mine?

Bro all but like 6 people here probably even know what a GPU is without google haha.

Unless you’re gonna be dropping 15-20k+ a pool is probably your best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro all but like 6 people here probably even know what a GPU is without google haha.

Unless you’re gonna be dropping 15-20k+ a pool is probably your best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark me as 1.

what will you be doing to control heat in your towers and temperature in the room and also have you calculated total overhead costs; electric bill, hardware life expectancy and replacement costs. I looked into this last year, the overhead versus income we're not very good. It only made sense for people living in third world countries or somewhere alternative sources for very cheap electric were available.

Last edited:
6- AMD Radeon RX 580-300.00 each
ASUS Prime Z270-A- 150.00
Intel Celeron processor, 64-bit-100.00
GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
4GB DDR4-2400mhz
PSU 1600-2000 watt (Still looking) but will be either gold certified or Platinum
Frame, I will build myself with rivets and fit to each part as needed.

Software will be Windows 10 and I will Modify the bios a BIT to get the best performance out of my GPUs.
Shooting for 250+ MH/s with ethereum.
Power consumption will be roughly 1400 watts, lower if I can manage. Currently I pay .08 per KW.
I figure .16 per hour to run this, 3.84 a day so it comes out to about 115 a month.

This is why Im wondering if its better to get into a pool or go at it solo. Looking at all options right now

you need to run an extension cord to your neighbor’s house to make the dollars work

6- AMD Radeon RX 580-300.00 each
ASUS Prime Z270-A- 150.00
Intel Celeron processor, 64-bit-100.00
GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
4GB DDR4-2400mhz
PSU 1600-2000 watt (Still looking) but will be either gold certified or Platinum
Frame, I will build myself with rivets and fit to each part as needed.

Software will be Windows 10 and I will Modify the bios a BIT to get the best performance out of my GPUs.
Shooting for 250+ MH/s with ethereum.
Power consumption will be roughly 1400 watts, lower if I can manage. Currently I pay .08 per KW.
I figure .16 per hour to run this, 3.84 a day so it comes out to about 115 a month.

This is why Im wondering if its better to get into a pool or go at it solo. Looking at all options right now

You'll need to run extra air conditioning in that room and also increased ventilation for your Towers, just that increase alone in electrical cost can make it a bad deal.

Your missing the fact that you have to solve the math at the same time as competing for other miners. If you can’t solve them you can’t mine.

IML Gear Cream!
I can't see it being viable anymore, especially where I live because the price of electricity is skyrocketing.

Some websites are using peoples CPUs when browsing on them to mine for coins. It's how they make any revenue now that ad blocking software is so prevalent.

Damn, guess I will keep buying coins. Bought 4000 TRX coins last nigh at .04 so lets see how that pays off.

You can calculate an estimate of you ROI by the current mining difficulty,its estimated rise in difficulty and coin price. When I did mine and it was viable I'd calculate based on current coin price and again with decreases and increases, I'm sure theirs still online calculators around. Mining during the winter was best as it was used to help heat the home. A GPU rig is just that, all about GPU. GPUs will be at 100% and ram,processor,HD are pretty much irrelevant. At least in a pool your going to make something while on your own WO massive gigahash you could go years with nothing. Even the GPU mining was replaced years ago with asic miners and big mining farms took over.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Running it off solar panels, batteries and an inverter is one way to beat the high electric bills and be more profitable. At least during daylight hours.

Back