• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Beef Heart (no really)

wren

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I know this is going to sound nuts, but I wanted to know if anyone else included beef heart in their diet. I'm on a clean bulk at the moment and I gotta say, it's insanely good.

For 4 oz your getting 20+g protein, with only 3-4g fat. Cholesterol is a little high, to be expected, but it's still amazing.

Best thing, cheap as hell, last one I bought was 2.50 and ended up being about 2.75lbs of usable meat. You basically just cut off all the stuff that is obviously not tasty and you're left with 3 awesome steaks, and they're this wonderful, dense, non-fatty steaks.

I usually just cut em up into bite size bits, hit a fry pan with a little spray, brown em and toss it in some rice with sriracha. You can also grill the steaks whole, go for medium rare, with salt and pepper. I've also marinated them overnight in lemon pepper, a little olive oil and some garlic and grilled it up like that and it's a freaking treat. Tastes just like a slightly chewy steak, but if you didn't know it was heart you'd say it was steak.

Anyone else hitting up the mexican markets for some of this goodness? If not you should check it out.

Back