• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stubborn fat

YungJoc

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What do y'all do to get that last area of stubborn fat? I'm lean and vascular everywhere on my body and have striated quads but it's like my lower back fat has not lost a pound of fat.

What do you do to get rid of this area? I've been dieting for months and everywhere else continues to get lean but the stubborn areas

Carb cycling and hiit always does me well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Carb cycling and hiit always does me well.

I've been eating carbs pre workout only. Less than 100 a day. And 30 mins fasted cardio a day

Is it fat or Water?? Supp wise when im holding a lot of water i swear by Muscle Pharms Shred Sport its a strong diuretic if you go that route....now fat wise ive been running 12.5 mcg of Cytomel a day (H-as) and man i wish i would have discovered that a long time ago....ive always struggled with that last bit of lower belly fat...and cytomel is good stuff for me

Is it fat or Water?? Supp wise when im holding a lot of water i swear by Muscle Pharms Shred Sport its a strong diuretic if you go that route....now fat wise ive been running 12.5 mcg of Cytomel a day (H-as) and man i wish i would have discovered that a long time ago....ive always struggled with that last bit of lower belly fat...and cytomel is good stuff for me

I absolutely thing a lot of its water. I can't get bloat off me for anything. I think it's sodium

There always is the good old, "im going to loose this fat or die trying" combo that adds in DNP

There always is the good old, "im going to loose this fat or die trying" combo that adds in DNP

Sadly I've ran it a couple times. High dose and low dose. I honestly didn't hardly lose fat from it. Even at 500 mg a day

Sadly I've ran it a couple times. High dose and low dose. I honestly didn't hardly lose fat from it. Even at 500 mg a day

Wow, that is the first I've heard of this. And you got thermogenic and all the associated sides? If DNP won't do it, I don't think there is much that will other than surgical options. Genetics can make certain areas of fat HIGHLY resistant to reduction, ESPECIALLY fat stored in the lower back. In other mammals, as well as infant humans, this is the location of brown adipose tissue that is basically fat stored with water attached. This is the fat source used during hibernation or the fat in human infants that prevents them from becoming hypothermic. It requires no additional water for metabolic uses like traditional fat does.

I've been eating carbs pre workout only. Less than 100 a day. And 30 mins fasted cardio a day

I second the carb cycling...also, throw in some completely carb free days and then maybe have one higher carb day per week. But when I say high carb I don't mean 500 or anything. more like 200-250

Wow, that is the first I've heard of this. And you got thermogenic and all the associated sides? If DNP won't do it, I don't think there is much that will other than surgical options. Genetics can make certain areas of fat HIGHLY resistant to reduction, ESPECIALLY fat stored in the lower back. In other mammals, as well as infant humans, this is the location of brown adipose tissue that is basically fat stored with water attached. This is the fat source used during hibernation or the fat in human infants that prevents them from becoming hypothermic. It requires no additional water for metabolic uses like traditional fat does.

Dnp made me very hot and break out into a rash anytime something scratched me. I ran 250 mg for 2 weeks and later ran 500mg for 10 days. I lost probably 5 lbs total. That's not saying much because it was at the beginning of my cut anyways

IML Gear Cream!
I second the carb cycling...also, throw in some completely carb free days and then maybe have one higher carb day per week. But when I say high carb I don't mean 500 or anything. more like 200-250

I'll give it a try. I considered dropping weights from 5 days to 3 and doing cardio on off days with no carbs

I wouldn't drop weights from 5 days to three. Maybe drop to 4 if you feel necessary. Fasted AM cardio on off days is definitely a good idea though

Stop the 30min of cardio and try HIIT. Fasted or not. Will elevate your gh and test levels for up to 36hrs whereas your existing routine decreases them.
Good luck.

Stop the 30min of cardio and try HIIT. Fasted or not. Will elevate your gh and test levels for up to 36hrs whereas your existing routine decreases them.
Good luck.

Test isn't a problem lol I'm on 250mg pw and 50 mg tren. Low dose but just enough to maintain. I'll try hiit

Last cut mY coach had me doing cardio 7 days a week. 20 mins on training days and 40 mins non training days many focus on hiit and it always does the trick.

Last cut mY coach had me doing cardio 7 days a week. 20 mins on training days and 40 mins non training days many focus on hiit and it always does the trick.

What hiit did you do? Sprints?? And for how long

Yea treadmill and elliptical, 2 min jog 1 min sprint back and forth for 20 mins or stair master I'd do 2 mins low level Like 5 then 1 min at level 12 and repeat for 20 mins.

Lower back is usually the very last to go.

Most guys need to be deep in single digit bf% to lose it.

Lower back is usually the very last to go.

Most guys need to be deep in single digit bf% to lose it.

That's the only thing holding me back from bulking. I look lean everywhere else

That's the only thing holding me back from bulking. I look lean everywhere else
There is no secret. This is the last place ALL of us lose fat. That lower back fat is there even after abs are fully visible. You just have to cut more fat. Listen to the people telling you to carb cycle. You need some no carb days, not just 100 grams of carbs days. You also need some 200-250 grams of carbs days. You might need more cardio. T3 might help. Clen might help.

Get Shredded!
There is no secret. This is the last place ALL of us lose fat. That lower back fat is there even after abs are fully visible. You just have to cut more fat. Listen to the people telling you to carb cycle. You need some no carb days, not just 100 grams of carbs days. You also need some 200-250 grams of carbs days. You might need more cardio. T3 might help. Clen might help.

I have a lifetime supply of clen but I never use it. I may add it in to see what it does

I'd try some T3 first, then add in 2 week cycles of clen as appropriate. Before either of these, however, I would do the carb cycling. That shit just flat out works. It starves you on the no carb days, but your body never adjusts to that starvation because you have a high carb day right away. LOL! It tricks the metabolism while pulling out calories.

I'd try some T3 first, then add in 2 week cycles of clen as appropriate. Before either of these, however, I would do the carb cycling. That shit just flat out works. It starves you on the no carb days, but your body never adjusts to that starvation because you have a high carb day right away. LOL! It tricks the metabolism while pulling out calories.

This

If that is all that's holding you back from a gaining phase then, start the gaining phase.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Hell, my last prep that fat didn't come off until a couple weeks out. Unless you're getting on stage I don't see the reason to put your body through the stress.

Pics would give a better reference

If that is all that's holding you back from a gaining phase then, start the gaining phase.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Hell, my last prep that fat didn't come off until a couple weeks out. Unless you're getting on stage I don't see the reason to put your body through the stress.

Pics would give a better reference

I want to maintain 10-12% yr round so I'm taking it slow.

What do y'all do to get that last area of stubborn fat? I'm lean and vascular everywhere on my body and have striated quads but it's like my lower back fat has not lost a pound of fat.

What do you do to get rid of this area? I've been dieting for months and everywhere else continues to get lean but the stubborn areas

You sound like me.. Its a genetic thing for the most part.. every male in my fam has the back fat,sides.. I can rid it, but if Im not on my diet it comes back (beer would reek havoc in that area)..For me, clens/tren aside from cardio did does the trick, but its a slow process, but man it comes back with blinding speeds with no f'n prob.. Its funny, I can look great when things are dialed in, but 1 week on vacation, fagettaboutit!

Did you ever consider having a meal high in protein pre work out, than take your carbs post? Nothing boosts metabolism like protein. Stubborn fat like that is often fixed in the kitchen...

/V

My cousin is a physique guy and in his off season sometimes his body fat gets up there, 2014 he took off two years from competing and shot up to like 15-18% but STILL did not have the lower back fat. He held it in his stomach/obliques. His cycles only consist of test no greater than 600mg, and winny up to the contest.(so he says but he's a very honest guy so I'm inclined to believe him) Genetics are king.

Some are blessed with that genetic trait and do not store in the lower back. For those of us who hold it there when we get over 10-12%, it's just the hardest area to lose it and can be discouraging, especially when your abs are popping lol.

Also if your waist when lean is 31 inches or greater, or you have wider set hips I feel you are much more susceptible to it. My cousin is 6'0 with a 28 inch waist while lean, pretty crazy. And if he didn't have a larger upper body I think he would look a little odd.

edit: typo

Last edited:
Back