• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Any Good Weight Gain Shake Recipes

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ive posted in my log that I plan to head into an extended bulk after a short break. If you have ever read a single post of mine you will likely know that bulking and I have a storied history. I dont believe we have been able to last more than 10 weeks let alone 5 months. For me the issue has always been calorie intake. Even at a cruise weight I still struggle to get in the full amount daily, so that being said I plan on trying to build my caloric surplus with heavy shakes. I have used them before but more so for calorie maintenance. Most actual gainers are full of shit literally so I was thinking of sticking with a really quality protein and just adding in the calories. Im usually good for a few heaping spoon fulls of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of grains but im curious if any of you have put together a solid recipe.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

I add in Now Foods Carbo Gain when I need to add in some complex carbs. It's 240 cals and 60g complex carbs. I also use whole milk when I need more cals.

And for the ultimate high cal shake I add in my favorite "mass gainer" protein. It's fucking delicious! It's like nothing else you've ever drank. And 620 cals per serving. It's Smart Gainer by New Whey Nutrition. The Chocolate Carmel flavor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oats,egg whites, olive oil or PB. That will pretty much cover all bases. Adjust amounts to fit your needs .

6 ounces of boiled chicken, 1 scoop protein powder, half cup white rice flour, 8 ounces of apple juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and blend it all up. Sounds nasty but gets the job done

6 ounces of boiled chicken, 1 scoop protein powder, half cup white rice flour, 8 ounces of apple juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and blend it all up. Sounds nasty but gets the job done

Not sure if this is serious or not lol. That sounds horrible. I do chicken and rice shakes often, but that sounds a bit much even for me lol .

This sounds similar to my long time training partners Chicken Shake!!

I used to do a tuna one in the 90's. Boil 2 cans of tuna, drain..to eliminate sodium. Puree with hawaiian punch in a blender and drink. Tastes alot better then it sounds LOL

Anyways, heres Dereks Chicken shake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Hg9G3CS4s

Not sure if this is serious or not lol. That sounds horrible. I do chicken and rice shakes often, but that sounds a bit much even for me lol .
Yep....dead serious. I drink two of these every day

IML Gear Cream!
3 cups milk, whole to add more calories
2 cups quick oats
2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter
two scoops protein powder
1 banana

cheap, easy and doesn't give you bloat that the manufactured stuff gave me.

Drink more whole milk. Add oil to your meats when cooking. Sounds like you need to use some more "dense" foods. Have some bacon with your breakfast, use butter(real) with your oatmeal. Using more beef instead of just chicken. If you have to get up in the middle of the night to piss like I do, have another snack, it will help you to be more hungry in the morning.

I think the key to a good mass gaining shake is adding actual 'food'. Why I'm not a big fan of mass gainer powder. I'd rather put in eggs, milk, heavy cream, oil, and peanut butter. I usually do ice, two table spoons of peanut butter, three eggs and a scoop and a half. Tastes amazing.

Hey when you guys are talking about Cream, is that like the thick "milk" they used to use for ice cream and other sweets?

Hey when you guys are talking about Cream, is that like the thick "milk" they used to use for ice cream and other sweets?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know using "half and half" or "heavy whipping cream" instead of milk will add a nice richness to any kind of shake you are making. You can find the stuff right next to the milk at your grocery.

Drink more whole milk. Add oil to your meats when cooking. Sounds like you need to use some more "dense" foods. Have some bacon with your breakfast, use butter(real) with your oatmeal. Using more beef instead of just chicken. If you have to get up in the middle of the night to piss like I do, have another snack, it will help you to be more hungry in the morning.

Good stuff Phil and yes I am already taking in some fats like bacon and butter and have upped the red meat over chicken. Even at that though historically I have struggled to get in a surplus of calories and found myself maintaining versus growing. Thats where I hope I can pick up at least another 1500 calories.

Thanks for all the info fellas. As crazy and maybe gross adding chicken is I also think it could work. I mean the texture will be thick and I imagine with everything else you wont really even taste it too much. EIther way some good stuff here and I appreciate it!

Thats where I hope I can pick up at least another 1500 calories.
Others may disagree with me... Fat. Twice the caloric density. Add more fat every chance you get. A couple of good dense foods that most avoid are cheeze and nuts. Nuts are VERY dense with protein fat and carbs all in one convenient package. Carry around some nuts with you all day and munch whenever you can. Pick whatever tastes the best to you. If you like sunflower seeds, they are also great to eat. Buy a bag that are already shelled and just keep eating them.

This will also be highly controversial, but drink juice instead of water. I love a good grape/cran or cran/apple blend and can easily drink a half gallon of that along with a half gallon of whole milk a day, easy. Now, I know all those carbs isn't good for your pancreas and the insulin required to move them, but using AAS is inherently risky, so wtf.

If you try, you can richen up your diet pretty easily, it may not be considered "clean" but as long as you keep a diverse intake, your body will preferentially use the complex carbs slower than the quick ones and the protein for the uses that you want it to.

You may add more fat than you are used to, but many people underestimate their actual "5000" caloric intake.

Thanks for all the info fellas. As crazy and maybe gross adding chicken is I also think it could work. I mean the texture will be thick and I imagine with everything else you wont really even taste it too much. EIther way some good stuff here and I appreciate it!

The chicken shake is not that bad. Eat some green veggies before hand to help the digestive system. It actually help my waist size go down.

8oz chicken
10 oz water
20g your favorite flavor whey protein
16g natural peanut butter ( smuckers)

blend it but not to thick and not to thin either. To thin it was like I wasn't even eating anything.

Pennsylvania-Dutch-Egg-Nog-Costco-3-640x480.jpg

Over the holidays I LOVE this blend. Puts a solid 10 lbs on me in 2-3 weeks, no joke LOL. Note the cream.

Get Shredded!
if you plug your nose it goes down easy and it's over fats. Another trick for cals....add a olive oil to protein shakes or pour some over meats

Back