• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wickr is Locked Up

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anybody else having this problem?

Mine is spinning after re-entering password.

By now most people know about the privacy app wickr. Sources use it all the time now as a way of communications. However the code has never been published and verified like other apps such as Wire.
Mick I know this was cut and paste. But can you link where Wire code was published and verified? Would love to see that.

Also, no matter what service we use, no matter what VPN's we use, and how careful we think we are.... if the gov'ment wants to bust your ass, they are going to bust your ass. That said, I think it is totally stupid to conduct business using your gmail or yahoo account.

Wikr has been super fucked up lately
They just downloaded a big 'upgrade'. I understand the paranoia but almost all upgrades with most software have issues. I guess it could be the NSA watching us, but like I said....if they want you, they will get you no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Weve been using the wire app. Its pretty good it just doesn't let you know when someone screen shot something
Oh that sounds secure! An undercover cop's dream!

They just downloaded a big 'upgrade'. I understand the paranoia but almost all upgrades with most software have issues. I guess it could be the NSA watching us, but like I said....if they want you, they will get you no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that sounds secure!
They hear us everywhere

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I hate to tell you guys this but the NSA has zero hacking ability.

Even when it came time to try and open the iPhone's the two terrorists had in the San Bernardino attack the FBI had to go to a special company in Israel to unlock the phones.

Time to put the aluminum hats away.

They hear us everywhere
Still no reason to throw caution to the wind. Be as careful as you can, have a clean house, and don't loosely talk in the gym about steroid use. I hear guys all the time bragging about their cycles and what they buy...... unreal.

IML Gear Cream!
I hate to tell you guys this but the NSA has zero hacking ability.

Even when it came time to try and open the iPhone's the two terrorists had in the San Bernardino attack the FBI had to go to a special company in Israel to unlock the phones.

Time to put the aluminum hats away.
OMG.... you are my friend, but you are clueless. I've been at NSA headquarters back before they admitted they existed.... I worked there as a contractor. Zero hacking? They hacked the CIA to prove a point. That is what the NSA DOES is hacking going back to the Soviet Union and Cuba.

OMG.... you are my friend, but you are clueless. I've been at NSA headquarters back before they admitted they existed.... I worked there as a contractor. Zero hacking? They hacked the CIA to prove a point. That is what the NSA DOES is hacking going back to the Soviet Union and Cuba.
Hacking the CIA does not surprise me, just another government agency back in the day. How long ago was that?

Company I work for uses 128 bit encryption for HIPAA compliance. Nobody can get past it, not the
NSA, nobody.

Back in 1973 the NSA had the capability to to zoom in on your car in your driveway, or the top of your head from satellites. They could zoom in on enemy ships right down to a soldiers head. I SAW it. To this day that is classified information.

Most of you guys have a false sense of security..... but I love you anyway.

Yet none of the federal agencies could unlock an iPhone.

Makes you wonder.

Yet none of the federal agencies could unlock an iPhone.

Makes you wonder.
I don't wonder. The gov'ment KNOWS if the public thought our government could unlock their phones and see and read all personal info there may be riots. I am not a conspiracy theory person, but I totally believe this

Also, no matter what service we use, no matter what VPN's we use, and how careful we think we are.... if the gov'ment wants to bust your ass, they are going to bust your ass. That said, I think it is totally stupid to conduct business using your gmail or yahoo account.

This is true ....just a hurdle to jump thru

It was cut and paste with out a link my friend.
So what is the point? If we are going to kick Wickr to the curb in favor of Wire (i see a mass exodus to Wire), there should be at least a bit of proof instead of he said, she said, right? What I bolded was a pretty bold statement. With no proof it really is meaningless.

Anything telling me something is not right I will delete period.

It's not worth it.
I just mean in the original cut and paste it said Wire code was published and verified. So if we can't view that info it's not relevant right?

I am not trying to argue. Both of you guys are two of favorites guys on this forum. You know I can be vocal. The day I'm not, I retire :)

So your company is completely protected from government intrusion. No wire taps, no interception of email, no interception of voice mail, no interception of text messages?

Anything encrypted yes, regular emails, texts and phone calls no.

I think you give government agencies too much credit. They are not as bright as you make them out to be IMO.

Anything encrypted yes, regular emails, texts and phone calls no.

I think you give government agencies too much credit. They are not as bright as you make them out to be IMO.
I think your software guy really blew some high priced smoke up your ass :)

Hacking the CIA does not surprise me, just another government agency back in the day. How long ago was that?

Company I work for uses 128 bit encryption for HIPAA compliance. Nobody can get past it, not the
NSA, nobody.

You're mistaken. It's not easy, but it can absolutely be done if someone wants to, and has enough time(and yes, the know how) Nothing is completely secure, get that out of your head.

The real key in the security world is to make is such a pain that they move on the the lower hanging fruit. Make it more trouble than it's worth.

I dont want to put people into panick mode but i just got some terrifying info.... everyone clean house. I will update you all real soon.

You're mistaken. It's not easy, but it can absolutely be done if someone wants to, and has enough time(and yes, the know how) Nothing is completely secure, get that out of your head.

The real key in the security world is to make is such a pain that they move on the the lower hanging fruit. Make it more trouble than it's worth.

^programming expert!

It always amazes me that people think that the government of today doesn't have they capabilities of which they actually do, yet also believe they put men on the moon with vacuum tubes and less computing power than an iPhone.
The government is fucked up but the resources are endless. That's why they hire so many contractors. Contractors are the only people getting shit done. Certainly not the rank and file GS workers.

Back