• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Biggest study on cardiovascular side effects of steroids brings bad news for users

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
A small number of human studies, a large number of case studies and loads of animal studies have already shown that anabolic steroids are not good for the heart and blood vessels. American cardiologists have now published the largest human study so far on the effect of steroids on the cardiovascular system, and once again

Read More...

Not the best news, but it's expected given how aas affect lipids in the blood.

This quote I just took from the article is key IMO.....

"The condition of the off-cycle users was less alarming, which suggests that during the period that users are not taking drugs the heart recovers to some extent."

....so this here^ is just one of the MANY reasons why I always stick with 8 week cycles, and take at least as much time OFF the gear inbetween cycles as I am ON the gear. Running 16-24 week long cycle durations definitely is NOT doing your heart nor the rest of your cardiovascular system any good at all. Omega 3 oils are known to prevent myocardial infarction, (AKA "heart attacks") so taking capsules which contain that becomes crucial to gear users, (at the very least DURING the gear cycles) and some gear usders who avoid performing any cardio work at all are likely not doing themselves any favors either as far as their heart condition

I wonder how cardiovascular exercise impacts these results? I mean if some is doing regular cardio I would think it would have a positive impact here and in general.

Also using fish oils? IDK

These are variables they probably didn't look at in this study.

Let's not kid ourselves guys.

We're fucked in the long term. This is not the first study to lean this way and even common sense tells us AAS is not good for your kidneys or cardiovascular system.

Did you guys see the study that nandrolone causes aortic stenosis?

giphy.gif

IML Gear Cream!
This is why my goal is to stay reasonable, hopefully only do 2 cycles per year. Hopefully I don't get sucked in past that point, but whatever. I don't think my mind will hold out much past 70 anyway. My family has a serious problem with Alzheimer's disease. If I'm senile and croak because of these decisions, nobody will care.

Anything with excess will have some downfalls: either working out or AA's.
It's a lot bout how your body responds to it as well.
The cardiovascular effects are there, I've researched a lot about the topic at school for presentations and case studies.
The only downfall about this kind of studies is that they only focus on a specific point/topic/subject to get published, as the IRB wants something very specific for the study to be "reliable and replicable".
Didn't go through the whole entire study, but again, there is theory and practical application: research can only show you so much and is usually a little bit behind the actual practice and trends. That is only because it takes SO MUCH time to get it published. Before they publish it, it needs to be replicated by several other scientists... By the time is comes out, there's another study proving the opposite :hmm:

I appreciate these studies and am happy for the scientists that take the time to study such a very smal slice of the population affected.
However, when I see statements about heart function, plaque, cholesterol etc. I wonder if they were to make a fancy graph showing the mass population alongside people who workout, eat well or at least aware of what they eat and generally don't have the stressed out, sedentary, unhealthy lifestyle of the masses, what THAT graph would look like?
It reminds me of something I think Dan Duchaine said once about his interaction with a DEA guy. The guys sits across the desk drinking copious amounts of coffee, smoking cigarettes and jamming down a box of donuts, telling DD "These steroids are unhealthy and bad for you." (more or less the statement iirc)
Sure Dan died at 48 of rotten kidneys but...

I look all around me and see people looking like shit, feeling like shit and waddling through life with all their bad habits. They look so uncomfortable in their own skin, take a dozen pills and yet live pretty long lives, considering.

I'd rather look good and feel good for the rest of my years. AAS help. Calculate risk I guess?

Back