• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Post Workout Nutrition

macedog24

PSL Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This is a topic that will get different opinions for sure.

Some people will say you should get in macros right after your workout. Others will say it is not necessary as long as your consuming the set amount of daily calories/nutrients you need to hit each day...

While i agree to an extent, i believe there are Windows of timing to better utilize our nutrients we are consuming.

Personally, i believe right after a workout is one of them. You just depleted your nutrients and glycogen stores. Some of your muscle proteins have been broken down.

So naturally replenishing them is key to help rebuild your muscle protein and replenish your glycogen. This will help stimulate new muscle growth.

Consuming protein(amino acids) will help build and repair these proteins and new muscle tissue.

Your glycogen stores are used as fuel and depleted during exercise and strenuous activity, consuming carbs withiminutes after your workout will help replenish them .

Now consuming both protein and carbs together will maximize protein and glycogen synthesis.

What is everyones opinion?

Do you take something after you workout?

What do do you consume?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Whey protein after workout if cutting whey protein with carbs if building simple

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I see very few people working hard enough to deplete anything lol.
That being said muscle building and digestion are relatively slow processes so it would make little difference as long as you are getting proper daily nutrition.

Lol tru not many even break a sweat.
After intense workout I take 10 iu of slin. Then hit the cardio for 30mins so after cardio my body is primed for nutrients. I down a shake mixed with 80 grams flavored whey protein , 80g oatmeal, 22g of condensed milk ,10g creatine and 10 glutamine. Next workout I get insane pumps and strength steadily increase. I usually do that 3 times a week and you have to cycle It every other week or so. People just need to play with it to see what works best for them. Also mainly off-season bulk is best

4oz unsweetened Apple sauce and five egg whites right after workouts.

Hydrolized protein immediately after a workout, or during and then after also.

Studies prove it's effects on Spiking insulin.

Also we know that hydrolized proteins have a higher bioavailability then whole food protein sources and absorb faster.

Therefore you cannot lose with this option :)

Back