• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

From Fattie to Abs Before 50

IML Gear Cream!
Oh, no, wife would not like me hairless at all, not one bit. She likes me hairy. Lays on my chest with Netflix on and runs her fingers through it.

I have no where near as much hair as you do, but I find it super annoying when the wife messes with mine. Kind of like chinese water torture...no big deal at first, but after awhile it drives me nuts!

I have no where near as much hair as you do, but I find it super annoying when the wife messes with mine. Kind of like chinese water torture...no big deal at first, but after awhile it drives me nuts!
i hate when she fingers my belly button.... freaks me out ... hate it

she twirls my beard I’m bed but doesn’t mess with my chest hair. I quit shaving it cuz I got sick of looking like I had chest herpes (always get ingrown hairs) tried NAIR once, that also gave me chest herpes but more painful version.

Same here. I think it's the fingernails. I made the mistake of asking her to feel just above my belly button the other day...then she jabs a nail right in the hole. WTF?

She always checks my belly button for lint. This is always followed by oral sex, so she has me pretty much trained like a good little doggy not to complain about her checking the belly button . . .

I ended up doing a lot of research, and, sure enough, calorie requirements decrease as we age. They really drop off after 50, and I am experiencing it first hand.

Added 50 mcg of T3.

Right now on:

375 mg test
50 mcg T3
ECA

T3 and ECA started just yesterday.

It feels weird to be injecting so little (half a cc three times a week, using an insulin needle), and, since the "lat injection" thread made me try a new spot, I have plenty of locations to pin, no PIP, and no lumps. It's hard even to notice half a cc of decent gear.

This old man is getting a narrower and narrower waist. My belt is in another notch. All my pants are wrinkled around the waist now as I cinch in my belt to hold them up.

At the same time, I am keeping all or most of my strength, even getting stronger on some exercises.

I think the T3 is making a significant difference., typing only three days later, so four days total of use . . .

Past couple of days, after reading a post from Wrekem in which he said 50 and 75 mcg of T3 made no difference, I could not help myself. I upped my calories a little bit, and I continued everything else the same, but I increased my T3 to 75 mcg.

New daily low weight this morning.

Looked more cut in the mirror.

Looks like it makes a difference on me.

I'll be watching carefully for lean mass loss, decreased weights in the gym (hasn't happened yet in spite of 3 months of slow cutting) or any other reason to cut out the T3 or decrease it back to 50 mcg, but I am going to try 75 mcg at least a few days longer to see what happens.

541 calories on the stair master this morning, fasted. Whew! :rolleyes:

Curious, where are your cals at now? Macros?
Oh, iceman1977, sorry to say I have not been counting lately. My meals are pretty much the same all the time, so I generally know. For example, I have basically two breakfasts. One is 2 eggs with a cup of egg whites and half an ounce of cheese. The other is six eggs, half a cup of oats, and one slice of whole grain toast.

All of my meals are kind of "set" like that.

What I did the past couple of days was add some carbs. Sweet potatoes or rice in small amounts where in those meals I would have just had chicken and a veggie. I did this on purpose to see whether the 75 mcg of T3 would help even with the calories loosening a little, but I did not measure my food the last few days, sorry.

OK - here is the real reason, full confession - I went to a friend's party Saturday, and it was all you can eat steak and salmon grilled on an outdoor fire (and of course lots of other stuff) and I even had a few (few!) beers and two shots of Tequila.

Yeah, I must have eaten five pounds of meat that day. I was not even going to try and put all that into MyFitnessPal, and I sort of got out of the habit since then . . . I'll start again . . . :eek:

Get Shredded!
Oh, iceman1977, sorry to say I have not been counting lately. My meals are pretty much the same all the time, so I generally know. For example, I have basically two breakfasts. One is 2 eggs with a cup of egg whites and half an ounce of cheese. The other is six eggs, half a cup of oats, and one slice of whole grain toast.

All of my meals are kind of "set" like that.

What I did the past couple of days was add some carbs. Sweet potatoes or rice in small amounts where in those meals I would have just had chicken and a veggie. I did this on purpose to see whether the 75 mcg of T3 would help even with the calories loosening a little, but I did not measure my food the last few days, sorry.

OK - here is the real reason, full confession - I went to a friend's party Saturday, and it was all you can eat steak and salmon grilled on an outdoor fire (and of course lots of other stuff) and I even had a few (few!) beers and two shots of Tequila.

Yeah, I must have eaten five pounds of meat that day. I was not even going to try and put all that into MyFitnessPal, and I sort of got out of the habit since then . . . I'll start again . . . :eek:
Hahaha

I like the real reason much better.

I've been "forced" into a cut. Taking some time to shed some body fat and get my abs popping again. So we're both on the same boat.

This is my last week of cutting cals. Next step for me is adding cardio. Trying to do things slowly but scale isn't moving much. Seems like father time has different plans.

Hahaha

I like the real reason much better.

I've been "forced" into a cut. Taking some time to shed some body fat and get my abs popping again. So we're both on the same boat.

This is my last week of cutting cals. Next step for me is adding cardio. Trying to do things slowly but scale isn't moving much. Seems like father time has different plans.
LOL! Age matters. I cut the calories until the scale moves that week, then I add in cardio the next week. At least then I know I am truly eating in a deficit. It was 2100 calories for me this time to get the scale moving, the lowest it has ever been (no T3 at that point, though).

I'm at 2000 right now. And I'm hungry and bitter all the time, so it must be working.

I'm at 2000 right now. And I'm hungry and bitter all the time, so it must be working.
The scale and a tape measure around the waist up at the belly button (not down on the hips where you wear your pants) do not lie. The mirror lies to me all the time. The scale and the tape measure tell me the cold, hard truth.

So the stair master says 541 calories burned, fasted cardio. I ate my "lean" breakfast, 43 grams of protein but only 361 calories.

Math.

Wow. Ok. Update. Weight is dropping. I lowered T3 back to 50 mcg last two days. I did do fasted cardio the last three days in a row (541 calories shows on the machine). I increased my calories to 2500 yesterday. I wake up this morning, and my weight is only 211 pounds.

Those who said my thyroid might be responsible for my lack of weight loss and needing really low calories may have been correct.

Here is the kicker, though. In spite of rapid weight loss this week, I am the same or stronger on pretty much every lift. Progressive overload is still progressing. Does this mean I can rest assured that I am still not losing lean mass in spite of my weight loss?

I am probably single digit body fat now. I have lost almost 2.5 inches (waist-belly measured up around the belly button, not down on the hips) since January, down to 35.75 inches.

I am going to add in some carbs today, just because it looks like I can afford to do so.

Delusions of grandeur hit me while working arms last night - they were getting pumped, and I was very impressed with myself looking in the mirror doing dumb bell kickbacks - arms looked great. For some reason that exercise makes my upper arms and triceps look very thick. I'll have to get somebody to film it one of these days so I can remember what they were like when I get old - show it to the grand kids! LOL!

With my weight down to 211, and in single digits but nowhere near stage ready, I am a little disturbed to see that I would probably step on stage weighing what???, after more fat loss (another 5% even to get me down to 4 or 5% all by itself would be another 10.55 pounds, so down to 200 or 201) and water loss (those who have competed can let me know what you have to lose in water, what???, another ten pounds???) and I would be on stage weighing down in the 190s.

Yipes.

Need to gain some lean mass . . .

This idea of your body randomly deciding to fuck with you thing is another one I’m having difficulty grasping.

For all my friends that ask what I do or how to lose weight I always say it’s simple math. Eat less food than you need to live. Any diet you like is fine as long as one way or another your calories are restricted below what you need to live. Some diets do this intentionally. With others, calorie restriction is an accidental byproduct of their dumbass rules. But hey whatever works.

I do this because 99% of people never get beyond the point where this is the single biggest factor, and I’m constantly fighting with dumbasses who want to know if the current fad diet will work.

Managing metabolism accurately at your level is above my pay grade. I get the sense that there is truth in some of the ideas but I’m not able to manipulate them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend, but not a close enough friend that I can be brutally honest, talks to me from time to time about nutrition and physique development. He started lifting weights hard. He is fat. Not obese, but a spare tire the size of a tire. He has gotten bigger and puffy over the last year or so. He objected to me telling him to cut first. So now he is bigger and puffier and maybe even a little fatter. He eats what he wants, eats out a lot, including fast food.

So now he is a little disgusted with the way he looks. So we talked about tracking his calories and macros. He started doing it. He cut a little out, like I told him, but he has not cut it down to the point where he is losing anything. When I explained that he has to cut out more, he started getting pissed off, talking about concentration camp survivor look, and, "Well," all huffy, "If that is true you could just stop eating altogether and lose weight."

Sigh. So I made one last try. "Yes," I explained, but then you would lose the muscles you have been working on. I am suggesting pulling out another 200-300 calories to see if you lose any weight this week. If not, then pull out a little more. We want to get just enough calories out to start you losing weight, and keep enough calories in to keep your lean muscle tissue, and, of course, keep the protein high as we discussed, 200 grams or better yet 250 if you can get it in."

He took a deep breath and blew it out and started to object again. I interrupted and told him he appeared to want to just argue, and I was not interested in winning the argument. "You win," I said. "Do what you want." That was three months ago. He looks just as puffy as he was on the day of our conversation. He probably tells his wife that I am "lucky" and have "good genetics," LOL!

He listens religiously to Dave Ramsey as well, but his financial life is a complete mess, so I am starting to detect a pattern here.

A friend, but not a close enough friend that I can be brutally honest, talks to me from time to time about nutrition and physique development. He started lifting weights hard. He is fat. Not obese, but a spare tire the size of a tire. He has gotten bigger and puffy over the last year or so. He objected to me telling him to cut first. So now he is bigger and puffier and maybe even a little fatter. He eats what he wants, eats out a lot, including fast food.

So now he is a little disgusted with the way he looks. So we talked about tracking his calories and macros. He started doing it. He cut a little out, like I told him, but he has not cut it down to the point where he is losing anything. When I explained that he has to cut out more, he started getting pissed off, talking about concentration camp survivor look, and, "Well," all huffy, "If that is true you could just stop eating altogether and lose weight."

Sigh. So I made one last try. "Yes," I explained, but then you would lose the muscles you have been working on. I am suggesting pulling out another 200-300 calories to see if you lose any weight this week. If not, then pull out a little more. We want to get just enough calories out to start you losing weight, and keep enough calories in to keep your lean muscle tissue, and, of course, keep the protein high as we discussed, 200 grams or better yet 250 if you can get it in."

He took a deep breath and blew it out and started to object again. I interrupted and told him he appeared to want to just argue, and I was not interested in winning the argument. "You win," I said. "Do what you want." That was three months ago. He looks just as puffy as he was on the day of our conversation. He probably tells his wife that I am "lucky" and have "good genetics," LOL!

He listens religiously to Dave Ramsey as well, but his financial life is a complete mess, so I am starting to detect a pattern here.
Actually he probably just thinks your on 3g total sterons.

Malf, hate to say this, but I'm done trying to help people that don't want to help themselves first. That goes for family as well. You spend so much time and energy explaining things (no sacrifice bc you enjoy it) but in the end they look at you like you're out of your mind.

If they show some effort and results, I'll gladly help. For those that just want to go through the motions, I'm too busy for that.

IML Gear Cream!
Damn, you don't think 200 pounds at 6' 2" is too small? you had said a while back you and I are very close to same physique type, my abs were showing decently and obliques as well, stage looking, hell no, don't care for that, just want to impress friends family and wife, and myself of course and I was 238, I could not imagine me at 200 or a hair less lol, but good luck malf, glad to see you pushing on, what is the T3? I may need to read up on that shit I am older too.

Now that my shoulders appear to be OK I am just now getting back at it hard! strength is back pretty good, gym owner actually helped me rehab back(he and his wife actually compete) and he was impressed with the 150lb dumbbell incline pressing, been trying to stay away from flat but really want to see where I am at with that as well, someday maybe.

I am only 6 foot (shorter than you). I have been 238 - strong as an ox, but I looked like a puffer fish!

New low this morning upon waking and pissing - 210 lbs. I have increased calories a little and increased frequency of cardio.

Embarrassing but truthful (even if low quality crappy lighting and bathroom mirror selfie) pics to follow, front and back.

Last edited:
you had said a while back you and I are very close to same physique type
:roflmao: I was suffering from delusion, thegame. A more honest assessment - Side by side on a stage you would take the first place $20 plastic trophy, easy.

Last edited:
what is T3? I may need to read up on that shit I am older too.
One type of thyroid, generally espoused to be the "active" type here on the forum. It is called cytomel or triiodothyronine - T4 is produced as well (thyroxine) and converts to T3. T4 is Synthroid and what they typically give to persons with low thyroid activity. Literally millions of persons are on it (mainly females for some reason).

I am only 6 foot (shorter than you). I have been 238 - strong as an ox, but I looked like a puffer fish!

New low this morning upon waking and pissing - 210 lbs. I have increased calories a little and increased frequency of cardio.

Embarrassing but truthful (even if low quality crappy lighting and bathroom mirror selfie) pics to follow, front and back.

Where my pictures is!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cut or shredded yet . . . :thinking: but some abs are finally showing under all that fur (keeping fur for now to keep the wife happy).

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Now how the hell does one take a selfie of his back in the mirror? Hmmm . . . twist all awkward and try to half assed flex the lats at the same time and snap! the pic.

Hrmph.

Well, this looks awkward.

Back has IMPROVED believe it or not. I know it is not much to brag about, but it was way worse before I started concentrating on bringing it up. It is hard to see, since it is behind me, so it is hard to gauge progress unless I take an awkward selfie . . .

So, well, here it is, flexing hard to try and make it look like I have developed some muscle back there.

Oops! Why is it sideways?

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
A little more relaxed view here, but I guess I still have a lot of fat or something for my back to look so smooth. No lines, cuts, nothing. I have a ways to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0707 copy.jpg
    IMG_0707 copy.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 77
It's Easter, so I did fasted cardio in the AM and then proceeded to overeat the feast we laid out for family visitors. I did not even try to track calories. It was great!!! :winkfinger:

I'll get back on my diet tomorrow.

Keep up the good work malf! You’ll get there.

Back