• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Vegan Bodybuilding

DUTCHPHARMA

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Im an animal lover. Not much to it gents. I mean im one of those types that truly values life in any form and feel for another creature giving its life so I can get protein and grow or at least maintain. That being said, is it far fetched to believe one can do well in bodybuilding as a Vegan? With so many alternate protein sources is it that far fetched to believe one can go down this road with very little animal based calories?
Dont get me wrong, im sure many of these products I would need to consider would still have some animal based ingredients but all in all is it a complete necessity to put down mutliple steaks, chickens, eggs and fish to do what we do?

I agree brother! I'm vegan as well! I believe you can get the necessary protien without animal products andvi also believe the amount of protien recomended by most bodybuilders is too much.

It depends on what youre talking about. Are you trying to get to Jay Cutler status? if so....youll never get enough protein from vegan sources. But Bill Pearl was vegan and built a good physique so some size can definitely be attained

What about Jim Morris and Jordan Davis? They are pretty big, isn't protien just protien?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

no protein isn't protein. Most vegan sources of protein are not whole proteins. They are missing one or more of the essential amino acids. So in order to get whole protein multiple vegan sources have to be combined to get whole proteins.

no protein isn't protein. Most vegan sources of protein are not whole proteins. They are missing one or more of the essential amino acids. So in order to get whole protein multiple vegan sources have to be combined to get whole proteins.

This is true but fairly easy to do.

I do think its fairly easy, there are a couple good options with complete protiens and a few obvious combos. Also i dont think 200+ protien is necessary, as long as you have enough calories. Plus cholesterol and overall health will benefit

I follow conscious muscle on instagram, guy is a monster. Just not enough bodybuilders and ppl in general giving it a chance.

Problem is on a cutting diet if you try to get protein from vegan sources. It has unnecessary carbs along with it. So that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
It's not the protein you should be worried it's the B vitamins.

Problem is on a cutting diet if you try to get protein from vegan sources. It has unnecessary carbs along with it. So that sucks.

They're usually good quality carbs at least, for example quinoa

They're usually good quality carbs at least, for example quinoa

They are indeed slow digesting but carbs nonetheless. On a cutting diet you dont want those extra carbs.

Back