elbow injury

Thread: elbow injury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

elbow injury

hey guys. I recently had surgery on my elbow. I had what was called an ulner nerve transposition. the nerve in my tendon was popping around the outside of my elbow whenever I tried to do push ups, bench press, skull crushers etc. I was told that I would be able to lift again and since I was younger it should heal well. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem. im really hoping this wont prevent me from lifting in the future. anyone had a similar elbow surgery and know anything about the recovery process?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Sorry to hear that DS... i have had the same thing aboit 2 years ago. My elbow has recovered well, just be patient. U will get used to how it feels after a while. The way it rolls around after surgery. Especially when you supinate your bicep. Keep pushong it bro.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

does it feel different when working out? it cant be any worse than the popping it was doing before. has it given you any problems. how long did it take to before you could really hitting the weights again. im really curious. glad to know yours healed up well. I was worried I would be able to go hard in the gym anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,423 Posts
    Rep Points

I never had that surgery done. The VA was recommending it a while back for my ulnar nerve pain but I decided after a lot of research that it wasn't worth it for my situation. Obviously yours warrants that procedure lol.

I'd imagine it'll work out alright in the long run. It'll probably take a minute to heal though since I'm assuming they had to cut it out of the muscle in your forearm and move it around the elbow.

Take care man, wish I had some more knowledge on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Not really different. But early on with post op workout it was tender. When i tried to load up i could feel a little more roll around. No loss of stability, i can handle weight fine. As far as heavy weights about 2 months of sensible rehab. I had surgery dec. Of 2015. So right at no probs. Gym just liten to body and area as you start ro load.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

has this held you back from working out since it has healed? I really want to be a personal trainer and im hoping this wont prevent me from working out the way I want in the future. I really like to lift heavy especially on bench and that is where I was having problems with my elbow. im just hoping in about a year from now when im fully recovered that I can start hitting my workouts really hard and start putting on size again. I want to be able to run some gear and workout 6 days a week. I was wondering from a body builders point of view has this prevented you from lifting as much as you used to or did it seem that the surgery made your arm just as good as before? I really want to put on some size and be able to compete with someone who hasn't had the surgery. if I cant put on a lot of muscle n size then maybe I should choose anther career option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

No bro, it hasn't stop me from lifting as heavy as I like to go. Some of the other injuries I have has stop me. I torn both my biceps as well. Now, those I would tell you could slow your growth, Eespecially aesthetically. I think you're going to be fine with setting your goals. You know as well as I do you're gains will be more at the training table then in the gym. I say go for it and don't use it as an excuse. If you don't hit your goal at least you can look back and say you gave it your all. No regrets.