• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What keeps you motivated

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
As training continues there seems to be a mental threshold one inevitablely has to cross. Sometimes it's fatigue perhaps even a little laziness.. My question for you is what keep that flame burning? Is it a belief or feeling or even a compound or other drug?

After 38 yeras of training, its just natural for me. Only jumped on gear at age 50 after training steadily since 1978/79.
Just love it...

The thought of more opportunity, more women

Feeling better each day mentally, physically,emotionally and seeing how most guys my age look and feel gives me all the motivation I need

I turn off all notifications on my phone and really try to seep my thoughts into the simplicity of the bar just going up and down.
I start this about half an hour before I go into the gym. Mind clutter destroys my concentration

I still have a lot of motivation but fuck I don't know what happened to the motivation I had when I was 15! I'm 22 almost 23 now but I used to train like an animal and grew like one to! Now I've pussied up and am trying to find that relentless bastard I used to be.

The mirror is my motivation, The Oak(Arnold) and The Rock(Dwayne) are huge motivations as well.

That if I don't lift I become an irrational, bi polar, overly sexual, asshole.

That's plenty for me.

IML Gear Cream!
Man what's cool is age and back kgorund aside it seems like we all share a certain laser focus in this.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Man what's cool is age and back kgorund aside it seems like we all share a certain laser focus in this.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Pretty much, you are either into it, or you are not, sure we may have a hiccup here and there, but we always end up back at the gym killing it lol.

I'll look at a pic of me during a down fall, or bad period in my life..Instant ammonia inhalant of life, back to gains! nuff said!

I'll look at a pic of me during a down fall, or bad period in my life..Instant ammonia inhalant of life, back to gains! nuff said!
Yeah man I'm keeping my fat pics for when I feel like being a turd again in the future

Motivation for me is the spouse, mirror, music, and watching powerlifting competitions from time to time online.

Yeah man I'm keeping my fat pics for when I feel like being a turd again in the future

I have fatty pics and under weight pics....The ups and downs in life, truly, keep me going..

In a few pics I notice a shirt and I'm, man, I loved that shirt what the heck ever happened to it?!??! seriously... like where did it go?

I train 6 days a weeks. Sometimes i feel tired. But what gets me going is thinking that if i dont rip these muscles they wont grow into bigger muscles. I have an image of my future self. And when i feel tired that images shows up unconsciously as if to remind me what my goal is. And then i feel the fire. The burning. The beast inside that says just take a scoop of pre workout and get my ass to the gym because the beast wants to lift even if i dont. Lol.
And you know what i do. I take a scoop or two if its not loaded with caffeine and star at myself in the mirror maybe bust a flex and get my ass in the gym.

Anger.

I trained on and off for years but never focused enough to be "good". Just liked to squat and deadlift a ton. July I was Hit by a drunk driver and almost killed. I still remember the entire accident and remember that when I was yelling for help (Jeep was on fire and I was unconscious for a solid 60 seconds) every one stood around like a bunch of cucks and I had to pull myself out and drag myself away/give myself first aid to control bleeding from a massive gash on my head. Every time I consider skipping the gym or feel sluggish I just remember that if I hadn't spend so much time training back I'd probably be in a wheel chair from how hard I got hit and when I don't feel like pushing myself beyond that pain barrier I remember that when my life depended on it, nobody else wanted to help and it came down to me.

I agree with the mentality of thegame, vision and Samson. The mirror, music, spouse and the fact that if you go thru a "downfall", as Vision said, or unexpected events occur in your life and you see yourself not as good as you have been and want to be, it is a kick the ass or an ammonia inhalant....The fact that you have that Alpha Male mentality along with building your body and throwing iron around being in your DNA is awesome motivation as well.

Anger.

I trained on and off for years but never focused enough to be "good". Just liked to squat and deadlift a ton. July I was Hit by a drunk driver and almost killed. I still remember the entire accident and remember that when I was yelling for help (Jeep was on fire and I was unconscious for a solid 60 seconds) every one stood around like a bunch of cucks and I had to pull myself out and drag myself away/give myself first aid to control bleeding from a massive gash on my head. Every time I consider skipping the gym or feel sluggish I just remember that if I hadn't spend so much time training back I'd probably be in a wheel chair from how hard I got hit and when I don't feel like pushing myself beyond that pain barrier I remember that when my life depended on it, nobody else wanted to help and it came down to me.

Wow, thats some very personal motivation right there. Heavy.

I had the uninvited chance of being a first responder to horrible accident. It wasnt life threatening but there was smoke and broken bones and it was super intense. Sorry to hear no one dove in immediately to help you because it sounds like thats what you would do if the tide was turned.

Get Shredded!
One. I just enjoy it. This is the only way for me to adjust my brain chemistry that isn’t destructive. Bad day, lift, boom good day.

Two. I don’t want to go back to being such a fat ass. My 30 year old self would have horrified at me a year ago at 38. I’ve still got a ways to go to get where I want to be, but I feel good again for the first time in probably 7-8 years. I’m not gonna let that go again ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My motivator is wanting at 47 to be the best I possibly can...look better then the average guy my age and even 15 years younger. Like a competition to me.

I am vain in this respect. It matters to me what ppl think (there I fucking said it).

I suppose ppl who just do whatever and eat whatever just really don't care what anyone thinks on how they appear. I can't be that guy.

Lots of things keep me motivated but one of my favourite is how people that have either known me for a long time, or haven't seen me in a long time, react to seeing me now. I don't understand what all them bitches are complaining about being touched and grabbed by dudes for, happens to me every time I go out now and I kind of like it ;)

My motivator is wanting at 47 to be the best I possibly can...look better then the average guy my age and even 15 years younger. Like a competition to me.

I am vain in this respect. It matters to me what ppl think (there I fucking said it).

I suppose ppl who just do whatever and eat whatever just really don't care what anyone thinks on how they appear. I can't be that guy.

Well if you didn't I'd be worried about your mental health or think you're a low cog. Humans are a social species, we have to care what others think if we want to survive.

Two things. One, my husband is kind of a dick about it when I get fat. Two, when some asshole tries to insinuate that I’m somehow worth less than him because I’m a woman, I want the satisfaction of knowing I can out-lift him.

Attachments

• 2F794839-63A6-4E60-B35B-70C0D7619187.jpeg
    2F794839-63A6-4E60-B35B-70C0D7619187.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 46
As training continues there seems to be a mental threshold one inevitablely has to cross. Sometimes it's fatigue perhaps even a little laziness.. My question for you is what keep that flame burning? Is it a belief or feeling or even a compound or other drug?
I look in the mirror and I get disgusted....at 52 and I'm in the top 30%....i wanna be in the top 10%....my goals are realistic.....i don't wanna be old, flabby, wearing black socks with loafers....i wanna be that guy who's probably fucking your gf.

Sent from my DEA work phone

If I don’t train for more than a week I revert back into these deep depressive states with drugs and alcohol.

Back