• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Pin gauge

excessisbest

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I jave noticed that standard protocol is 23 gauge. I recently went to 21 gauge. Seems much more efficient. My question, is this just personal preference or is there a benefit to the smaller gauge or larger for that matter.

Larger hurts more and leaves more scar tissue behind. You're crazy for using a 21, you'll start to feel the crunch of scar tissue after a while. I use 25

I do not know how you guys use a 25 gauge- Seems it would take forever to get oils through that size- It takes a while for me with 23 gauge
MB

I do not know how you guys use a 25 gauge- Seems it would take forever to get oils through that size- It takes a while for me with 23 gauge
MB

I always heat the oil first by letting the vial sit in hot water. Allows the oil to flow more easily through smaller gauges.

I use a slin pin 29 gage cause even 25 causes a lot of scarring. Since it's a smaller tube it creates more pressure and it's just as easy to pin as 23 gage. You have to fill it from the back though.

Larger hurts more and leaves more scar tissue behind. You're crazy for using a 21, you'll start to feel the crunch of scar tissue after a while. I use 25

Exactly

Yeah, guess I should have asked this first. Tho, they don't seem to hurt any more that the 23, definitely want to keep the scaring to minimum. So guees I'll run through these and bump back down. Thanks

It is hard to get through a 25 for me but you're supposed to inject slow anyways, the kind of rule of thumb is 30 sec per ml. It flows faster then that for me when I'm pushing hard so it's cool in my book. Try the mct oil that is hot right now. I actually haven't yet but it's supposed to be super easy

IML Gear Cream!
It is hard to get through a 25 for me but you're supposed to inject slow anyways, the kind of rule of thumb is 30 sec per ml. It flows faster then that for me when I'm pushing hard so it's cool in my book. Try the mct oil that is hot right now. I actually haven't yet but it's supposed to be super easy

Boom!

I use 21 for glutes and 23 for everywhere else.

The smaller the better for both scar tissue and speed of injection though. Unless you don't have a steady hand and doing a Michael J Fox during the pin.

Been pinning with 25's but I might pick up a few 27's to see if I notice a benefit in reduced PIP or comfort at the time of pinning.

I use 25g for everything. For heavier oils, I just hold the bottom half of the vial under hot running water from the faucet for 20 to 30 second right before i draw out the gear. That's all it takes, and the gear wont ever get hot enough to be compromised. I never heat up the syringe that way though. I'd sure rather heat glass than plastic. Especially when it's holding gear that I'm about to inject into my body. Something about the possibility of plastic by-products being leached into the gear just plain scares me.

I use 25 for glutes when im going over 1.5cc per inj. When im doing eod or ed, I use 27g. 1/2 inch -1cc. I use 27g for shoulders and small area injections(min fat areas). Cant feel that needle go in and scar tissue is minimal. Best decision I have ever made to switch. Once gear is in barrel run faucet hot water over it for about a minute(kep cap on of course). Dry off and inject, gear should flow right through. Hope this helps.

Back