• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bicep help!!!!

ddeal1

MasterBlaster
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
im a very hard gainer in my biceps can anyone help me out here on what i can do.

lift heavier weight, seated preachers with full ROM made mine explode over the last couple years

At the end of your normal arm session add in several sets on 21's. That will really finish them off. just the addition of those can and will spark new growth. Put a tight squeeze on them, slow negatives.

Last edited:
Every one is a hard gainer gaining muscle is one of the hardest things on the body. I wouldn't go heavier go lighter focus on full contractions and mind muscle connection just really make the muscle work taking it past where you don't want to go pain wise. If that doesn't help diet will need fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More heavier back work.....

I hardly ever do biceps and my are pretty cut up... They get their work while I train backs.... Also have been genetically gifted with good biceps :) lol

More heavier back work.....

I hardly ever do biceps and my are pretty cut up... They get their work while I train backs.... Also have been genetically gifted with good biceps :) lol
I also almost never work my biceps, I do alot of heavy back work twice a week and any additional bicep work has been counter productive for me. After 15 - 20 sets of back work, adding curls has only caused my biceps to be overtrained, and there is no room for bicep work in between my back workouts.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

i can think about chest or shoulders and they grow but biceps no go. i do 12 sets twice a week and really pay alot of attention to form. should i be doing more sets.

Try and increase intensity and drop rest time really shock the muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can think about chest or shoulders and they grow but biceps no go. i do 12 sets twice a week and really pay alot of attention to form. should i be doing more sets.
The bicep is a small muscle to begin with. Personally I think 12 sets may be too much. When do you do your back workouts in relation to your biceps work? If I were to train biceps directly, I would probably start with 5 sets of chinups to failure and then just do a couple of sets of barbell cheat curls and finish up with some alternating dumbell curls while lying on a high incline bench. I would try to do no more than 9 or 10 sets total, but that's just me. I remember Arnold saying chinups are great for building big biceps.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

More back work will help, and also when doing curls, use a lighter weight, not heavier like has already been claimed, and focus on contracting and squeezing. Go slow, tempo sets. 2 to three second concentric and eccentric with full range of motion.

The goal here is to recruit as many fibers as possible.

Pay note to your elbow, elbows should not be moving when curling. Most guys throwing around curl weight they have no business touching in the first place.

I only do hammer curls for forearm strength. I purposely avoid doing curls because I don't want mine to grow.

I didn't ready every response but IMO...you need to really take time to get a full peak contraction, don't worrie so much about weight if it compromises you'r form and increase you'r intensity by using super-sets/drop-sets and limit you'r rest between sets. Also train them by them selves first then triceps(Arm day only). Remember after 4-5 weeks you will start to plateau, switch and maybe drop volume for 3 weeks doing just striaght sets then hit another 3-4 weeks of high intensity-back and forth brother.

Also agree...my biceps are honestly my worst body part and least responsive, but you need to understand growth is optimal nutrition and optimal recovery...for what it's worth op. They have great guys on here. Figure out what suits your body. Growth is in recovery though as well as feeding the recovery nutritionally. Keep that in mind...

Back