• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Blood pressure meds

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What meds have you guys found that work?

My blood pressure problems started a couple years ago and is definitely impacted to a large degree by aas use, more gear = higher pressure. The problem has gradually gotten worse and my gear use has been reduced consistently trying to compensate for it. Went to doc earlier this year, was prescribed hctz 12.5. Worked at first but after 8 months or so seemed to stop working. Couple weeks ago doc switched me to chlorthalidone 25mg which had no effect. Friday back to doc and now on Lisinopril/hctz combo 10/12.5mg. Today day 2, BP dropping so seems to be working but very dizzy and lightheaded. Anyone have experience with this combo.

I have taken just plain Lisinopril with great success at 20mg a day., Metoprolol is another option and I have used it at 100mg daily., it brought my BP down but didnt work as well as Lisinopril. If your BP is real bad you could try Clonidine. Clonidine is very strong though so be careful you don't bottom out with that one. Clonidine also comes in patch form for continuous release.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

25 mg hctz and 10mg lisinopril
but on that for a few years at least

Thanks guys. Good info.

Man I've been fighting to stay off meds but gotta throw in the towel at this point. For three months I've been cruising with only 180mg test and 200 deca, BP 130-140/80-90, which is boarderline hypertension and is tolerable for me but still not good for long term health. I tried to add just 100mg wk of tren E and 100 mast E to that and BP shot up to 150-160/90-100; Only took 2 shots and came off. Tomorrow is 7 days since last pin, think I'm just gonna go with 200mg/wk test only till I get this handled.

Thanks guys. Good info.

Man I've been fighting to stay off meds but gotta throw in the towel at this point. For three months I've been cruising with only 180mg test and 200 deca, BP 130-140/80-90, which is boarderline hypertension and is tolerable for me but still not good for long term health. I tried to add just 100mg wk of tren E and 100 mast E to that and BP shot up to 150-160/90-100; Only took 2 shots and came off. Tomorrow is 7 days since last pin, think I'm just gonna go with 200mg/wk test only till I get this handled.

high bp will lead to so many problems. nothing wrong with a low dose of bp meds .
as you get older not much you can do, especially if you want to crank the gear to a decent level of use.
high bp will kill you long before a water pill and a lil beta blocker will

high bp will lead to so many problems. nothing wrong with a low dose of bp meds .
as you get older not much you can do, especially if you want to crank the gear to a decent level of use.

Yeah I've come to this realization.
I'm not wanting to run much gear, I'm close to my long term goal, 225 @ 9-10%. I'm 220 @ 10% now. Would of already been there a while ago if not for the BP problems.

Lisiniopril here too. Taking 40mg. Works great
40mg bro.?? Dang., do u mind me asking how high your BP was.?? Did 40mg a day make you tired.?? I remember taking 40mg one time cuz my BP shot up real high(160ish/mid90's) and it made me super tired and groggy. Just curious as to how 40mg made you feel.???

Do you guys notice a connection between elevated Estrogen levels and times when you have high BP?

Or get a blood test that indicates sub optimal thyroid function when experiencing BP issues?

I know that some gear can lower thyroid out put and it will increase estrogen/prolactin levels.

Not that you would stop taking a BP medication when dosing an AI or taking T3, but just wanted to know if anyone noticed any improvement in BP symptoms around the time of dosing either T3 or an AI while on cycle?

I understand that there are alot of moving pieces in the human body, but this is something I had read about, and actually notice at times in myself and was wondering if anyone else might have noticed the same thing?

Lozarten is the best choice if it lowers your blood pressure because it dilated your veins for better blood flow. That means better pumps, better recovery and possibly more strength. Also it won't cause ED like other blood pressure meds

Do you guys notice a connection between elevated Estrogen levels and times when you have high BP?

Or get a blood test that indicates sub optimal thyroid function when experiencing BP issues?

I know that some gear can lower thyroid out put and it will increase estrogen/prolactin levels.

Not that you would stop taking a BP medication when dosing an AI or taking T3, but just wanted to know if anyone noticed any improvement in BP symptoms around the time of dosing either T3 or an AI while on cycle?

I understand that there are alot of moving pieces in the human body, but this is something I had read about, and actually notice at times in myself and was wondering if anyone else might have noticed the same thing?

No I don't notice an increase from BP with estrogen, water weight definitely yes. My nipples are supper sensitive, they swell up with e2 over 40. I've been on T4 for 5yrs, I would say no to that but never tried to track it when I increased the dose. Hgh definitely lowered my thyroid function and required my to increase my dose. Big salty meals is see a jump in BP along with the 2-3 pounds of water weight. Also my BP goes up after an ass injection.

Avapro 150mg works great for me, I'm 57 and BP is controlled with Avapro ( Ibersartan )

Last two days I was tired, dizzy and tingling/itchy skin. So today I took half a tab. My script is 12.5 hctz/ 10 Lisinopril

Another thing is this shit makes your veins swell up like a mofo!

Last edited:

Are they genuinely "safe" at low doses? I had the impression all these drugs were dangerous to a degree but less so than simply enduring high BP, as you mention. Maybe I'm getting these confused with statins.

Fortunately my numbers have stayed good so far, just genetic luck cuz it sure ain't diet and cardio, lol.

40mg bro.?? Dang., do u mind me asking how high your BP was.?? Did 40mg a day make you tired.?? I remember taking 40mg one time cuz my BP shot up real high(160ish/mid90's) and it made me super tired and groggy. Just curious as to how 40mg made you feel.???

The highest it's been was 185/120. That was a scary day...my left eye went blind and I couldn't see anything but bright light. I was an idiot and hadn't taken my meds in a couple monthst. An insurance mix up made it hard to fill the Rx and I ended up forgetting about it.

I've been on blood pressure meds since high school. Runs in the family. All my aunts and uncles, my father. And my grandfather all had hearto attacks. My dad had 6 of them, last one killed him.

40mg doesn't feel any different to me than 20mg. And it keeps my blood pressure nornal...for me. Mines usually 130/90-80.

now on Lisinopril/hctz combo 10/12.5mg. Today day 2, BP dropping so seems to be working but very dizzy and lightheaded. Anyone have experience with this combo.
Same as me. The first time I did squats on that I saw stars and thought I was going to die after the set. I was seriously concerned and had somebody in the gym watch over me.

After about 2 weeks everything was fine and it no longer affected my workouts.

Same as me. The first time I did squats on that I saw stars and thought I was going to die after the set. I was seriously concerned and had somebody in the gym watch over me.

After about 2 weeks everything was fine and it no longer affected my workouts.

Thanks for info.
Today was first workout on it, was dizzy but not as bad as last couple days. I only took half this morning then waited till after gym to take other half, worked good.

Get Shredded!
Cartia 300 and 50mg HCTZ . My body gets immune to my meds every 6 months or so and have to either switch or up the dosage. Lisinopril made me super dizzy and cause me to have vertigo. Vertigo is the absolute worst!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cartia 300 and 50mg HCTZ . My body gets immune to my meds every 6 months or so and have to either switch or up the dosage. Lisinopril made me super dizzy and cause me to have vertigo. Vertigo is the absolute worst!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to guy today who said same thing, he'd been on 8 different BP meds. Same thing happened to me with hctz when I was taking it alone.

I have had great success going the natural route. My BP got as high as 175/110. I burst blood vessels in my eyes. My doc put me on lisinopril but that caused lethargy and a persistent cough. So, I tried mukta Vati. It caused my bp to go so low that I had to cut the recommended dose in half. Since then I run around 120/70. it is available on Amazon through divya pharmacy and takes about 6 weeks from time of order to receive. That's the only issue I have with it otherwise it's a great product. I've recommended it before on ASF and haven't gotten any feedback, but can't say enough good things about it. I would love to see someone else try it because I know it works and want to see my brothers in iron stay healthy!!!

I have had great success going the natural route. My BP got as high as 175/110. I burst blood vessels in my eyes. My doc put me on lisinopril but that caused lethargy and a persistent cough. So, I tried mukta Vati. It caused my bp to go so low that I had to cut the recommended dose in half. Since then I run around 120/70. it is available on Amazon through divya pharmacy and takes about 6 weeks from time of order to receive. That's the only issue I have with it otherwise it's a great product. I've recommended it before on ASF and haven't gotten any feedback, but can't say enough good things about it. I would love to see someone else try it because I know it works and want to see my brothers in iron stay healthy!!!
Seems too good to be true.

Seems too good to be true.

True, if it worked that good I would of come across it my research I would think.
But I will definitely research it and maybe order if looks promising.

The highest it's been was 185/120. That was a scary day...my left eye went blind and I couldn't see anything but bright light. I was an idiot and hadn't taken my meds in a couple monthst. An insurance mix up made it hard to fill the Rx and I ended up forgetting about it.

I've been on blood pressure meds since high school. Runs in the family. All my aunts and uncles, my father. And my grandfather all had hearto attacks. My dad had 6 of them, last one killed him.

40mg doesn't feel any different to me than 20mg. And it keeps my blood pressure nornal...for me. Mines usually 130/90-80.
Dang bro., that is a HIGH BP READING.!!! HOLY SHIT.!!! Sorry to hear about your father man. I'm glad the Lisinopril is working for you cuz it sounds like high BP runs in your family. I like Lisinopril the best out of the different BP meds I have used. I only take 20mg dose and that drops mine down really good with no side effects.(130ish/low80's),those BP readings are usually consistent during a blast with an oral kickstart.,(I have my fiance that's a nurse check mine daily during blast) my normal BP during cruise is actually good...(low120's/low70's). I was curious about how 40mg ED made you feel dude., as i mentioned before when my BP shot up really high and I took 40mg., it made me super groggy and tired. I get that same feeling when I take Clonidine., which is very potent... that shit works GREAT but will put me to sleep .!!! However 20mg of Lisinopril is definately my sweet spot and favorite. It does NOT make me tired or groggy., but it works and keeps my BP at a decent number during blast.

Thanks for sharing your experiences brotha and make sure you keep up on your meds cuz high BP can get ya into trouble quickly with your overall health. Not worth the risk man.!! I'm sure your in the habit of taking your meds nowadays after experiences like that.!!!! Stay healthy and safe brotha.!!!-----peace bro

True, if it worked that good I would of come across it my research I would think.
But I will definitely research it and maybe order if looks promising.
I agree it does sound to good, but the stuff is like 6 bucks for a months supply on Amazon if it doesn't work you're not out much. I heard about it from my trt doc who uses it to treat the Amish since they won't use traditional meds.

I agree it does sound to good, but the stuff is like 6 bucks for a months supply on Amazon if it doesn't work you're not out much. I heard about it from my trt doc who uses it to treat the Amish since they won't use traditional meds.

OK I ordered, be here in 2 days, let you know how it works

propanolol is another o e

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back