• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ASF Throwdown Challenge Ass Kicking Ultimate Log Extravaganza

The quality of my before pic suck ass...would anyone oppose to a resubmission for judging sake..unless judges are cool with my submitted glamour shots.

The quality of my before pic suck ass...would anyone oppose to a resubmission for judging sake..unless judges are cool with my submitted glamour shots.
So did everyone's. Sack up and roll

BTW, down 5 lbs since pics

So did everyone's. Sack up and roll

BTW, down 5 lbs since pics

Lets clarify and everyone can take it for what it is...but theres a difference between looking like shit in the photo and the photo looking like shit..in this case the photo quality is dark as shit. And yeap im at 190..but either way im good.

I look like shit and my photos are shit. It's all good. Bundy for president

I can see the goods in your pics😉

I look like shit and my photos are shit. It's all good. Bundy for president

Shit brother that before and after pic of yours pretty much shut everyone up! Almost hope i get to face off with that version of you at the finish line....

I'm down 6 you better get off the internet and workout 😘
54fc85f2d051c604680dc6c74ae28619.jpg

How important do you guys think keeping in the "fat burning zone" which for me is 120bpm, during cardio is? I feel like I'm crawling at that pace...
I normally go 10% incline at 3mph for 45-60min.
But in order to stay in the heart rate that's recommended for fat burning, I have to drastically slow the pace...
Thoughts, suggestions or ideas please

Sponsored by Legend Pharmaceuticals

How important do you guys think keeping in the "fat burning zone" which for me is 120bpm, during cardio is? I feel like I'm crawling at that pace...
But in order to stay in the heart rate that's recommended for fat burning, I have to drastically slow the pace...

Just my two cents, but you will always burn more calories going faster and with more intensity and with a higher heart rate.

That does not mean it is easy. It sucks. Most people will quit rather than continuing with something more difficult.

But it is simple physics. More resistance, more speed, more movement, higher heart rate, necessarily burns more calories. A calorie is just a measurement of energy. Expend more energy, and you expend more calories.

Why work harder, when you can take it easy and burn more fat?

Right?

LOL!

Does that even sound like it is real, or does it sound like marketing for a magic pill?

I see no reason for you to slow down so that you are in the "fat burning" stage. I personally feel that as long as you are over that you will be just fine. One pound of fat is a lot of calories so the quicker you burn those calories the better IMO

At lower intensities, more fat is burned than glycogen. This is expressed as a ratio or percentage.

So lower intensity must be better, right?

Not so fast . . .

From where does glycogen come?

Also, does the ratio change so much that you are burning more fat when you reduce the intensity?

You burn more fat, even at a reduced percentage of fat v. glycogen, at high intensity. You also (duh!) burn more glycogen, which your body (liver) must replace.

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/04/01/fat-burning-zone-myth/ Read this. If you do not have time, then just scroll down and look at the chart about halfway down.

I hope that helps.

Get Shredded!
I would look to the type of cardio in relation to your feed state.

Fasted - LISS
Fed - HIIT

I wouldn't be so worried about calorie burned the quickest. I would be looking at muscle preservation above all else.

Just my two cents, but you will always burn more calories going faster and with more intensity and with a higher heart rate.

That does not mean it is easy. It sucks. Most people will quit rather than continuing with something more difficult.

But it is simple physics. More resistance, more speed, more movement, higher heart rate, necessarily burns more calories. A calorie is just a measurement of energy. Expend more energy, and you expend more calories.

That was my gut with the whole thing too! Burning calories is burning calories, it's about creating a deficit in calories for the day...
Thanks! Sometimes I just need confirmation of my thoughts!

I see no reason for you to slow down so that you are in the "fat burning" stage. I personally feel that as long as you are over that you will be just fine. One pound of fat is a lot of calories so the quicker you burn those calories the better IMO

I think that's a part of what this challenge is all about, learning from each other and sharing idea's. Thanks again for confirming my thoughts and beliefs...

Fasted - LISS
Fed - HIIT

I wouldn't be so worried about calorie burned the quickest. I would be looking at muscle preservation above all else.

It's fasted LISS

Fasted - LISS
Fed - HIIT

And wouldn't aas help preserve muscle?

This new book I got on nutrition says 1lb of body fat is basically 3500 reserve calories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This new book I got on nutrition says 1lb of body fat is basically 3500 reserve calories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it was in the 3000 range. For some reason my head was thinking like 3200 or something like that. I didn't think I was correct so I didn't put a number. LOL

It's fasted LISS

Yeah then you don't need to be killing yourself. I walk the neighborhood fasted and get plenty of fat loss.

If not I'm doing sprints after a meal.

AAS will help Yeah but, why rely on that when you don't have to.

Back