• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Good Credit, No Credit, Bad Credit...

Seattlesbest

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Trying to fix my credit, long story short fucked my credit up when I was around 18-19. Never used it since, I'm 30 now.

Does anybody have any tips on how to fix it, tricks? Thanks a lot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to start.

Thanks a lot.

Creditboards.Com

Anything you ever wanted to know about credit including blunt convos about best credit products

I decided to take car of some minor shit on mine about 6 months ago and went from a weak as fuck credit score to an a credit rating in short order

Apply for a couple credit cards and use them for your bills which would be paid out of your bank account anyways. This triggers credit movement to credit reporting agencies. You just need to make sure you pay the balance off in full by the due date each month. This has helped me in the past year. Your credit story and age is about identical as mine.

There's way more to it than that including utilization strategies, paying before statement date not billing date and some subprime credit cards (most of cap ones lineup) actually lower your score some....there's also various places you can check for soft credit checks because too many inquiries lower your score.

I had to fix my husband's credit after he came back from deployment...and just because service members civil relief act is a law ...doesn't mean anyone fucking follows it

Trying to fix my credit, long story short fucked my credit up when I was around 18-19. Never used it since, I'm 30 now.

Does anybody have any tips on how to fix it, tricks? Thanks a lot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to start.

Thanks a lot.

Check out Clark Howard's website and Dave Ramsey too. As a high roller, you should have credit in the 700's soon enough. 👍

very easy to fix if you really haven't used it in that long.
I assume you live at a new address now? first you need to dispute
all the old shit as not yours and get it removed.
so if you will basically have a blank file. then you just piggy back on a family
and get added as a JOINT account and you will have immediate history

Don't have more than a few lines of credit. Keep balances under half of available credit. Get a copy of your report from all three major credit reporting companies (experian, equifax, and transunion) and dispute any negative items on each report. A lot of times, the companies that reported the negative info fail to respond in time or not at all, and the info drops from the report. Just keep disputing until they don't let you anymore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I took a class with wells Fargo. I was the worst bro i couldn't even get a prepaid card.. So i took a class gave them my info and whatever debit i could remember and before i knew it i had a $250 credit card. Now im at $30,000 limit and cyristal clear credit if there's such a thing. Upper 700z .. It feels good to be dedt free..

Cheapthreads out..

very easy to fix if you really haven't used it in that long.
I assume you live at a new address now? first you need to dispute
all the old shit as not yours and get it removed.
so if you will basically have a blank file. then you just piggy back on a family
and get added as a JOINT account and you will have immediate history
This ... Disputes are pretty easy in fact pull your report stuff that old may be gone . The most simple way to "start" credit on your own is get a secured credit card. Your bank will have one . Pretty simple put a grand in the bank and you have a 1000.00 limit on your card . Use it pay it off every
month and your credit will be good in 6 months to a year. Like mentioned earlier Dave Ramsey is the man with a credit score of zero. Yes everything is paid for. I wish I would stick to his program.

Thank you all for the suggestions, all great ideas. I'm getting right on this. The other day I applied for a credit card to save about 25%, and I got denied. So that's why I looked into this. I've always just used cash. Some credit sounds nice.

IML Gear Cream!
Creditboards.Com

Anything you ever wanted to know about credit including blunt convos about best credit products

I decided to take car of some minor shit on mine about 6 months ago and went from a weak as fuck credit score to an a credit rating in short order
Thanks a lot.

If you were 18-19 and now are 30 then your credit history should be clean. You probably don't have bad credit but you just don't have any credit so you need to astabblish some. Get a credit card or 2 and just be sure to keep a low balance or pay it all off each month. Keep in mind if you have 1000$ credit line and have 900$ against it then it will hurt you. So keep it low if you have to carry it over like a couple hundred. Pretty soon they will up your line of credit and now the ball is rolling in your favor.

applying is a mistake until you know whats on there. first thing you need to
do pull a report from all 3 agencies direct . for you it will free.
of course I could show you how to build a million dollars in credit
in less than 90 days... but that wouldn't be legal. and I don't do that
kinda stuff anymore

kinda stuff anymore
Lol

kinda stuff anymore
Says the guy who hacked 30,000 emails from the DNC and blamed it on Russia...

Says the guy who hacked 30,000 emails from the DNC and blamed it on Russia...

not me bro. I don't know shit about computers. but that's one of the good things about credit. you don't even need a computer

Some credit is nice like for a mortgage buuuuuut don't get ass fucked in Credit debt. It's easy and happens real fast . I went from credit credit credit to nothing but a mortgage and an Amex back to a bunch of payments .

Some credit is nice like for a mortgage buuuuuut don't get ass fucked in Credit debt. It's easy and happens real fast . I went from credit credit credit to nothing but a mortgage and an Amex back to a bunch of payments .

that's why its nice to be able just walk away after you rack up half a mil or so.
but who would do such a thing. certainly cant be legal or morally correct

Credit karma. Sign up so you can keep track when you start. Easy way to track things

Apply for credit cards (probably secured if your credit is bad), use them and pay it off each month. I'd start there. Then when you establish some credit use only 10% of the max allowed on the credit card. Usually when you go over that it reflects negatively. Pay bills on time and don't worry too much about soft inquires on your credit. Sorry if this has been said as I didn't take the time to read everyone else posts.

Sam-

Get Shredded!
Thank you all for the suggestions, all great ideas. I'm getting right on this. The other day I applied for a credit card to save about 25%, and I got denied. So that's why I looked into this. I've always just used cash. Some credit sounds nice.

Check out creditboards. Place was invaluable to me and helped me get into navy federal at a time when I wouldn't have qualified.
I went from bad credit (cpl small medical bills I actually didn't know about and one super old student loan that had some lates) to 25k in available credit in about 90 days.

There's still a cpl of credit products that I want that I'm not ready to grab just yet but eventually.

I could walk into any dealership and buy a car upto 50k with my signature now though

in the same boat brother just started to get it back.. get a credit card. join the forum contest with us

dispute anything you can, call the derogatory reports to see if you can work a deal to get it removed. Otherwise, pay your bills on time.
Thanks buddy.

Check out creditboards. Place was invaluable to me and helped me get into navy federal at a time when I wouldn't have qualified.
I went from bad credit (cpl small medical bills I actually didn't know about and one super old student loan that had some lates) to 25k in available credit in about 90 days.

There's still a cpl of credit products that I want that I'm not ready to grab just yet but eventually.

I could walk into any dealership and buy a car upto 50k with my signature now though
Awesome website, thanks a million. Invaluable.

Yeah..smartest place I know on the www regarding credit

Sign up at credit karma, it's free and shows the two main credit reports. See what's still on your reports. The stuff from your early years should of fallen off by now.

How much do they charge for just their services ?

They dont. It's a free board. They don't recommend using a company because a credit repair place will often back you into a corner with shit and leave you stuck.

It's a very diverse board..I know I learned a LOT about different types of credit products in general.
If you have credit dings repairing it often doesn't cost anything more than stamps and time.

Secured credit card as someone else mentioned...its your own money you're using. Even a very low limit to start will be enough. Payment history will obviously help raise your score. Instead of making one payment each month, make a payment each week. In six months time, instead of just 6 payments you'll have 24, it make a difference..

Last edited:
Back