• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

how to build a Bigger chest

Hardman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
[FONT=&quot]Just looking for some views on how to build a bigger chest, been working out forever off and on and been on for a good 6 months now and still cant seem to build my chest up in strength or size, If anyone has some good pointers on how to remedy this problem it would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

I incorporate a shoulder press after doing flat bench into my exercise , I also do push-ups while adding 45-pound plates on my back have you tried something like that

entertainment purposes only

I caught a interview with Arnold where he said when bench pressing use a bench that inclines to multiple levels. I do it with dumbbells flat bench first then 3 levels of incline 3 sets each. After six months i noticed a huge difference. That's what worked for me.

Compound sets. In example

3 sets flat bench no rest straight to flat dumbell flys, rest 60 to 90 seconds.

3 sets incline bench no rest straight to incline dumbell flys, rest 60 to 90 seconds.

3 sets decline bench no rest straight to decline dumbell flys, rest 60 to 90 seconds.

I like to do drop sets when I do this, but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I caught a interview with Arnold where he said when bench pressing use a bench that inclines to multiple levels. I do it with dumbbells flat bench first then 3 levels of incline 3 sets each. After six months i noticed a huge difference. That's what worked for me.

Interesting, I may have to incorporate this

I'm not convinced that an impressive chest can be developed with dumbbell flyes and cable crossovers so the foundation of my chest training is incline, flat, and decline pressing movements. I typically use a combination of barbell, dumbbells, and machines to hit the chest with a balanced approach that covers all angles. The accessory movements are used for the warm-up and as finishers at the end.

This.

Just looking for some views on how to build a bigger chest, been working out forever off and on and been on for a good 6 months now and still cant seem to build my chest up in strength or size, If anyone has some good pointers on how to remedy this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
What are you doing now?

Well i can't get it to upload right. Ill post when i get it figured out

What are you doing now?

[FONT=&quot]i was going with[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]incline dumbell 4 sets of 6-8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]decline dumbell 4 sets of 6-8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flat bench 3 sets of 8 -12 with a burnout set to finish[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]then finish off with either dumbell flys or the machine flys 4 sets finishing with a dropstets to failure[/FONT]

IML Gear Cream!
[FONT=&quot]people keep saying high weight low reps.. Just getting more blood flow to the muscle after the pump should help. and i was thinking of dropping the weight each set and going till failure, thats called super set right?[/FONT]

Stop doing machines and strictly hit free weights. And make it hard.

i built this chest with chest with machines and cables. i'm lucky if i can bench 225 for a few reps

335197c2-08cf-4295-9618-142a80495fbf_zps5eelsyer.jpg

Last edited:
people keep saying high weight low reps.. Just getting more blood flow to the muscle after the pump should help. and i was thinking of dropping the weight each set and going till failure, thats called super set right?

no , super set is when you train 2 exercises and go back to back with no rest

[FONT=&quot]people keep saying high weight low reps.. Just getting more blood flow to the muscle after the pump should help. and i was thinking of dropping the weight each set and going till failure, thats called super set right?[/FONT]

Personally I can't get very pumped with high weight and LOW reps, 8-12 reps pyramid sets and failure or maybe even higher reps till failure I could get badass pump that way but low reps for pump? Don't make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i built this chest with chest with machines and cables. i'm lucky if i can bench 225 for a few reps

I'm assuming you have terrible shoulders then? I spend a lot of time making sure that never happens.

Never met a guy who did a lot of machines who didn't have a lot of pain.

And I've never seen a professional coach who had their clients do machines over free-weights, when able.

I have a big affinitive for the basic, primal movements. (Squats, Pulls, Presses.)

I can hit a solid 2 reps with 495, with zero pain or discomfort. I attribute that to me entirely avoiding machines, and doing corrective exercises with free weights.

You've got a good physique. I've never had the discipline to get below 10%.

Personally I can't get very pumped with high weight and LOW reps, 8-12 reps pyramid sets and failure or maybe even higher reps till failure I could get badass pump that way but low reps for pump? Don't make sense to me

good train for the pump if you want to look like a bodybuilder and spare you joints when you get older

I can't stand having pumps. Especially in my chest. I don't even see how you people can continue to work out. Once my chest is pumped, my workout is over whether I want to continue or not.

Get Shredded!

335197c2-08cf-4295-9618-142a80495fbf_zps5eelsyer.jpg
You look great man. Awesome build.

I can't stand having pumps. Especially in my chest. I don't even see how you people can continue to work out. Once my chest is pumped, my workout is over whether I want to continue or not.

Take about 4-6 grams of beta and you'll basically be numb lol you'll eventually just NOT be able to lift anything else after so long that's how you'll know your done idk it's worked for me before.

I'm assuming you have terrible shoulders then? I spend a lot of time making sure that never happens.

Never met a guy who did a lot of machines who didn't have a lot of pain.

And I've never seen a professional coach who had their clients do machines over free-weights, when able.

I have a big affinitive for the basic, primal movements. (Squats, Pulls, Presses.)

I can hit a solid 2 reps with 495, with zero pain or discomfort. I attribute that to me entirely avoiding machines, and doing corrective exercises with free weights.

You've got a good physique. I've never had the discipline to get below 10%.

yeah my shoulders totally suck. maybe you can give me some pointers lol
i'm 45 . i've had 1 injury in my whole life and that was a wrist. i train for looks not strength

SAM_2197.jpg

Take about 4-6 grams of beta and you'll basically be numb lol you'll eventually just NOT be able to lift anything else after so long that's how you'll know your done idk it's worked for me before.

I've been meaning to try it by itself for awhile now. Haven't gotten around to it yet, especially since I avoid pre's.

Just looking for some views on how to build a bigger chest, been working out forever off and on and been on for a good 6 months now and still cant seem to build my chest up in strength or size, If anyone has some good pointers on how to remedy this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

you beem training "forvever" that translated into on and off for 6 month. lol i just saw that part,
well in that case titan is right, stick to the basic compound movements . check back in after a few years

yeah my shoulders totally suck. maybe you can give me some pointers lol
i'm 45 . i've had 1 injury in my whole life and that was a wrist. i train for looks not strength

SAM_2197.jpg

I do an *annoying* amount of banded mobility work for my shoulders. I even have a day dedicated to stretching and movements lol. It's not fun but I used to be riddled with pain.

I played video games my whole life and sat on my ass and got fat. I wasn't athletic at all.

Then when I graduated I got tired of being fat and I started working out. I got strong and big quite quickly. I was benching 315 within my first 6 months. But this wrecked my joints and I had all sorts of immobilization problems.

I now no longer have those problems. Chris Duffin and Kelly Starrett videos on mobility have helped me and a lot of pain riddled athletes a ton.

Stan Efferding was going to have surgery on his hip, but was told to do mobility work instead. 6 months later, he didn't have to have surgery and went on to squat around 900lbs with no pain.

Mobility and A.R.T work is highly over-looked and under-valued.

It's a big reason why this generations Powerlifters are doing more weight than the last generations, with no pain.

I do an *annoying* amount of banded mobility work for my shoulders. I even have a day dedicated to stretching and movements lol. It's not fun but I used to be riddled with pain.

I played video games my whole life and sat on my ass and got fat. I wasn't athletic at all.

Then when I graduated I got tired of being fat and I started working out. I got strong and big quite quickly. I was benching 315 within my first 6 months. But this wrecked my joints and I had all sorts of immobilization problems.

I now no longer have those problems. Chris Duffin and Kelly Starrett videos on mobility have helped me and a lot of pain riddled athletes a ton.

Stan Efferding was going to have surgery on his hip, but was told to do mobility work instead. 6 months later, he didn't have to have surgery and went on to squat around 900lbs with no pain.

Mobility and A.R.T work is highly over-looked and under-valued.

It's a big reason why this generations Powerlifters are doing more weight than the last generations, with no pain.

congrats on the lifestyle change. i wont lie i def need more stretching and mobility work. i just hate training so i do as little as possible to maintain
the look i want . no doubt i could be much better if i put in more effort. i'm just too old to care at this point. so yes i do rely on genetics and drugs
i make no secret of that . you dont have my discipline to get lower bf but i dont have yours to train harder

congrats on the lifestyle change. i wont lie i def need more stretching and mobility work. i just hate training so i do as little as possible to maintain
the look i want . no doubt i could be much better if i put in more effort. i'm just too old to care at this point. so yes i do rely on genetics and drugs
i make no secret of that . you dont have my discipline to get lower bf but i dont have yours to train harder

I'll eventually get around to doing a Bodybuilding show. But I just want to set my State record right now. Honestly I was pretty lean before I got in a relationship. She made me fat. She takes me to places that have pancakes.

Hit at least 4 planes of motion. Multiple rep ranges

my fav:
3x5 flat bench
12,10,8 (just short of failure) decline db press. Form matters,
incliine flys ^^ same rep range
dbboverhead press focusing on clavicle head.cable push downs will continue to fry your pecs
drooset cable flys

i use dips at the new gym because decline flys need a spot because the benches are overly complicated. Don't disregard decline. Declines activate the upper pec as much as incline plus the lower. Dips/decline db press make
a big difference. Obviously add weight and reps as you can.

I'll eventually get around to doing a Bodybuilding show. But I just want to set my State record right now. Honestly I was pretty lean before I got in a relationship. She made me fat. She takes me to places that have pancakes.

i love Sunday morning ihop with my girl , blueberry pancakes and the big steak omelet with extra hash browns

Back