• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Marvels PSL sponsored log

I'm back from my vacation and I'm easing back into Bodybuilding lifestyle. While I was gone I got in a day of lifting and morning cardio one day. There was also lots of walking around but even more food and fun. I was able to just enjoy myself and time away from the daily grind. I left around 255 and weighed 263 this morning. I got up and did 30 mins of fasted cardio and will be lifting tonight. My goal is at minimum 3 cardio sessions and 2-3 lifting sessions. On Saturday I start prep so still want to take this week to ramp up to prep life.

After completing what I call exploratory or warm up workouts I'm ready to hit the ground running this weekend. My strength didn't fall off too much from the break and Trt dosing. This Saturday is 20 weeks out from my first competition. I'll be starting out with 5 days of cardio at 40 mins per day. I'll be lifting 5 times per week. Pull twice, legs twice and 1 push session. Macros will be 350 grams protein, 200 grams carbs and 55 grams fat. I'll be starting clen and T3 on an empty stomach in the morning. Clen will start at 20 mcg and T3 will start at 25 mcg. I'll also bump up my PSL dosages Test E at 400 mg weekly and EQ 200 mg weekly. I'll still run tamoxifen at 20-40 mg for the first week or two before switching to Aromasin.

First week of prep down, although the week wasn't perfect I can tell I already made progress. The holiday right after the weekend messed me up bit since I indulged in some alcoholic beverages. After that might nutrition was on point and workouts were good. I did slip up on morning cardio. 1 day I had to do my cardio around lifting which I prefer not to do as long as possible. My coach and I went over my current nutrition and this will be what we make changes to moving forward. I already dropped 5 lbs which I know is mostly or all water however I can see less bloat and some tightening in the mirror. This weekend I'll get a cheat meal and continue progressing.

Still early on in this week things are looking good. Weight is decreasing but more importantly things are looking slightly leaner. I am my own harshest critic so seeing progress a great thing. Sent my check in pics last night so the coach and I will discuss things today. I'm betting we leave things the same. Currently running PSL gear at 400 mg weekly of test E and 200 mg weekly of EQ. I'm also using 25 mcg of T3 and right now 60 mcg clen. I also used 4 units of humalog with my cheat meal on Saturday.
View attachment 31804
View attachment 31805

What are you prepping for? do you have a show comming up?

And how far out are you..... Lots of work to be done brother. Keeping workin!

Things are going nicely so far this week. I had my cheat meal this weekend and enjoyed some bbq. Ended up not even finishing my whole meal but instead of making myself miserable I just stopped. Workouts are going well as they should this early in prep. But what I'm really excited about is the progression in my leg strength, doing my best to get back to where I was. I'm still finding the right amount of volume for my current layout, which is pull, legs, push, pull and legs. Weight was 244 lb at check in. Currently running PSL gear at 500 mg weekly of test E and 300 mg weekly of EQ started on Saturday . I'm also using 30 mcg T3, done with clen for 2 weeks so using an ECA Stack along with some Yohimbine. I also used 5 units of humalog with my cheat meal on Saturday.

Currently at 18 weeks out, yes there is a lot of work to do but I feel like it's within my grasp for my best conditioning to date.

So this week has been great when it comes to lifting, nutrition and cardio. However the weight hasn't seemed to fall off as easily. I know it's water weight and I didn't add any body fat but when you base your cheat meal off of progress then it plays mind games. Now sure I could say I know it's water just eat like last weekend however that hasn't helped me achieve an overall yet. So this weekend my cheat will be downsized and I'm predicting dropping some carbs at my next check in.

Current OTC supplements I use daily :
Coq10 200 mgs
Citrus bergamot 2 caps
NAC 1.8 grams
Fish oil 2.4 grams
Krill oil 1 gram
Vitamin D3 3 pills
Red yeast rice 4 caps
Astragalus 4 caps

Get Shredded!
This weekend was jam packed. Had lots of friends and family obligations. However I was still able to complete what I needed to get done for prep. Sunday was the toughest. We had some bad weather that complicated things as well as sleeping in a little too late. I completed my leg workout doing the bare minimum volume I set out for myself along with shortened rest periods which I prefer not to do. I like to continue to use as heavy loads as possible during prep to retain muscle. Also being legs and still trying to get the shape and size back on my injured leg meant skipping legs wasn't an option. So I did what I could as quickly as I could.

Super set
DB stiff legged Deads 4 x 8-10
Sumo smith squat 4 x 12

Deadstop narrow leg press machine 4 x 15 last set drop set

Linear hack squat 3 x 20 last set drop set

Lying leg curls 4 x 10 last set drop set

Definitely felt it afterwards. Currently using 40 mcg of T3, ECA stack, 500 mg weekly of test E and 300 mg weekly of EQ. Using Aromasin at 1/2 tab most days but I'll use a full tab the day after injection.

Spoke with the coach yesterday and we are instituting one major change and one minor change. The minor change is an increase of cardio by 5 mins per session so that is now 5 sessions of 45 mins or 225 mins total. I like to use the total number because it gives me freedom to switch up cardio. For instance last night I did 10 mins of HIIT so this morning I did 35 mins of fasted cardio. I like the freedom to move things around but also if I want focus on hypertrophy I can keep cardio all in the morning. The 2nd and major change is staying on low dose T3 for the entire prep. I've always been a 6-8 week on then 6-8 weeks off guy. My coach disagrees and I'm willing to try his approach. So I'll be using 25 mcg per day for a majority of the prep but I may have weeks I increase. However the guideline is to not go over 50 mcg. I've done some research and some studies suggest that at a low dose the effect I'm your thyroid is no different if you run it for 6 weeks or multiple months. This week's gear use from PSL is 350 mg weekly of EQ and 500 mg weekly of test E.

This week has been very unusual when it comes to my normal schedule. I've worked 11 hour shifts the past 3 days because of a huge deadline we have. Due to that I've adjusted my training schedule. I've done less volume and more pump style training to get in and out of the gym quicker. I don't like to do this because I feel heavy training is still preferable even in prep. Since u still have morning cardio to do time is key this week. I should be able to get back to normal this weekend. I'm currently at 5 sessions of 45 mins of cardio but I can add in more sessions and lower the time of each if I like. Training is still 5 days a week but we changed nutrition plan. I currently do 3 days of 100 grams of carbs and the 4th day is a high carb day at 250 grams. My skipload window is now up to 10 hours and I know I'm already below baseline this week so it will probably increase to 12 hours. Currently thinking about starting injectable carnitine this week but will have to check my supply, if I don't have a good amount I'll wait till I can order some before starting it.

Now that things have died down on the work front I'm back in my normal schedule. Things have been going smoothly this week. I also started researching metabolic stress for hypertrophy. This is hypertrophy due to metabolite build up in the muscle otherwise known as a pump. I've done some metabolic stress type workouts in the past without knowing it. So I've decided to give it a focused effort instead. For each muscle group except legs I'll be doing to heavy workouts and the third being a metabolic stress type workout. If I start to see benefits I may even it out but for now I think heavy days are the best to retain muscle during prep. Now for legs I do 2 high rep days and the 3rd is a heavy day. Metabolic stress usually comes with high reps (over 12). So I'm programming those days to start with 1-2 exercises that are heavy compound lift the 3-4 lifts that focus on high reps or super sets, whatever it takes to get a pump. We can't lift heavy forever so might as well figure out other ways to grow before time wins out

Gave my heavy leg day a try and it gave me some soreness I haven't felt since before my injury. I've come to realize that squatting isn't a necessity for great kegs but I still want squat. So my compromise was to use the smith machine. I got up to 265 lbs for 10 reps and I was ecstatic. It was a mixture of knowing I can go up from there and because I wasn't sure I'd ever hit those numbers again. Some may say well it's a smith squat it won't produce the same amount of results as free squatting. They may be right but not having to focus on anything except driving the weight up on both legs may be what I need to get my legs back to their previous size. Every exercise or machine is a tool in your tool box learn when to use it for maximum benefits. Also got another touchdown from PSL going to snap some pics asap. Currently I'm running 600 mg weekly of test E and 350 mg weekly of EQ.

Gave my heavy leg day a try and it gave me some soreness I haven't felt since before my injury. I've come to realize that squatting isn't a necessity for great kegs but I still want squat. So my compromise was to use the smith machine. I got up to 265 lbs for 10 reps and I was ecstatic. It was a mixture of knowing I can go up from there and because I wasn't sure I'd ever hit those numbers again. Some may say well it's a smith squat it won't produce the same amount of results as free squatting. They may be right but not having to focus on anything except driving the weight up on both legs may be what I need to get my legs back to their previous size. Every exercise or machine is a tool in your tool box learn when to use it for maximum benefits. Also got another touchdown from PSL going to snap some pics asap. Currently I'm running 600 mg weekly of test E and 350 mg weekly of EQ.
right on bro, great stage pics. Keep up the good work.

Things have been going smoothly this last week. However I know that it's only going to get harder. The suffering started to kick in. There were a few days that when I woke up for morning cardio I was very out of it. I've also gotten fog in the brain a couple times, it seems I get a little more forgetful the deeper I get in prep. Yesterday I came across some great info and hope for my injured leg getting back to where I was and better. The new plan is to do some type of exercise for my leg every day I'm in the gym. When possible even do some stuff at home as long as recovery is there. I'll also be doing some type of soft tissue work multiple times a week. I can't afford someone else so I'll be doing much of it myself with foam rollers and a lacrosse ball. I'm still working on getting my metabolic stress days implemented. Spoke with my coach and cardio was upped. I'm currently at 6 days of 50 mins each. My plan is to either do all of it fasted in the morning or do 40 mins morning and 10 mins before lifting at night. Currently I'm running 600 mg weekly of test E and 350 mg weekly of EQ. I'm also using a ECA Stack along with 25 mcg T3. Also running Aromasin at 12.5 mg on most days but I use 25 mg the day after injection.

- - - Updated - - -

right on bro, great stage pics. Keep up the good work.

Thank you

Spoke with the coach today and we kicked it up a notch. Cardio us now at 7 days of 50 mins. Cycle from PSL went up to 400 mg weekly of EQ and 600 mg weekly of test E. I'll stay there for 2 weeks. I've also started loading injectable carnitine the way John Meadows does. I also received my last shipment from PSL to get me thru both shows. Lastly I was able to talk to an IFBB bodybuilding pro at posing last week. We have the same coach and I was able to get some good advice. I was also reassured my leg is barely noticeable unless you point it out. He also gave me his opinion on my physique which is always good to have someone give you an unbiased opinion. You need those people in prep who tell you to kick it into a higher gear.

View attachment 32813

This weekend I had a group workout with some of my clients and a prep friendly meal after. We decided to workout legs. Mainly because I'm in prep and that's what I usually do on Sundays. I find it a bit more difficult to push yourself in an unfamiliar gym. You have get a feel for the machines that you aren't use to. For instance after some seated leg curls to start we did hack squats for our first quad movement. This sked was probably the heaviest hack sled I've used before. So after a couple warm ups we got after it. Got 1 client to puke and the other was gassed after the first 3rd of the workout. It was great seeing these guys really strive for the intensity I feel is needed to progress. I hope they can apply that sane intensity to every workout moving forward. I know it took me too long to figure out what intense lifting really is. If I could have realized it a couple years ago I know I'd be further along in my physique goals. Currently I'm running PSL Test E at 600 mg weekly and EQ at 400 mg weekly. I'm also using 25 mcg daily of T3 and just started a 2 week clen cycle. Weight is at 236 lbs with 11 weeks to go. Will have check in tonight and will post progress pics with my next post.

IML Gear Cream!
I meant to bring in my log book so I could go over my metabolic stress focused back day. However I remember the lay out just not the exact weights. When I do a metabolic stress type workout I try to get in 1 heavy compound lift and then have everything else be focused on high reps, 15 or more.

Mag grip cable row 4 x 8-10
Super set
Neutral pull ups 4 x 12
Rope straight arm pull down 4 x 12

Hammeerstrength low row 4 x 12/12 (every set is basically a drop set)
Chest support bent over DB row 4 x 20
Stretchers 3 x 20
Lying rear delt machine 3 x 15
Seated rope face pulls 3 x 15

Pretty much after the 2nd exercise your back feels fully pumped and flared. I also get some good soreness. I've done a couple so my plan is to continue doing those exercises and progressing the weight in the high rep range. Progressive overload trumps all.

View attachment 32949
View attachment 32950

Starting to reach that point in prep were I'm constantly busy and always tired. It'd definitely something you have get use to. I wouldn't say my tank is on empty but most days it feels close. Currently the way I have my nutrition set up I don't eat much in the mornings. I feel that once I start eating I get even hungrier. Typically I get up at 5:30 am for morning cardio then I have a scoop of protein at 9 am, maybe some coffee then my first whole food meal around 11:30 am. I don't eat any carbs till my pre workout meal. I consume all 100 grams pre and post workout. Seems to be working as I haven't stalled in weight lost and my skip load is now at 14 hours. Currently I'm lifting 5 days, cardio 7 days at 70 mins per day, 600 mg weekly of test E, 400 mg weekly of EQ and added in 50 mg of Tren E every other day. I'm experimenting with this because I talked to some other competitors with top coaches where Tren is added at 10 weeks out. So I'm giving it a go at small doses. I also increased my astragalus amount and added in cabergoline twice a week.

Over the last 2 weeks I've been focusing on improving my push workouts. I felt that my triceps were taking to much of the load and I wasn't training as effective and efficiently as possible. As I've discussed before I now have a rotation for heavy days and metabolic stress days. On my heavy days I try to hit failure early in my first 2 exercises. Ideally the first or 2nd set would be failure then drop weight to stay in rep range. This is a totally new style of training for me but I feel that I've finally nailed it. I've had soreness in my chest I've not had before in recent memory and no triceps soreness. Now soreness or DOMS is not in direct correlation with growth but I feel it's a good indicator for productive workout. I'm excited to compete but also excited for the off season using this style of training.

I haven't updated recently because I've been dealing with digestion issues. Finally after talking with my coach I think I have it figured out but not sure if things are back to normal yet. As a warning using mucinex can cause constipation. I literally dropped 2 lbs of weight after using a laxative. I'm still unsure if there is any more blockage in there but I have increased my fiber intake. So my weight is very off. I've gotten leaner while the scale went up and not in a good way. This has caused a lot of stress and still may need to go see a doctor depending on the next couple of days. However I'm still doing my cardio, training, following nutrition and supplementation plan. Currently I'm running 100 mg of Test P, 100 mg of Tren E and 50 mg of Masteron every other day. Cardio is at 80 mins a day, training is 5 days a week and macros are now 300 grams protein, 100 grams carbs and 65 grams fat daily.

Things are getting back to normal. I'm getting over my digestion issues and weight is at a new low 228. Looking like I'll be a heavyweight again this year. Which I'm some what disappointed in because I wanted to make my way to super heavy but with an injury sidelining me for months I'm just happy I can still compete. Today I'm breaking away from my normal split to train with a client. I try not to do to many client sessions during a prep because weirdly I train more intensely by myself but I also love coaching. So the goal is to assess his form because he's getting some knee pain and to push myself as well. Also switching my skipload to Sunday for Easter so I can enjoy food with the family.

Just finished check ins with the coach and we kicking it up another notch. Cardio is going up from 80 mins daily to 90 mins daily. Carbs are going down from 100 to 50. I'm currently at a 16 hour skipload. Gear right now is 100 mg Tren E, 75 mg Masteron, and 75 mg test prop EOD from PSL. Due to the increase in cardio I'll probably drop off 1 or 2 sets max from my total volume for each lifting day so that I'm still having good recovery and staying strong on my working sets. Of course that could change, in the moment I might be feeling good and stay consistent in volume. Just going to try to listen to my body. Have 1 on 1 posing with an ifbb pro this week as well. Right now it's all about nose to the grind stone.

Things have been going pretty smoothly. I have been pretty busy as well. Doing my best to start eliminating some errands or things I'm doing on the weekend not to be lazy but I think I need some more actual sleep. This is where I'm having issues because I'm also trying to keep my non gym activity high but I also know I need to start taking a nap or 2 on the weekends. Currently checking with the coach to see what needs to be adjusted. Overall I feel good for 6 weeks out, there is still more work to be done but I'm ready for it.
View attachment 33465
View attachment 33466

This last week hasn't quite gone as planned, this post was meant for Friday but I had some terrible luck on Friday. Got wind damage to my vehicle and a really bad chest cold over the weekend. I started to get sick on Tuesday and ended up staying home on Wednesday of last week. I still got my cardio and workouts done but not in an intense fashion on the lifting. I'm trying to be smart and not dig myself into a hole. I keep remembering things I've heard multiple coach's say about prep. You won't be putting on almost any muscle, so the stimulus that is need for hypertrophy and the stimulus needed to maintain your current muscle is different. So lowering volume and lowering intensity when needed can help me focus on the main goal which is conditioning. Now it is hard because we always want to be adding muscle but you have to remind yourself that's what the off season is for. Prep is to show off what you built in the off season, no late minute growth spurts. Just grind and achieve the goal. Current gear from PSL Tren E 125 mg, Masteron 75 mg, test prop 50 mg each is EOD. 1/2 tab Aromasin daily.

This week has been going better. I wouldn't say I'm healthy but each day I'm getting better. I think I avoided the chest cold from turning into bronchitis. My workouts starting to go well again and still hitting some PR's. However I am content if I don't as long as my strength isn't dropping to much. This week we up cardio to 100 minutes total daily. My macros currently are 275 protein, 50 carbs and 55 fat. My skipload now begins with pre bed carbs on Friday then the whole day Saturday. I'm definitely ahead of where I usually am at around 4 weeks out but I'm pushing for conditioning I've never had so there's no time to ease up. Gotta keep pushing. Lastly I've noticed with my skipload I usually don't feel fully depleted till Wednesday or Thursday even though my weight drops almost daily. I'm liking what skiploading has done for me this prep.

Definitely feeling this week. I'm usually good till Thursday after my skipload but I'm feeling it already on Wednesday. We are pushing pretty hard right now. Cardio is at 100 mins daily and we just switched to carb cycling. One day we are at trace carbs and the other is 50 grams. I've also cut out testosterone. The reason for this is to try to pull off remaining fat. I got this theory from another coach that believes the last fat to come off is the most estrogenic fat. So having any kind of estrogen response from testosterone could hinder progress. It seems logical to me so I've used it since I learned about it. This year however I kept testosterone in till 4 weeks out. I usually cut it at 6 weeks out but I'm leaner this far out than I usually am so leaving it in made sense. Right now I'm running off PSL Masteron at 100 mg EOD and Tren Ace at 50 mg daily.

Back