• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Question about Bloodwork

hannamuscles

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys quick question!

So this may sound dumb but im 23 and ive actually never gotten bloodwork done before in my life. Never donated blood, never got blood drawn, ever. So im starting a cycle in a month and i plan to get pre-bloods, and 5 week in bloods. But im curious to know how exactly to talk to my doctor about testing for test levels? If im correct the basic bloodwork just shows hematocrit levels and such. So do i need to ask specifically from my doctor to make the blood tests show hormone levels? Also how would i come across doing that without making things obvious?

Thanks

Go to private md labs or labs md on the net bro. Itll cost you 100 or so to get your testosterone and estrogen. If you want a full work up order the male hormone panel on either one. Itll check your blood counts, liver, electrolytes..etc. pm me if you need some help

Don't even deal with your stupid ass doctor. Private MD labs for sure. It's not expensive either.

Don't even deal with your stupid ass doctor. Private MD labs for sure. It's not expensive either.
The thing is, the state that i live in prohibits private testing, so im stuck between a rock and a hard place yahknow? Im thinking about buying a fake ID for a state that allows it...not sure how that would blow over

I can tell you at your age most doctors will give you a crazy look if you ask about test levels. And even if you do talk them into it for prebloods youll never get them to do it again during or post.

I can tell you at your age most doctors will give you a crazy look if you ask about test levels. And even if you do talk them into it for prebloods youll never get them to do it again during or post.
Yea thats exactly what i was thinking, its one thing to tell them i feel like i have ED and go for a pre test, but then 6 weeks in i ask for another for would be shady. Should i just go blind into it? Since private labs arent available in my state?

Be honest with your doc and tell him exactly what you're doing! why is this a hard concept for people. I've had the same doc since i did my first cycle and back then i told him straight up what i was doing. I get bloods whenever i request a test and i get prescriptions for almost anything i could want or need on cycle.

honesty goes a long way folks

Tell your doc your lacking energy and you wanna make sure your E2 levels are in check and you need a complete female hormone panel. Do NOT ask for the male hormone panel. This will not check your Estradiol(E2) level. The female will check your E2 and your total and free test levels. It's just a much more complete panel for both sexes.

if you live in a state that doesn't allow it just go on the site and type in your address and a zip code from the next state over and go get the test done they wont check or ask for id

Just tell your doc what you want. You're paying him, he's not paying you. Remember who is working for who. Just tell him, i would like my hormone levels checked, if he asks why, say because " I want to know what they are" and when you want them again just say " i would like to see if my diet and training has affected my levels"

IML Gear Cream!
Yea i assume you guys are right, never real considered it that way. Ill probably just tell him i bought one of those "natural" test boosters from GNC and curious to see if it works or something hahaha

I just know I was feeling like crap. Told doc I heard commercial about low t and I at the age where levels start to drop. I said any way you can run bloods so I have a baseline for years to come. He looked at me and was like umm no.

I just know I was feeling like crap. Told doc I heard commercial about low t and I at the age where levels start to drop. I said any way you can run bloods so I have a baseline for years to come. He looked at me and was like umm no.
Your doctor denied bloodwork for you? Thats rather odd

Just tell him you want a full hormone panel done.

If he asks why say because I want to see my hormone levels. If he refuses tell him you will find a new Dr.

Very simple.

Just tell him you want a full hormone panel done.

If he asks why say because I want to see my hormone levels. If he refuses tell him you will find a new Dr.

Very simple.

Honestly just going to do that. I dont know why i always have this fear of like speaking to my doctor with demands, i guess its programmed in. Sometimes i forget he's the one working for me

Honestly just going to do that. I dont know why i always have this fear of like speaking to my doctor with demands, i guess its programmed in. Sometimes i forget he's the one working for me
Yep.

95% of people are scared to request things from their Dr or question them. It's this thing where we think the Dr knows everything but honestly, they just do what the computer they are typing into says.

If you can find a dr who isn't head first into a computer and will actually talk to you and have a conversation, keep going there lol.

Yep.

95% of people are scared to request things from their Dr or question them. It's this thing where we think the Dr knows everything but honestly, they just do what the computer they are typing into says.

If you can find a dr who isn't head first into a computer and will actually talk to you and have a conversation, keep going there lol.
precisely why medical malpractice is the #3 killer right now

what state doesnt allow private labs?

You CAN do this game to get your bloodwork, and trying to get E2 measured to boot which most docs will skip because "it's not necessary" and your opinions won't matter much in the face of their medical education, and you CAN do the doc shopping dance and maybe get lucky like a few members here have, but this is going to be a lot of time and aggravation. Not much help if you want those labs anytime soon.

You'll be much happier just getting the female hormone panel yourself. $57 (w/ coupon) from privatemdlabs, or $73 from labsmd which is what you'll want on-cycle due to mass spec T assay. No BS with a doc second-guessing your lab needs, how often, withholding results, requiring a visit (and co-pay) to see em, etc etc etc.

Instead, you order the labs (takes 5 mins), get the requisition papers inside of a day, visit a lab that day or the next, and get your results either in a day or two ($57 panel) or in about 5 days ($73 mass spec panel). The full results in pdf form in your email, no bullshit, no doc visit scheduling or trying to finagle results over the phone.

Just do the zip code trick as already mentioned. It's worked for at least a couple people here. Real billing address but using zip code in the neighboring state -- e.g. you live in NYC, you pick a lab over in Greenwich or Stamford CT, use that lab in the order, use their zip in the billing, and you're golden. It's a little hassle to travel there but probably easier than the doc hassle.

You CAN do this game to get your bloodwork, and trying to get E2 measured to boot which most docs will skip because "it's not necessary" and your opinions won't matter much in the face of their medical education, and you CAN do the doc shopping dance and maybe get lucky like a few members here have, but this is going to be a lot of time and aggravation. Not much help if you want those labs anytime soon.

You'll be much happier just getting the female hormone panel yourself. $57 (w/ coupon) from privatemdlabs, or $73 from labsmd which is what you'll want on-cycle due to mass spec T assay. No BS with a doc second-guessing your lab needs, how often, withholding results, requiring a visit (and co-pay) to see em, etc etc etc.

Instead, you order the labs (takes 5 mins), get the requisition papers inside of a day, visit a lab that day or the next, and get your results either in a day or two ($57 panel) or in about 5 days ($73 mass spec panel). The full results in pdf form in your email, no bullshit, no doc visit scheduling or trying to finagle results over the phone.

Just do the zip code trick as already mentioned. It's worked for at least a couple people here. Real billing address but using zip code in the neighboring state -- e.g. you live in NYC, you pick a lab over in Greenwich or Stamford CT, use that lab in the order, use their zip in the billing, and you're golden. It's a little hassle to travel there but probably easier than the doc hassle.

wait sorry could you go into more detail about the zip code trick? Might actually try this but i didnt really follow the exact steps at which you explained

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a few east coast states

Get Shredded!
Be honest with your doc and tell him exactly what you're doing!

honesty goes a long way folks

Honesty may go longer than you think.

If you have a "relationship" with your Dr. This may be true and is a good thing. If you don't, everything you say to him and his interpretation of that will go into your medical records. Know that you can and most likely will be declined if it states you are injecting yourself with UGL steroids.

Something to keep in mind.

LowT

Honesty may go longer than you think.

If you have a "relationship" with your Dr. This may be true and is a good thing. If you don't, everything you say to him and his interpretation of that will go into your medical records. Know that you can and most likely will be declined if it states you are injecting yourself with UGL steroids.

Something to keep in mind.

LowT

Hows, "I want to observe how my hormone levels react due to strenuous dieting and physical exercise." sound?

Hows, "I want to observe how my hormone levels react due to strenuous dieting and physical exercise." sound?

Just stick to....1) your concerned about your hormone levels. 2) your tired all the time 3) have no energy and feel lethargic.

Im sure others will chime in with some good info. However, I'm telling you this based on my personal experience. I have declined several people who have self medicated, used testosterone "on their own", steroids, both pro athletes and members just like on this board.

LowT

wait sorry could you go into more detail about the zip code trick? Might actually try this but i didnt really follow the exact steps at which you explained

When you select a test(s) and click checkout, it asks you to pick a lab location. In my case I pick one in Philadelphia, PA. Then it takes you to Checkout and asks your Name, Patient Street Address, Patient State and Patient ZIP.

I enter everything correctly EXCEPT I select PA as the state and I use the ZIP of the lab I'm using in PA. In an earlier thread I said I still entered my home state (NJ) and only changed the ZIP to the lab location. That was incorrect. You MUST pick another state because NJ is not in the dropdown (neither is NY, MA, MD or RI). So to reiterate I enter everything correctly except the state and ZIP.

This should work, but the only caveat is what your CC company looks for to verify name and address. Mine, which is one of largest banks in the country, must not look at state or ZIP, only name and street address. At any rate, it's worth a try. The worst that can happen is it rejects you, nothing will be charged to your CC. I have done this many, many times with both LabsMD and Private Labs MD, just did it last week as a matter of fact.

Note: I have never been asked for ID, I assume because the test has already been paid for third party, and they bill LabsMd directly.

The exact verbiage.... Due to state laws, we cannot provide services for RESIDENTS of or in the states of NY, NJ, MA, MD or RI.

Last edited:
When you select a test(s) and click checkout, it asks you to pick a lab location. In my case I pick one in Philadelphia, PA. Then it takes you to Checkout and asks your Name, Patient Street Address, Patient State and Patient ZIP.

I enter everything correctly EXCEPT I select PA as the state and I use the ZIP of the lab I'm using in PA. In an earlier thread I said I still entered my home state (NJ) and only changed the ZIP to the lab location. That was incorrect. You MUST pick another state because NJ is not in the dropdown (neither is NY, MA, MD or RI). So to reiterate I enter everything correctly except the state and ZIP.

This should work, but the only caveat is what your CC company looks for to verify name and address. Mine, which is one of largest banks in the country, must not look at state or ZIP, only name and street address. At any rate, it's worth a try. The worst that can happen is it rejects you, nothing will be charged to your CC. I have done this many, many times with both LabsMD and Private Labs MD, just did it last week as a matter of fact.

Note: I have never been asked for ID, I assume because the test has already been paid for third party, and they bill LabsMd directly.

The exact verbiage.... Due to state laws, we cannot provide services for RESIDENTS of or in the states of NY, NJ, MA, MD or RI.

Alright awesome thanks for the detail, im going to do what you said, but im going to try it with a prepaid online visa that way its not bound to any specific state!

Alright awesome thanks for the detail, im going to do what you said, but im going to try it with a prepaid online visa that way its not bound to any specific state!
That should work for sure. Let us know how you make out.

So this may sound dumb but im 23 and ive actually never gotten bloodwork done before in my life. Never donated blood, never got blood drawn, ever. So im starting a cycle in a month and i plan to get pre-bloods, and 5 week in bloods.
You are to be commended at such a young age to be responsible for your own health. Many way older still don't bother with simple blood testing to see how AAS affects their bodies. Bravo young man. :clapping:

That should work for sure. Let us know how you make out.

You are to be commended at such a young age to be responsible for your own health. Many way older still don't bother with simple blood testing to see how AAS affects their bodies. Bravo young man. :clapping:

Haha thanks man, i feel though that BECAUSE i'm this age i should be more obligated to pay more attention to my body, as if i fuck up now this early it could affect a larger portion of my life than if i fucked up at like 40.

Back