• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Few questions

Daddy-o

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I'm 47 yrs old. Hadn't been to dr in forever. Wife hounding me so I gave in for checkup. I felt like my test level was probably low. Took all the online quizzes and they all said I was low. I attributed symptoms on my lifestyle. Work 12 hr night shifts. Stress. Kids. Normal things that we deal with.Talked to the Dr about symptoms and she had labs done. They didn't look that bad but she thought I could benefit from weekly testosterone injections. Told me to give it a try. She wanted to get my test level up to around 900. She put me on 100mg q weekly of test cyponate. She also added weekly injections of trilicity to help me with some of the belly weight. I don't go back until August for next appt with labs. I have been lifting again for over a hr. I would like to do a run of testosterone. My question is how long will it take me to get back to pre cycle levels. Would like to be at my normal when I go back? Do I have time for a cycle? I really don't want to piss the Dr off. She's been good to me. Insurance pays for all but copay at office and she got the insurance to pay for most of the testosterone cyponate. Only cost me 10 dollars q month for it. I dont plan on pct, I was just gonna go back to my 100mg q weekly.

My pre trt labs

test level 489
Free Test 5.82
Dehydroepiandrosterone 342
Estradiol 28.2
Human sex hormone binding globulin 73
Insulin-like Growth factor 1 67

thanks in advance

Absolutely could run test prop for 8 weeks. Can do all of May and June with even part of July. Also, when in August? Late or early part.

Test prop will clear the system pretty fast. So go with short ester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is plenty of time to get your test levels back in range, but you need to set up your blood donations now. At 47, running a cycle is going to increase your hematocrit. Donating blood as soon as possible (every 56 days) might keep it in range. Otherwise, your doctor is going to see the increased hematocrit and reduce your dose or stop it altogether.

Lots of good info around here. That pre number does look bad at all for your age. What about maybe just following docs orders for a while? What can it hurt? This will give you time to advance in the gym and drop some lbs. Go back for your labs and then run your cycle.

Lots of good info around here. That pre number does look bad at all for your age. What about maybe just following docs orders for a while? What can it hurt? This will give you time to advance in the gym and drop some lbs. Go back for your labs and then run your cycle.

This is a good point. Would allow you to put some hard work into the gym. And with what the doc gave you, your recovery will be improved. You won't get huge or anything but your body will recover like when you were younger.

Shit, I can't edit but my post should have said. " those numbers DON'T look bad for your age." Freaking phone.

I don't know your history. Cycles you have done. Body fat. Exercise history. Diet. etc. But 489 for a guy your age is a solid number. You will likely be throwing that away.

What your doctor didn't tell you is that if go on trt for any length of time you will have made a life time commitment. At your age you will shut yourself down and never recover.

I was 45 when i made this decision. I ran a cycle too long and never recovered. Now i have constantly thick blood and worry about the risk of stroke or heart attack, routine blood work, phlebotomys every 60 days, constant battles with my estrogen level. At even 650 total test my estrogen goes out of range. Your estrogen number seems high to start and elevating your test level will probably elevate this out of range as does bodyfat. I take acne meds routinely because at 47 i still get pimples. I'm forced to basically cruise at all times because my blood thickens. I live under threat of having treatment withheld if my hct or rbc reaches 55 or 18, respectively. Which both did recently and now i'm waiting to get yet more blood work next week to see if i can stay on. Probability is high that if you blast your blood will thicken rapidly at our age. Also your hdl will be crushed.

The only way this is going to worth it is if you have a life long commitment to weight training. I know what your going thru. I know what your thinking. I know what your going to decide. I did the same thing your going to do. I just want you to know the dangers so you can make an informed decision. Hope that helps.

Back