Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRT help please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jmart87 View Post
    I've been on Trt for 8 weeks now at 50mg every two weeks and I have a checkup soon. My doc says levels are normal but don't feel any different. Low energy,lethargy, and low libido. I've been dieting and have slowly dropped weight due to good nutrition and training. My question is what should I be looking for in my blood work besides free and totals test?

Thanks
    Doctor says levels are normal, what were your levels?

You have dropped weight, what do you weigh now?

50mg every two weeks is not much at all. I take 150mg once a week. You're shutting down whatever natural test your making, and replacing it with a very low amount at a long interval. I think a 100mg a week is standard. You need to be injecting at least once a week, if not two times a week to even out your levels and stop the roller coaster effect.

You need to have your estrogen levels (E2) checked also. I'm not sure what else you need to be looking for, other than maybe a new doctor. Or take matters into your own hands and start buying from a source on this board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

My initial levels were 187 and did another blood test to make sure about 2 months later it was 234. Got blood work done last week and received a letter this week saying my levels came back normal but didn't give me a number. About 6 wks ago I was 212-214 and now I'm hovering around 200lbs. I'm trying my hardest to cut cz I know my hormones aren't optimal so trying to build any muscle mass and extra calories will not be in my favor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

yep, waaaay to low of a dose, probably keeping you crashed. You should be on 100mg a week to start and tweak from there.
    Ex Elite Mod for over 10 years @ EF, banned with no explanation.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

So doctors appointment was today. Test levels at 191ng/dl and he increased the dose to 50mg weekly of test C. He is being cautious to make sure Psa levels and RBCs don't increase from test. I won't have to see him until 10 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jmart87 View Post
    So doctors appointment was today. Test levels at 191ng/dl and he increased the dose to 50mg weekly of test C. He is being cautious to make sure Psa levels and RBCs don't increase from test. I won't have to see him until 10 weeks.
    50mg a week is still to low in my opinion for you to feel much improvement. If the doctor wants to take a slow cautious approach that's fine, but I would be telling him my quality of life is suffering and if he has no plans on getting me better in the next three months I'll look for someone else, or self medicate. See how it goes, but I wouldn't be waiting 10 weeks for him to get numbers that will be low again. Good Luck

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Rep Points

if your test is low and you have to stick yourself with a needle why inject only enough to replace what you already produce. stick a little more in that needle and get your level up to what a teenage male should be and get that benefit of feeling good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I feel ten weeks at a higher dose is not enough time before I have to do blood work and not test with high levels. Any opinions?