• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Any one finish concrete and workout?

Gainz4dayz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys I'm needing some advice from some people that may be in the same boat as me. I've been lifting for about 2 years strait not counting during high school. I'm 3 years out of school and have been doing concrete work for my dads small business. I've started struggling here lately since the business is growing and that means I'm having to work my ass off all day. Most days I hardly make it to the gym because I'm completely exhausted.i try to go workout atleast 4 days a week. I eat everything I can get my hands on at work since I'm constantly burning calories from lifting heavy crap and constantly having my heart rate up. Some days I work 12 hours and some are around 10. I can't seem to get enough rest since I'm having to get up at 5:00 every morning and getting home around 4ish to 6. I've made some pretty good gains in the past year with the help of 2 cycles . I'm just always burnt out and have got to the point where I only go on easy days that arnt so exhausting. I just need some advise from guys that are in the construction business because it's becoming very hard on me.

Hey guys I'm needing some advice from some people that may be in the same boat as me. I've been lifting for about 2 years strait not counting during high school. I'm 3 years out of school and have been doing concrete work for my dads small business. I've started struggling here lately since the business is growing and that means I'm having to work my ass off all day. Most days I hardly make it to the gym because I'm completely exhausted.i try to go workout atleast 4 days a week. I eat everything I can get my hands on at work since I'm constantly burning calories from lifting heavy crap and constantly having my heart rate up. Some days I work 12 hours and some are around 10. I can't seem to get enough rest since I'm having to get up at 5:00 every morning and getting home around 4ish to 6. I've made some pretty good gains in the past year with the help of 2 cycles . I'm just always burnt out and have got to the point where I only go on easy days that arnt so exhausting. I just need some advise from guys that are in the construction business because it's becoming very hard on me.

Having a well planned out diet will help you a ton. Also, mrs. Robinsons hubby rockhardmason does this everyday of his life.. Hopefully one of them will chime in with some info.

Go to gym before work
Lighter days hit gym immediatly
Get some pwo
TNE/Epha
TNE/Tren Base
Epha
I was doing framing for along time and did bridge building , I know what ur feeling
Suck it up and drive on
Get smarter , get stronger

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a tough one. Looks like my latest batch of Tren Pellets is not on your menu. You need all the energy and oxygen you can muster. GW 501516 might be right up your alley.

Did it all through college, and did course work at night. Then gym after classes.

It definitely wasn't easy, and I couldn't hold on to as much size as I can now. I just had to plan my meals better and always have my cooler close by. I also used a lot of homemade gainer shakes, and would even mix up chicken and rice meals so I could chug them quickly ad get back to work. You just have to want it.

Also, TONS of water. On those 100+ degree days working in the sun you would be surprised how much you need. I would always notice it later when I got to the gym if I didnt drink 2+gallons or more a day. Cramping up during the workouts, low strength, etc..

I work a very hot physically demanding job. It involves putting ac unit's in 120 degree plus attics. I eat like you what ever i can get my hands on through the day. Which is usually huge peanut butter sandwiches. As far as the fatigue after a 10hr day or more i come home take a shower then a quick power nap. Its fuckin tuff man its something I've become a custom to now. So basically my life consists of work then gym then bed repeat

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Go to gym before work
Lighter days hit gym immediatly
Get some pwo
TNE/Epha
TNE/Tren Base
Epha
I was doing framing for along time and did bridge building , I know what ur feeling
Suck it up and drive on
Get smarter , get stronger

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I hit the iron pile before work 4:30am. About 5min drive.I have to be at work at 7:00am. 15min drive. I do precast concrete. It involves more form setting,bar tying,half assed carpentry & machine operating than concrete finishing. We are outside no shade or covering at all, in the elements bro daily! I've been doing morning workouts for around 8yrs now & it works for me I've always been a morning person so no prob there. I eat a greek yogurt as soon as I wake up. I use pre workout drink all the time & tne & tren base off & on but when I really need a boost, amazing! But I don't depend on it to much. Try to work out before work it might help. Hang in there, you'll find a way to get it done.

That's how I feel sometimes. I just can't ever feel refreshed when I wake up. I get around 7 hours of sleep a night Wich probably isn't enough because I'm tired all day. I can't take preworkout because then I'd probably get like 3 hours of sleep lol

Thanks I may have to try that if my dad will let us be at work later. I just have to find something that's going to work

That's how I feel sometimes. I just can't ever feel refreshed when I wake up. I get around 7 hours of sleep a night Wich probably isn't enough because I'm tired all day. I can't take preworkout because then I'd probably get like 3 hours of sleep lol

Not if you work out in the morning. You'll be ready to go to sleep by 8:00pm trust me.

IML Gear Cream!
I work a very hot physically demanding job. It involves putting ac unit's in 120 degree plus attics. I eat like you what ever i can get my hands on through the day. Which is usually huge peanut butter sandwiches. As far as the fatigue after a 10hr day or more i come home take a shower then a quick power nap. Its fuckin tuff man its something I've become a custom to now. So basically my life consists of work then gym then bed repeat

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

God damn it John, That's no life!!

Ya just play around with the schedule to find what works.

I frame houses man. I mean big 11,000 sq foot ones, lol. A lot of LVL's and running around for 9 hours. Up at 5am and at the job by 6:30 with tools unwrapped amd ready to go. 15 min coffee break where i stuff a solid meal in and then a 30 min lunch. In my truck at 4:30 and an hour ride home :/ But ive learned to use that hour for me and getting ready for the gym. Its almost a time i look forward to... At home i have 3 kids from 9 y/o to a 5 y/o and a 4 year old and my house is just as fucking crazy as a job site lol.

But i hear what you mean and i know there is a difference between having a summer job and doing tbis full time, year round and year after year... Its tiring. All it takes is 1 or 2 nights to not get good sleep and your bodies playing catch-up for two weeks and dragging ass. Running around burning thousands of calories a day just so you cam cram enough food in to maintain is a struggle lol. The struggle is real and alivr my friend with alot of bros here.

This the life we picked lol. We want to be in shape andlook good run gear but we have obligations and careers... Money on the table at the end of the week. Keep at it and find a way brother...

About 1ml of Dbol/M1t and a small coffee always helps as well ;)

I used to work new construction, I got up early and trained in the morning before work... That was the only way I could keep weight on... I also would by and mix gatorade by the pouch, drink it all day long... If you;re like me, I had a hard time eating when it was really hot so fruit and gatorade was my thing, I ate big after I trained and big at night... snacked all day on fruit, gatorade and water.. funny part is I thought it was a great life until I made a career change, thats the best thing I ever did for myself physically anyway.

Made respect if you get it done. I've done concrete and after I felt like straight dying. The labor plus 100 degree weather is a bitch!

Good luck man!

How have you got your programming set up right now?

You need to set up a program that focus's on simple linear progression that is periodised around your own personal recovery capabilities. Knowing the maximum amount of frequency/volume and intensity you can handle and still progress under your lifestyle is importang.

Well I go on days I don't feel wore out after work and on sat and Sunday. I try to get atleast 4 days in a week

Having a well planned out diet will help you a ton. Also, mrs. Robinsons hubby rockhardmason does this everyday of his life.. Hopefully one of them will chime in with some info.

Hubbys already gone to work so I'll answer for him ;) He's been a stone mason for 25 years, the biggest issue is ALWAYS getting enough to eat :( especially during the summer since it regularly stays over 100 degrees here. He will regularly drop 20-40 lbs in the summer months, so eat, EVERY chance you get. I spend Sunday cooking and make sure he has a cooler packed with food everyday. Good, healthy calories helps rather than running to a roach coach or drive thru. There are peptides that can help with appetite if that's a problem. And like the guys are saying, LOTS of water. He tries to get to the gym in the morning, but that's not always possible if there's a commute involved, he goes right after work and PWO have never been a problem. Good news is, you probably wont have any trouble keeping off body fat :winkfinger:

Hubbys already gone to work so I'll answer for him ;) He's been a stone mason for 25 years, the biggest issue is ALWAYS getting enough to eat :( especially during the summer since it regularly stays over 100 degrees here. He will regularly drop 20-40 lbs in the summer months, so eat, EVERY chance you get. I spend Sunday cooking and make sure he has a cooler packed with food everyday. Good, healthy calories helps rather than running to a roach coach or drive thru. There are peptides that can help with appetite if that's a problem. And like the guys are saying, LOTS of water. He tries to get to the gym in the morning, but that's not always possible if there's a commute involved, he goes right after work and PWO have never been a problem. Good news is, you probably wont have any trouble keeping off body fat :winkfinger:

there is a lot of difference between concrete work and masonry work. Two totally different animals.

My days at work are different every day. we put in swimming pools from start to finish. We may form up a job one day varied from pool decks to huge slabs, driveways,patios, pretty much every kind of concrete work from small to large jobs. And we finish the concrete too. So everyday is different . I bring my food to work which includes breakfast oatmeal and 4 boiled eggs and 3 pb&j to snack on through the day then my lunch is usually grilled chicken and with rice.

Get Shredded!
My days at work are different every day. we put in swimming pools from start to finish. We may form up a job one day varied from pool decks to huge slabs, driveways,patios, pretty much every kind of concrete work from small to large jobs. And we finish the concrete too. So everyday is different . I bring my food to work which includes breakfast oatmeal and 4 boiled eggs and 3 pb&j to snack on through the day then my lunch is usually grilled chicken and with rice.

I am all to familiar with it brother, do you guys actually shoot the gunite? House slabs can be tough, especially forming the post tension ones. There is a lot of digging regardless dependent on the footers and location of walls. driveways are usually pretty easy as are sidewalks. Curb and gutter has always sucked, I hated pushing that mule, also finished stencil work.

there is a lot of difference between concrete work and masonry work. Two totally different animals.

Yeah, Masonry is way harder on the body, And ? If hubs can haul hundreds of block around every day at 43 and still get to the gym, so can this young man :winkfinger: just depends on how bad he wants it

I wouldn't say that it's harder on the body. i mean I know I can do it I'm just needing some advice from guys that may have the same type of job

I wouldn't say that it's harder on the body. i mean I know I can do it I'm just needing some advice from guys that may have the same type of job

It really doesn't matter if your a concrete mason or a brick, block, and stone mason, I'm both, and its all just hard thankless work. I've also framed houses and built underground concrete structures, and work every bit as hard as in masonry.
Mrs. R and others are right, eat as much as you can when you can. In summer I can't eat during the day, it makes me sick so I pound food at night, not ideal but its what I have to do. Dehydration is a huge energy depleter for me, drink as much water as you can.
The only other advise I can give is, don't stop till your done. If I go home and rest after work there's a good chance I won't go to gym. I go straight from work like its just my next job.. Your young, you can do it!
Remember...if its important enough, you'll find a way, if its not, you'll find an excuse.:winkfinger:

all you need is 3 days a week at the gym. so sat and sun and then 1 mid day during the week like a wed

upper body split 2 days and 1 leg day .

Only real answer hear is suck it up man, I dont mean that to be an A-hole either. I work from 5:30 to 5 everyday crawling around building ships, its hot nasty and uncomfortable all day. It is what it is, i fall off from time to time trying to keep my schedule since i have a you g child at home as well to worry about but when you do dont get down just refocus and get back at it.

At your age it will be good to build this mental toughness early, you will need it for a lifetime. Dont get lazy.

It really doesn't matter if your a concrete mason or a brick, block, and stone mason, I'm both, and its all just hard thankless work. I've also framed houses and built underground concrete structures, and work every bit as hard as in masonry.
Mrs. R and others are right, eat as much as you can when you can. In summer I can't eat during the day, it makes me sick so I pound food at night, not ideal but its what I have to do. Dehydration is a huge energy depleter for me, drink as much water as you can.
The only other advise I can give is, don't stop till your done. If I go home and rest after work there's a good chance I won't go to gym. I go straight from work like its just my next job.. Your young, you can do it!
Remember...if its important enough, you'll find a way, if its not, you'll find an excuse.:winkfinger:
Very well put.

yes.
Monday ... chest and back
tue.... legs
wed off
thurs.. shoulders and arms
fri . off
sat.. off
su .. off

wow...that's a lot of off time, do you feel that is enough volume? I have seen some of your pics and you look great. do you do cardio on the off days?

do you feel that the extra days off help with muscle growth? obviously it helps with recovery.

essentially you are only working each body part once every 7 days.

Back