• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Got my truck back yesterday, going back to the shop in the morning!

Flowhand1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
As if having my truck for 3 months wasn't enough...

got or a new engine put in my 2008 f450 king ranch..get it the other day, drive around, back to work..go outside from the gym in the morning and BAM!!! Huge fucking oil puddle, I put less than 100 miles on the new engine lol FML!

the guy that owns the shop about shit a brick when I called him, he said bring it in ASAP so he can replace the turbo drain seal that got crushed on the install..just when I was happy to have my truck back lol wife is not happy about me using her truck to work in the field with

what has your experience been with getting new engines/transmission/etc... I wanna hear other people's shit luck stories lol if it all ran fine I don't wanna hear it

So this guy knew that they fucked up a seal and let you leave with a fucked up truck ,I would be pissed.

I guess it didn't start leaking until I drove it and got it up to operating temps..he didn't know it had a bad seal, that's just the only place they leak at like that, but yea they had the truck an extra 10 days after the engine swap was complete and drove 150 miles with it...should have noticed something ya know

I had a couple of 7.3's but it seems like ford couldn't get their head out of their ass from 04-present So I switched to Chevys. I have a couple buddies that have had the whole tops replaced because of blown head gaskets multiple times. Multiple trucks. Mind you they have programmers exhaust etc .Those twin turbos make more power but that won't do you any good at the shop . My Chevys have 100k plus and one needs a transmission line fixed under recall. Other than batteries that's about all I have done. One is stock one has efi live , 5" and all deletes . I want a ford to me they are a better looking truck but that pull the cab to fix stuff was the turn off.

As a tech/service writer I fucking hate shit like that. Nothing makes you more sick to your stomach than seeing a customer come back after dropping a couple grand to fix a problem.

Things happen, we're human. I got yelled at yesterday because a customer had to drop 2k in an oil/egr cooler on a 6.0 that was done up north 14 months ago. I didn't do it but he felt like it was my fault anyway. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife had an 08 f250 jacked up with 37's, tuned, all deletes, finally fucked off the egr cooler while driving and messed the engine up a bit lol. Hers had 225k miles, and countless passes down the drag strip (13.7 with the lift and tires) so I bought me an 08 f450 that was bone stock, had like 65k miles ish when I got it. Ran perfectly fucking fine until I was coming back from Texas to Okc..middle of no where I had a front left tire explode...ripples the fender completely off, door was fucked, running board, 5400 in body damage...put a spare on and the steering is completely fucked, 55mph and I'm like 350 miles from the house, long trip home!

Got 6 new tires(19.5 tires are real cheap) took it to a shop where insurance was supposed to pay for tie rods and stuff, fuckkkk me those are not covered by my fat fucking insurance adjuster..extra 1300 out of pocket, plus the tires, so I leave the front end shop...crazy loud metal on metal screamin sound, high pressure turbo is shot, limp it home, tear it apart.. Find some turbos down the road from the in laws place, trade the guy a mint Winchester rifle, and my competition shooting .45 and he gives me turbos and 300 bucks. Put em on, drive 200 miles and the exhaust turbine snaps off the fucking shaft on the high pressure turbo, burns the seals up, oil pours down my intercooler and through my engine to my shitty exhaust dpf..

So so I rebuild my first set that took a dump, fire it up, and my exhaust filter is completely clogged so im driving around like 35 miles and park it, seemed long enough. Leave the house and head to pick up my camper to go on a job, get 15 miles from the house it sounds like my 6.4 is about to have a high speed come apart with a bag of hammers in it, being in regen so long from the dpf being clogged, burned my egr cooler the fuck up, sent water into engine, bent a rod damn near around the crank..

all of of this was with a completely stock truck, even stock air filter.

The he wifes had 225k miles when it took a dump but had around 130k ish when er bought it, basically 100k with a tuner turned all the way up

I got home from the blowout ordeal on Valentine's Day 2015, I put less than 300 miles on my truck after that up until the day I got it back like Monday or Tuesday this week.

So so yea I'm a little more than pissed having spent 13,800 for an engine with 80k miles to be put in and the bitch is pouring oil out...

next time one I will buy something brand new with 1 or 2 miles on it with all the extra warranty I can get lol fucking diesels suck a fat black cock, and doing what I do I need one, lots of time driving up and down lease roads, idling, towing a 5th wheel..yea it does get rough being an f450 lol its like driving a rigid frame chopper down a shitty road all the time, and don't let anyone tell you the real saddle leather king ranch seats are comfortable, it's like sitting on a metal chair with a thin piece of leather around it.

I woukd love love a dirty max, 2011 and up with the lml would be ideal for sure. The Denali duramaxes are real nice too

I have a few buddies with the 2015 power strokes and they both got them deleted and tuned, both of them love their trucks and don't have a single problem out of them. Both of them deleted them cuz they idle a lot and keep clogging filters, sometimes we can't just leave to drive and clean it out

i will probly limp this truck around until the 2017 f250 comes out and get a brand new one

I know a dude that tows his small excavators and bobcats every single day with his f450s 7.3 diesels. Both trucks are over 300k. Neither has ever had a serious overhaul. One looks like it's returning to the earth from rust but I bet the frames snap before the engines go.

My wife had an 08 f250 jacked up with 37's, tuned, all deletes, finally fucked off the egr cooler while driving and messed the engine up a bit lol. Hers had 225k miles, and countless passes down the drag strip (13.7 with the lift and tires) so I bought me an 08 f450 that was bone stock, had like 65k miles ish when I got it. Ran perfectly fucking fine until I was coming back from Texas to Okc..middle of no where I had a front left tire explode...ripples the fender completely off, door was fucked, running board, 5400 in body damage...put a spare on and the steering is completely fucked, 55mph and I'm like 350 miles from the house, long trip home!

Got 6 new tires(19.5 tires are real cheap) took it to a shop where insurance was supposed to pay for tie rods and stuff, fuckkkk me those are not covered by my fat fucking insurance adjuster..extra 1300 out of pocket, plus the tires, so I leave the front end shop...crazy loud metal on metal screamin sound, high pressure turbo is shot, limp it home, tear it apart.. Find some turbos down the road from the in laws place, trade the guy a mint Winchester rifle, and my competition shooting .45 and he gives me turbos and 300 bucks. Put em on, drive 200 miles and the exhaust turbine snaps off the fucking shaft on the high pressure turbo, burns the seals up, oil pours down my intercooler and through my engine to my shitty exhaust dpf..

So so I rebuild my first set that took a dump, fire it up, and my exhaust filter is completely clogged so im driving around like 35 miles and park it, seemed long enough. Leave the house and head to pick up my camper to go on a job, get 15 miles from the house it sounds like my 6.4 is about to have a high speed come apart with a bag of hammers in it, being in regen so long from the dpf being clogged, burned my egr cooler the fuck up, sent water into engine, bent a rod damn near around the crank..

all of of this was with a completely stock truck, even stock air filter.

The he wifes had 225k miles when it took a dump but had around 130k ish when er bought it, basically 100k with a tuner turned all the way up

I got home from the blowout ordeal on Valentine's Day 2015, I put less than 300 miles on my truck after that up until the day I got it back like Monday or Tuesday this week.

So so yea I'm a little more than pissed having spent 13,800 for an engine with 80k miles to be put in and the bitch is pouring oil out...

next time one I will buy something brand new with 1 or 2 miles on it with all the extra warranty I can get lol fucking diesels suck a fat black cock, and doing what I do I need one, lots of time driving up and down lease roads, idling, towing a 5th wheel..yea it does get rough being an f450 lol its like driving a rigid frame chopper down a shitty road all the time, and don't let anyone tell you the real saddle leather king ranch seats are comfortable, it's like sitting on a metal chair with a thin piece of leather around it.

I woukd love love a dirty max, 2011 and up with the lml would be ideal for sure. The Denali duramaxes are real nice too

I have a few buddies with the 2015 power strokes and they both got them deleted and tuned, both of them love their trucks and don't have a single problem out of them. Both of them deleted them cuz they idle a lot and keep clogging filters, sometimes we can't just leave to drive and clean it out

i will probly limp this truck around until the 2017 f250 comes out and get a brand new one
Damn dude sounds like my die hard ford buddies. I have a buddy with a 13 Duramax Denali , it's been deleted and tuned and it's sweet. Mine is an 08 so a little easier to work on. Down pipe to 5" with a muffler . EGR Blocker plate (2 ten mm bolts and was the hardest part) and like I said the rest of the bypasses and deletes . The down pipe changed the tone . The factory is flat in the middle this one you could see through . S&B intake . EFI live from stock 40 , 60 (tow tune) 80 and 120 tune .

A piece of tin, some rotten board, a splash of paint and there's your ford.

Did anybody else get wood when Sheri started talking about powerstrokes. Repped

Did anybody else get wood when Sheri started talking about powerstrokes. Repped
I doubt the homosexual's in here did...

I definitely got aroused..

sent FROM HELL

Damn dude sounds like my die hard ford buddies. I have a buddy with a 13 Duramax Denali , it's been deleted and tuned and it's sweet. Mine is an 08 so a little easier to work on. Down pipe to 5" with a muffler . EGR Blocker plate (2 ten mm bolts and was the hardest part) and like I said the rest of the bypasses and deletes . The down pipe changed the tone . The factory is flat in the middle this one you could see through . S&B intake . EFI live from stock 40 , 60 (tow tune) 80 and 120 tune .

I have an '05 Chevy Duramax as well. Same exhaust setup as you.. Edge II chip and fabricated dash control panel for it..electric brake controller.. 6" lift and 37" tires.. I bought it pre-modded though so I am not as in depth with the specifics of it all.

Great truck though, I've owned it since 70k miles (140k now) and haven't had to do anything other than general maintenance. It gets hard miles too, pulling race trailers, deep snow and mud drives. The whole nine.

Prior to the Chevy, I had a 2000 7.3 E450 Ford transit bus that I converted into a toy hauler/poor mans RV. The seats all folded into the walls and I extended the handicapped lift to allow bikes to be brought in, and then had 3 strapless axle mounts for my race/street/pit bike. That vehicle cost me more god damned money in maintenance than anything I have ever owned. Bought it right at 150k miles, and after 30k miles I had put 2x what I paid for it into it.

Back