Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Paris Attacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Simply make a "solution" for the sake of making something solves nothing. Like I said, it only hurts the law-abiding.
    What hurts the law abiding? What did we talk about that hurts them? That was a very general statement that I don't even know where to apply

Using your definition any rifle is an assault rifle.
    The way I described my definition is easy to understand. I know you know what I mean by it. What is necessary for hunting? What do you need an AR for? I have thought about that and cannot find a good answer.

Your solution is more scrutiny for purchasers. Legal purchasers. The illegal ones are already avoiding scrutiny. As far as how many someone can own and how much ammo each gun can hold is the same way. The legal purchasers will only have the number they can legally own and have only the legal capacity. While the illegal owners will still have however many they want with whatever capacity they want. Who does it hurt? The law abiding. Owning a gun is a huge responsibility. Getting the training is up to the owner, it isn't up to someone else to make sure they have that training.

I hate to say it but your "solution" only stops the law abiding. It won't even slow down the criminals.
    Yes, more scrutiny for purchasers. If that new pistol or shotgun means that much, you will jump through the hoops to get it, because it is a huge responsibility as you said. The training needs to be part of it as an assessment. Drivers get training before getting a license. Nobody has a problem there. The point is to scrutinize an individual to a level that determines if he needs further evaluation. It doesn't hurt the public. You get to have your gun when you are signed off and the crazy guy does not get one. If he has the ties to go to the black market and someone is willing to help, he obviously defeated the system. You still get your gun and can CC so when crazy guy comes to a social function of yours, you can blow him away. It was that much harder for him to get it and can minimize how many people actually pursue a weapon while still allowing you to be ready for the government when they come with their tanks for whatever reason they are coming
    SteroidsFax VIP
    High Quality compounds
    Stellar customer service
    Unique VIP program
    Discrete shipping

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    What hurts the law abiding? What did we talk about that hurts them? That was a very general statement that I don't even know where to apply

The way I described my definition is easy to understand. I know you know what I mean by it. What is necessary for hunting? What do you need an AR for? I have thought about that and cannot find a good answer.

Yes, more scrutiny for purchasers. If that new pistol or shotgun means that much, you will jump through the hoops to get it, because it is a huge responsibility as you said. The training needs to be part of it as an assessment. Drivers get training before getting a license. Nobody has a problem there. The point is to scrutinize an individual to a level that determines if he needs further evaluation. It doesn't hurt the public. You get to have your gun when you are signed off and the crazy guy does not get one. If he has the ties to go to the black market and someone is willing to help, he obviously defeated the system. You still get your gun and can CC so when crazy guy comes to a social function of yours, you can blow him away. It was that much harder for him to get it and can minimize how many people actually pursue a weapon while still allowing you to be ready for the government when they come with their tanks for whatever reason they are coming
    Dude you really need to go and read the 2nd ammendment... it says nothing about hunting!!! Where are u getting this from!! Our right to bear arms is to protect ourselves against a corrupted government

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I ain't giving up my guns for a failed sense of security. Criminals don't care and they will have them.

I'd rather have my gun and not need it than not have it and need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'M A SCAMMER OF PROPER HOCKEY FANS AND INFIDEL STEROID ABUSERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

hunting is the only positive thing that one uses a firearm for.
    I have used one to stop a murder, a robber, and a car thief. I know a woman who used one to stop an armed kidnapper (and probably a murderer). I know others who have used them to stop home invaders and other crimes. These are all positive things for which to use a firearm, aren't they?

What about shooting redcoats who come to seize weapons, like happened on April 19, 1775? Wasn't that a positive use of firearms? We owe our existence as a country to those men who refused to let their own royal government seize weapons and ammunition, rendering them incapable of resistance.

I can think of other positive uses for firearms, such as enjoyable time spent target shooting with my boys.

I could go on and on.

Even if all criminals disappeared overnight, I still would enjoy shooting. It's fun. Don't try to claim it is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Dude you really need to go and read the 2nd ammendment... it says nothing about hunting!!! Where are u getting this from!! Our right to bear arms is to protect ourselves against a corrupted government
    I know what it says. It doesn't say anything about hunting and I'm pretty sure I already mentioned that. I didn't say anything was quoted from the Constitution. If we want to get tied up in definitions and being literal, don't forget about the part that says "Well regulated". I am not seeing much of that. The security of the state and the regulation of the militia go hand in hand. The security is key here and if the security is being compromised by a lack of regulation, then the regulation needs to be looked at. The militia (supposedly all of you heroes out there who are conveniently never around when there is an active shooter are militiamen, but were too afraid or had an excuse to not go in the military) should support the security as it has been deemed a Constitutional responsibility. That could mean a longer delay until you prove yourself worthy of having something solely designed to kill. None of you bitch about drivers licenses. The truth is you guys are not militia. You are individuals looking for excuses to call yourselves that to own a gun "rightfully". Do you guys realize how ironic it is to be against the government controlling your life, but recognize their authority to allow you a weapon to fight them?

The problem with many of you guys is that you are too proud to admit there is an issue and then dance around a legitimate argument where sound reasoning was used, making it seem like I want your guns taken away. As soon as you all see someone saying gun control, you freak out and tell everyone how you would kill every active shooter if you could, how you will kill anyone trying to take your guns away, how the government is going to hypnotize our troops and send them to war with our own citizens, zombie apocalypse or whatever paranoid bullshit you are all on. You have no idea how ridiculous you all sound and how quick you are to jump to these crazy incalculable, immeasurable scenarios that you cannot prove to happen.

There is an issue. It is unfortunate if you do not think so. It is understandable if you think there is, but don't know what to do. The best case scenario is when you know there is a problem and are willing to help. I have already said that there are avenues that are impossible to go down. I don't want to take your guns away, just certain ones. I want you to be able to defend yourselves from hadj or the black guy who is going to rob you. My thought is to remedy a specific problem of these crazed idiots buying guns and killing families. The fact is the majority of these mental defects get the guns legally. My suggestion is to satisfy all of you gun owners, including myself, and help limit the damage caused by as many people as possible.
    SteroidsFax VIP
    High Quality compounds
    Stellar customer service
    Unique VIP program
    Discrete shipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    I have used one to stop a murder, a robber, and a car thief. I know a woman who used one to stop an armed kidnapper (and probably a murderer). I know others who have used them to stop home invaders and other crimes. These are all positive things for which to use a firearm, aren't they?

What about shooting redcoats who come to seize weapons, like happened on April 19, 1775? Wasn't that a positive use of firearms? We owe our existence as a country to those men who refused to let their own royal government seize weapons and ammunition, rendering them incapable of resistance.

I can think of other positive uses for firearms, such as enjoyable time spent target shooting with my boys.

I could go on and on.

Even if all criminals disappeared overnight, I still would enjoy shooting. It's fun. Don't try to claim it is not.
    Stopping crime. Incredibly positive use of a firearm. I didn't think of that the same way you did, but I'm all for it. War is a very good reason for them, but is outside the realm of my focus as I am just looking into internal civilization. It was also a very different time back then that shaped our forefathers thoughts on government. It is not the same anymore. Things change.

It is fun target shooting and I think it is a great experience to do it with your father. I'll have to revise the positives of some uses of guns. I looked at it from more of a necessity standpoint and ruled out the pastime activities and any events that had a gun involved in some type of violence. It is fun shooting. I enjoy it. I even want another one. I just want to minimize the bad and have a safe country where my family can live.
    SteroidsFax VIP
    High Quality compounds
    Stellar customer service
    Unique VIP program
    Discrete shipping

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Rep Points

I know what it says. It doesn't say anything about hunting and I'm pretty sure I already mentioned that. I didn't say anything was quoted from the Constitution. If we want to get tied up in definitions and being literal, don't forget about the part that says "Well regulated". I am not seeing much of that. The security of the state and the regulation of the militia go hand in hand. The security is key here and if the security is being compromised by a lack of regulation, then the regulation needs to be looked at. The militia (supposedly all of you heroes out there who are conveniently never around when there is an active shooter are militiamen, but were too afraid or had an excuse to not go in the military) should support the security as it has been deemed a Constitutional responsibility. That could mean a longer delay until you prove yourself worthy of having something solely designed to kill. None of you bitch about drivers licenses. The truth is you guys are not militia. You are individuals looking for excuses to call yourselves that to own a gun "rightfully". Do you guys realize how ironic it is to be against the government controlling your life, but recognize their authority to allow you a weapon to fight them?

The problem with many of you guys is that you are too proud to admit there is an issue and then dance around a legitimate argument where sound reasoning was used, making it seem like I want your guns taken away. As soon as you all see someone saying gun control, you freak out and tell everyone how you would kill every active shooter if you could, how you will kill anyone trying to take your guns away, how the government is going to hypnotize our troops and send them to war with our own citizens, zombie apocalypse or whatever paranoid bullshit you are all on. You have no idea how ridiculous you all sound and how quick you are to jump to these crazy incalculable, immeasurable scenarios that you cannot prove to happen.

There is an issue. It is unfortunate if you do not think so. It is understandable if you think there is, but don't know what to do. The best case scenario is when you know there is a problem and are willing to help. I have already said that there are avenues that are impossible to go down. I don't want to take your guns away, just certain ones. I want you to be able to defend yourselves from hadj or the black guy who is going to rob you. My thought is to remedy a specific problem of these crazed idiots buying guns and killing families. The fact is the majority of these mental defects get the guns legally. My suggestion is to satisfy all of you gun owners, including myself, and help limit the damage caused by as many people as possible.
    The fact you think there is a problem is funny..why you never said anything about it a few years back so why bring it up now? Because the media is filming every mass shooting possible? Mass shooting are at average records.. Honestly more people die in the hand of bad doctors and yet you trust them with your life why nobody talking about the medical malpractices which is the highest cause of death in America

You are truly right bro. there is a problem
    is called gun free zones, it's called strict gun laws

i would never call myself militia or anything close.. I love shooting guns.. It's a huge stress reliever and something fun to do. Go out and chill and fire some lead down range.. Now I carry all the time to protect myself against people making bad decisions in there life. I have never needed my gun and hope I never do but when I do I know where it's at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Rep Points

@Dema (to avoid the long quoted replies I'm guilty of always doing)

I don't watch the news. I read about it once in awhile on my phone. Media is an enormous problem that fuels this shit and is completely crooked. I am on the same page with you there. I have thought about gun free zones. Those seem to be popular places for shootings. Mass gatherings or less of a chance to be stopped......IDK. Maybe both. I would only hope that someone responsible who is CC'ing is there to gun down one of these active shooters. I want that to happen. Cops are there to clean up the mess and report. Many are also scared to do their jobs nowadays.

Restricting CC is stupid anywhere. You are right that gun laws in that sense are a problem. I just think a couple tweaks on the purchasing process could go a long way. I hope you don't get put in that position either. It is a win for everyone to still CC and prevent themselves from getting mugged and also do something to deter the crazies from their madness.
    SteroidsFax VIP
    High Quality compounds
    Stellar customer service
    Unique VIP program
    Discrete shipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

All I know is I need to invest in my first firearm. Someone send me a pm about what I should look for..

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    “Don’t have $100.00 shoes and a 10 cent squat.”

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Rep Points

@Dema (to avoid the long quoted replies I'm guilty of always doing)

I don't watch the news. I read about it once in awhile on my phone. Media is an enormous problem that fuels this shit and is completely crooked. I am on the same page with you there. I have thought about gun free zones. Those seem to be popular places for shootings. Mass gatherings or less of a chance to be stopped......IDK. Maybe both. I would only hope that someone responsible who is CC'ing is there to gun down one of these active shooters. I want that to happen. Cops are there to clean up the mess and report. Many are also scared to do their jobs nowadays.

Restricting CC is stupid anywhere. You are right that gun laws in that sense are a problem. I just think a couple tweaks on the purchasing process could go a long way. I hope you don't get put in that position either. It is a win for everyone to still CC and prevent themselves from getting mugged and also do something to deter the crazies from their madness.

There are a few very recent cases of a good guy stoping someone from committing a shooting.
    . One a few weeks ago just happened and guess what
    no media coverage for obvious reason
    and it wasn't a mass shooting because the guy was stopped as he only shot a couple rounds off
    so in that case it's not a big deal because he was the only one to die and one person was sent to the hospital... no one ever hears about these stories but they are out there... I will try and find the article again...

And I some what agree with trying to make sure they are in the right hands but the criminals won't have to go thru that possess they simply steal em and buy them from friends. They will always have em..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onebigpump View Post
    All I know is I need to invest in my first firearm. Someone send me a pm about what I should look for..

what state you live in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    263 Posts
    Rep Points

We are all fucked.. just wait.. New laws coming to a town near you..

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    There are a few very recent cases of a good guy stoping someone from committing a shooting.
    . One a few weeks ago just happened and guess what
    no media coverage for obvious reason
    and it wasn't a mass shooting because the guy was stopped as he only shot a couple rounds off
    so in that case it's not a big deal because he was the only one to die and one person was sent to the hospital... no one ever hears about these stories but they are out there... I will try and find the article again...

And I some what agree with trying to make sure they are in the right hands but the criminals won't have to go thru that possess they simply steal em and buy them from friends. They will always have em..

- - - Updated - - -

what state you live in?
    Mitten state

“Don’t have $100.00 shoes and a 10 cent squat.”

Minor diety

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

In your own admission it only hurts the law abiding by making them jump through more hoops and doesn't even slow down the criminal. Hardcore felons released from prison acquire guns the day they are released. They can't have a gun because they are a felon. That didn't stop them. They got the gun or guns illegally. Still didn't stop them. How are more laws going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Make it extra-illegal?

Making it harder for me to get a gun doesn't deter crime one iota. Making it harder for me to carry a gun doesn't deter crime.

Minor diety

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm saying that hunting is the only positive thing that one uses a firearm for.
    Really now? Read this. This sort of thing isn't even rare, it's common and goes under-reported because it doesn't fit the gun control agenda.
    http://myfox8.com/2013/01/10/armed-g...er-five-times/

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Rep Points

Work around for the gov't....curtail or restrict the sale of ammo. Guns not much good without them, and not too many ppl making their own.

BTW I believe in our rights to own and carry guns.

Law is for the lawless. Just hope they don't change the law! So vote. Voting is power, not typing behind the computer keyboard in debate.