• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PSL Sponsored Log Marvel

The suffering is real. Only a few days into my 2 hour cardio days and I can feel it. Only on 74 grams of carbs daily so the pump isn’t there but still maintaining or gaining strength which is a good sign. Now it’s more about dealing with the tiredness and the heavy legs. Cardio is so leg dominant is hard to keep them fresh without feeling like you aren’t half-assing it at your workout or cardio. Really plan getting in some naps this weekend and getting the sleep/tiredness under control. I’ve done 2 hours of cardio before for 4-6 weeks so I know I can make it thru it. Now it’s more about finding comfort in the suffering. It’s one of those things were you know the suffering is coming, you know you need it to show up at your best and but it never gets easier. I guess if it did get easier then you wouldn’t truly be suffering. I do believe if I was able to keep some PSL Test in I would feel slightly better because I believe in the mood effects of test but I know bringing in my glutes is more important. I’m not having depression or wild mood swings just love the mood enhancing effects of good test. I do look forward to adding in 80 mg of Var daily starting tomorrow as well as starting clen on Saturday that will run thru the show. Hoping these add a pep to my step as well as a bump to my progress. On the off chance I can get my glutes striated ahead of schedule I’ll throw some test back in but for now just running Masteron and Tren E till Thursday I’ll add in the var. Then on Saturday add in clen and switch to Tren Ace daily. I’ll become a pin cushion but will keep that stable blood level.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Your are looking great marvel! Keep it up , hard work is showing big time. Getting down to the wire.

Your are looking great marvel! Keep it up , hard work is showing big time. Getting down to the wire.
Thank you still some time to improve, time to push the envelope

On my 2nd day of 80 mgs of Anavar and I can feel a difference. I split my dose up into 3 times - 20 mgs before fasted cardio, 30 mgs midday a couple hours before lifting and then 30 mgs right after lifting. All times the pills are taken on an empty stomach. I havent seen any physique changes but I definitely got a boost in energy. I expected this as I've been off of Test for close to 2 weeks. I think once my blood levels get higher the cosmetic effects will come to play as well. Really and truly though I'm happy with the extra energy the cardio is brutal and I'm hoping my recovery improves as well.

Looking forward to adding in clen on Saturday as well as switching to Tren Ace and upping the Masteron. Gonna keep grinding to get peeled and hopefully bring a shredded and dry physique to the stage. PSL Var for the win!

Another week down and sit here working and waiting for my coach to most likely cut my carbs. We are already at 2 hours of cardio so the next thing will probably be carbs or cheat meal. I'd rather cut carbs I look forward to my weekly cheat really helps me keep the cravings at bay during the week.

Starting this Saturday I have begun cutting out some volume from my workouts. Nothing huge 3-4 sets. This is in an attempt to keep the intensity high while also minimizing risk and keeping energy high enough to really push myself on cardio.*

I also started Tren Ace and I have to say within the first two days my night sweats definitely increased. On a mg to mg basis Ace is better and for now I can feel it. Recovery is a tad bit better and energy bumped up again but that could be the combo of switching to Ace, the Var and adding back in clen. Lots of things going but I can see the changes and will continue to push because conditioning is the key these days. Cross your fingers for me I get to keep my cheat meal lol.*

b3ac6d548dfee0d37cb15460e82e15ad.jpg

1c30e235fa0eba7bc220522bc5181af9.jpg

Quick Update

Yesterday marked some more changes to the last few weeks of prep.*

Nutrition – only trace carbs are left in the diet. These are carbs from my protein shake, veggies and bcaa drink which is 14 grams or less. I still get 1 cheat meal per week currently.

Cardio – 2 hours daily. Right now I still try to mix in as much HIIT as I can but this is only around 1-2 sessions per week. The energy and recovery demands for HIIT aren’t really there when doing 2 hours. Will continue to try to get more in as long as my body can handle it.

Lifting – 7 days a week everything gets a second day of lifting except arms. Decreased volume a bit but still keeping intensity high as possible. Really basic lifts using what built the muscle to keep the muscle.

Gear – currently running 100 mg Masteron every other day and 50 mgs Tren Ace every day. Also using clen daily now along with 80 mgs of Var daily.*

Sleep – generally I get between 5:30 to 6:30 hours per night Sunday thru Thursday. On the weekends I can get more at night and a few naps here and there. I know this is the one area that if I could improve on it would help so much.*

Posing – will begin to increase the amount of time doing this to work on my individual call out for pre judging and have to put together a night routine for if I make the top 5.

Get Shredded!
As I was assessing how my body is changing last night during my 2nd leg day I decided that I could push a little harder. Yeah I'm suffering and my energy is low but I can dig deeper.*

So now my goal is to get in more stairmill during my cardio as well as pushing for more calories burned during my fasted sessions. Dont get me wrong I'm burning 640-670 kcal in the morning but I can go harder so now I'm pushing for mid 700's or higher. Today I hit 705 and will continue to aim for more. Fourth day of 14 carbs or lower so if I'm suffering already why not increase it and make it worth my while.

My head isnt all in it during my normal job but I'm making it work. Also have to catch myself getting cranky with some of the stuff I normally dont care about like multiple client emails, too many texts and even took a break from social media. But I know its all just the low carbs and demands I'm putting on myself (maybe some of the gear too lol). Gonna keep grinding and pushing, I've already reached conditioning I've never had before but it's still not good enough for the national stage so here goes nothin.

You're dedication is awesome Marvel
Makes me want to work harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when are you taking the stage?

Went thru check ins yesterday and even though we were happy with the progress that is being made I still knew I could suffer more, I still knew that I need to keep pulling fat off my backside to really be competitive.

I offered to stop taking my fish oil or to lower my protein sizes since we had pretty much cut carbs to trace amounts. However my coach had a different idea we instead decided to drop a meal entirely. So now my macros are 340 Protein, 14 carbs and 44 fat for a total of 1811 calories. Still training 7 days a week with 2 hours of cardio per day. I still get my one cheat meal per week which is definitely something I look forward to. This last week we went out for street tacos for my fiancée’s little brother’s birthday. I definitely enjoyed myself. As you can expect it’s expensive for me to get my fill on street tacos but her parents footed the bill so I was even happier lol. Then finished off with my desert from a German bakery in town in which they have this peanut butter bar which is a mix of rice krispies and peanut butter covered in chocolate.*

We also attended a bbq with some friends on Sunday because of the Memorial Day holiday and there was definitely temptation. I held strong but decided next week’s dessert is mega stuff Oreos, as you can probably assume those were at the bbq and they were calling my name in which I replied “Next week my sweet”.*

There haven’t been much else changed gear is at 60 mg Tren Ace every day, 100 mg Masteron every other day and Var at 80 mgs per day. The only thing left to throw in will be some Halo at like 10 days out to try to harden up a little more.

f0e66fb891d7b5028b5f1d7dd16f10dc.jpg

5beef1d7b976ff1ec6a64b41eabb9503.jpg

You're dedication is awesome Marvel
Makes me want to work harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I do enjoy competing for myself but I also enjoy helping and inspiring others.

Yesterday I had to call in sick to work, it wasn’t a normal I have a cold or stomach problem sick day it was an exhaustion sick day. I was woken up about an hour and half before my normal get up time to water cascading out of my gutters onto our swamp cooler. If this happens for too long the window well to the basement will fill with water and leak into the basement.

So I had to pop up throw on some shorts and a rain jacket to clear out the gutter spout. I had already cleaned my gutters in early spring but do to a hail storm a week or so prior it must have filled the gutters back up with leaves. I pulled out the ladder and climbed up to pull out a hug wad of leaves. Then I was never fully able to fall back asleep I was half listening to see if got clogged up again. When my alarm did get up I sat up and sat on the edge of the bed and contemplated whether I could make it that day. I came to the conclusion that I need the extra rest. I was tired and had no energy. There was no way I could do my hour of cardio then drive an hour to work do 8 hours then drive another hour back home, so I called in sick. So glad I did I needed it. I slept another 5 hours, woke up did my cardio ate a meal then went back to sleep for another 2 hours. I took this as a sign that my body really needed the rest and that I could use this as day to recharge my batteries so to speak and then power thru the next couple weeks till show day. The mini vacation I’m having after JR Nats will help me recharge for the 2nd show I’m doing which is a local state show 3 weeks after. I’m still learning my body but I have definitely become better at it and sometimes it throws you signs and you just need to listen. It wouldn’t have been any more hardcore or beneficial to power thru the day. Now I feel I can keep pushing for the results I want and be the best I can be on show day. I know it will be my best so far in my competitive career but I want top 5 so I have to keep grinding against the guys that I don’t even know and are pushing hard for that same placing as me.

Training Log

Last nights 2nd Leg Day

20 mins warm cardio Arc Trainer
Super Set
Lying Leg Curl 3 x 15 4 5 6 (just numbered plate machine)
Tru Squat (the one John Meadows loves) 3 x 12 25 35 45 Drop set
Super Set*
Single Leg Ext 3 x 30 40 40 40
Standing Calf Raise 3 x 20 90 135 135

Leg Pres 3 x 20 8 plates 8+25 8+50
Stiff Leg Barbell Deadlift 4 x 20 45 55 65 75
Glute Bridge 3 x 20 30kg 40kg 50kg
40 mins cardio Arc Trainer

Still getting really good lifts in while being so depleted. Volume is lower then usual but intensity is as high as I can get it without risking injury so close to a show.

Down to 11 days till show time, Jr Nats for men starts on Saturday June 18th.

I checked in my coach last night have sending him pics in which we did see progress but I know what its gonna take to place where I want to be so as always I told him I could suffer more. So he asked me could I do 75 mins of cardio twice a day and I told him I’d get it done. Also talked with him and no more cheat meals which probably sucks the most but it’ll be worth it. The morning we fly out I have get my cardio done before we head to the airport so I’m expecting to get out of gym around 10 pm like normal then be back in the gym around 3 am to get cardio done before we have to head to airport at 5 am. At least when this prep is over no matter what happens I’ll know that I can suffer and pay my dues to present my best me.*

Lifting – 7 days a week everything gets two workouts except arms. Volume is the same as its been since week 4, no decrease in volume or intensity because that would counter the act of adding cardio. Rest time will be shortened to allow for quicker lifting and maybe a few more super sets which will drop poundage but intensity will still be high.

Cardio – 7 days a week twice a day at 75 mins each (2.5 hours of cardio daily) continued focus on burning more calories with each day. Currently hitting stair mill 5-6 times a week at minimum for 10 mins of HIIT

Nutrition – Protein 340, carb 14, fat 44 calorie total 1811 (no more cheat meals)

Gear – Masteron 150 mgs EOD and Tren Ace 70 mg daily, Anavar 80 mg daily and starting today Halo at 20 mgs a day.

3f546027e6446e8d1eeb186e254605ad.jpg

84bd1415b9011ccefe3da3e63f8f28fa.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
My god I didn't know you are a junior! You look incredible bro!
Yes sir I believe in working your up the ranks first I have place well at junior nationals then I can look at pro qualifier. Too many people jump right into national shows and get blown away. If you are serious work your way to it . . . unless you are a genetic freak of course.

Resisting the urge to cheat.

This by far has been my best prep for my entire competitive career along the lines of not cheating. Yes I have had a meal or item here or there I shouldn’t have but not to the amount that has plagued me before. I chock that up to the goal in mind, the level of the show and finally feeling like I have enough experience behind me. By experience I mean I know my body better than ever and I know my limits, I know I don’t have elite level genetics, I know it’s a way between me and my body to get shredded. Having my weekly cheat meal was a huge help though. I looked forward to it every week and as the cardio went up and the calories went down I banked on this to carry me through. Truly up until about week 4 the cravings were pretty manageable. They got worse when we hit 2 hours of cardio, got even worse when we dropped a meal and now they are quite strong at 2.5 hours of cardio daily. Hell I’ve hoped the orals would affect my appetite but no such luck. The removal of my cheat meal didn’t help either. But each time I think about it I think about the level of competition I’m going up against, I don’t want to be embarrassed and even more so I want top 5 more then I want that burger or fries or donut. Hell two nights in a row I food dreams. I remember clearly the night of national donut day I had a dream about a huge square chocolate covered donut, I’m sure the constant talk on social media and my hunger affected that dream. Then the next night it was pancakes and I think that was because I was looking at some John Meadows stuff and we know his affinity for pancakes. Each morning imagine a breakfast sandwich for McDonalds or an AM Crunchwrap from Taco Bell but then I remember it isn’t worth it. I don’t think it makes me any less hardcore to admit I think about cheating on my nutrition and wish I could. But I know I don’t have the genetics to allow me to do it. If there was some magical scenario where I could eat that breakfast sandwich and do and extra 20 mins of cardio on top of my 2.5 hours and no ill effects on my physique I would do it. But that isn’t the case even if I burned those calories on top of the ones I already burn the other effects would be damaging. What they would be I can’t say so why risk it. When I need striated glutes to even try to get top 5 I have to remember how close I am. No need in acting like this is easy it’s a war everyday against my body, my cravings and the human want of making things easy . . . it’s a way I plan on winning.

Dam marvel.. your mental fortitude is remarkable.. everyone thinks about it, even if they wont admitt it! But how you are handling this situation is what matters most. Your will and drive are truly on another level . Your mental toughness, hasnt wavered one bit! You got this my friend. Its refreshing to see someone speaking honestly and openly about some of there struggles, and not just what they think , everyone want s to hear.. you have my respect marvel. Coming down the back stretch, time to bring it home!!

You are doing what many cannot and keeping of strong mind in an extremely testing situation. I respect you so much for that brother and just know that many of us here admire you, and I hope that helps to carry you through the difficult times!

Just a quick update, still plugging away at my 2.5 hours of cardio and I am suffering like I never have before. But I also improving and seeing the changes I need to do well, hopefully.

This weekend will be one week out from the show so it’s all about getting ready early. I will be taking care things ahead of time so we can fly out stress free. I have to mow the grass and get the house ready for our house sitter while we are gone. I’ll be grocery shopping and prepping all of food for the days leading up to Saturday for my fiancée and I. I’ve been making my ice packs for my carry on cooler which was a tip I got from a TSA agent, even put together a list of what I need to pack so hopefully I don’t forget anything. After the show it won’t be a free for all on food even though we are spending a few more days in Chicago but we’ll just go and buy some precooked chicken breast along with a few cheat meals. Then once we get back right back at it for my local show.

I’m excited to hit Quads gym in Chicago as well, whereas my fiancée is looking up Jazz clubs and the architecture tour lol. May even hit USA’s if we have a chance. Right now we only have 1 thing scheduled for sure and that is a Cubs game we already bought tickets for. I’m not a huge baseball fan but definitely excited to have a beer and hot dog at Wrigley Field. Still hoping I do well and maybe get a quick interview or some kind of exposure but that’s only slightly in my hands in that I can keep grinding to bring top notch conditioning then after that I let the judges decide.

Just a quick update, still plugging away at my 2.5 hours of cardio and I am suffering like I never have before. But I also improving and seeing the changes I need to do well, hopefully.

This weekend will be one week out from the show so it’s all about getting ready early. I will be taking care things ahead of time so we can fly out stress free. I have to mow the grass and get the house ready for our house sitter while we are gone. I’ll be grocery shopping and prepping all of food for the days leading up to Saturday for my fiancée and I. I’ve been making my ice packs for my carry on cooler which was a tip I got from a TSA agent, even put together a list of what I need to pack so hopefully I don’t forget anything. After the show it won’t be a free for all on food even though we are spending a few more days in Chicago but we’ll just go and buy some precooked chicken breast along with a few cheat meals. Then once we get back right back at it for my local show.

I’m excited to hit Quads gym in Chicago as well, whereas my fiancée is looking up Jazz clubs and the architecture tour lol. May even hit USA’s if we have a chance. Right now we only have 1 thing scheduled for sure and that is a Cubs game we already bought tickets for. I’m not a huge baseball fan but definitely excited to have a beer and hot dog at Wrigley Field. Still hoping I do well and maybe get a quick interview or some kind of exposure but that’s only slightly in my hands in that I can keep grinding to bring top notch conditioning then after that I let the judges decide.

2.1/2 hrs of cardio is killer.. my ankles hurt thinking about that .. insane effort!! Let us know how the clubs are. Make sure to get pics
My friend.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dam marvel.. your mental fortitude is remarkable.. everyone thinks about it, even if they wont admitt it! But how you are handling this situation is what matters most. Your will and drive are truly on another level . Your mental toughness, hasnt wavered one bit! You got this my friend. Its refreshing to see someone speaking honestly and openly about some of there struggles, and not just what they think , everyone want s to hear.. you have my respect marvel. Coming down the back stretch, time to bring it home!!
Thank you so much for the kind words. Finally found my groove in logging my experience. I try to be as open and honest as possible. So glad my words can help others.

You are doing what many cannot and keeping of strong mind in an extremely testing situation. I respect you so much for that brother and just know that many of us here admire you, and I hope that helps to carry you through the difficult times!
I'm just glad I have forum and a sponsor like PSL to make this possible. Everything else is earning it. I appreciate what you wrote and it definitely helps having amazing people backing me.

2.1/2 hrs of cardio is killer.. my ankles hurt thinking about that .. insane effort!! Let us know how the clubs are. Make sure to get pics
My friend.

I'll do my best to update while there at the very least I'll have some nice updates once back in town.

Awesome brother. Keep us informed.

Back