Pharmacom Store

What was your biggest lagging muscle and how did you bring it up?

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Rep Points

Question What was your biggest lagging muscle and how did you bring it up?

For me..It's my biceps. I am 6'' tall and my arms are long. My biceps are short and they stop well before my elbow joint. They don't have a great peak to them and I have yet to find the proper way to train them to make them grow the way I want. I often get pain when I curl because all of the tension is on the tendon that sits between the end of my bicep and my elbow joint. I feel if my bicep was longer and there was muscle there, it would be more responsive to such workouts.

What is your biggest lagging body part? What did you do that finally worked at bringing it up?

Let's hear your struggles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

At one point my delts overpowered my biceps in the front and rear double biceps pose. I trained them twice a week for close to a year and now they are one of my best body parts. I used different exercises in each workout and squeezed biceps as hard as I could to really get them to grow I believe they grew about 3/4- 1 in. in that time.

Icon

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iconmuscle View Post
    At one point my delts overpowered my biceps in the front and rear double biceps pose. I trained them twice a week for close to a year and now they are one of my best body parts. I used different exercises in each workout and squeezed biceps as hard as I could to really get them to grow I believe they grew about 3/4- 1 in. in that time.

Icon
    Thanks for sharing....I always thought I was over training my biceps....being such a small muscle I didn't think they needed a ton of abuse to grow. Some have told me their bicept grew more after they stopped training them primarily and just trained them secondarily through pulling exercises like rows and other back workouts.

Than there's others like yourself who say train them more and harder. 2x a week....3x a week.....heavy weight...light weight....it's all over the place lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Lol. Im sure others will chime in but that's what worked for me. Also, sometimes I will do one heavy workout and the second semi heavy, other times they are both heavy. Believe me, they can take a pounding but most important is keeping correct form, keep aux muscles for the exercise to a minimum. I have seen to many barbell curls done using legs, back and momentum.

Icon

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,548 Posts
    Rep Points

For myself growing up my pecs have always been my lagging part, I've learned sometime back that I was always training them wrong (for my body make-up/genetics),besides genetics (I didn't posses the selected advantage that's for-sure).. What works for one person in record time didn't mean it would be the same for myself.. I looked outside the box and changed my method of training (as well as my mental approach), I stopped comparing myself,and implemented more TIME and EFFORT.. 2 x weeks! I realized that my DNA is my DNA, and I can't change that, but my mental state and determination I can manipulate and I will dictate.. My approach was to treat each workout with increasing the intensity and volume, and this was from start to finish, even applied to the very last set/rep as if it was my first!

This is when my approach to the lifestyle really took on a whole new level,learning about the true mechanics of the movement, and the muscle kinesiology..When I incorporated more flies/cables and dumbbells this becomes clear and evident in-regards to the true definition of what "targeting,synergists,and stabilizers" are with the entire muscle mechanic...

Also,learning how to bench properly did in fact help!

Genetics suck, but thank god for chemistry and fitness theories put into practice with comprehensives testing, being tried and proven to be true yielding results...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Rep Points

Right on brother, thanks to pharma companies.....that wide V back...But finally,after trying everything twice.....What I found was wide grips,heavy weights,then followed by high reps to failure...I am sore for 3 to 4 days after!!!

DRSE representative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Rep Points

Calves
    Super strong and I can beat the hell out of them and nothing. I hate the phrase it is what it is... but that how I digest the situation. I have two bottles of seo's that I fully intended on using on them. Thats how frustrated I am. Before I opened the seo, I did a test shot of test...hurt like a mother going in and for 3 days after. So I lost my nerve.

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,548 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseljimmy View Post
    Calves
    Super strong and I can beat the hell out of them and nothing. I hate the phrase it is what it is... but that how I digest the situation. I have two bottles of seo's that I fully intended on using on them. Thats how frustrated I am. Before I opened the seo, I did a test shot of test...hurt like a mother going in and for 3 days after. So I lost my nerve.
    Don't do it.. Its far to dangerous to inject your calve..You'll end up with compartment syndrome cellulitis due to the deliberately inducing "sclerosis lipgranulomatosis", the lymphatic system and nerves,vessels are far to sensitive in that muscle region..The circulatory system is already weak enough in the area, you'll end up with a clot! Small calves are better then no calves..I'm quite confident that there above the average,,I'm sure not where you want them to be,but you get my point!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Rep Points

For me it was arms in general. Ive done all the tricks in the book. What i honestly felt helped me more was hitting them almost every other day. Just at the tail end of workouts to get the bloodflow in and having atleast one solid full arm day. Also touching them on leg day and eating a cheat after the lagging body part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseljimmy View Post
    Calves
    Calves are a bitch. Just get implants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorblaze View Post
    Calves are a bitch. Just get implants.
    This^^^ I'd take what Vision said seriously. You do NOT want compartment syndrome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I am lucky enough to have small joints, so my arms look bigger than they are. My definite weakest area is my rear delts. I've done so many pressing and pushing movements that the front and side delts are way more developed. I have a plan though...they won't be that way long!

Man Whore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

My dick, next step is synthol in my dick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

My cavs are brutal. Just hit them a couple times a week and have kind of accepted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk