• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

(Not in progress) I'm giving it a run ( Dave Palumbo's Cutting Diet )

Nocode8511

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm taking a new approach to getting lean. I never followed an outlined diet of this sort, just usually went with what works for me. I have always kept a high protein, medium fat, low carb diet. I can sit at 9% BF and not have any problems (some say it unhealthy to stay in single digits all year.) I got sick in Oct with bronchitis and everything went downhill from there. I really haven't been to the gym, diet was off, and lost some weight. The ab's are gone with overall definition of all muscles.

Even though I spoke with a few guys on here I would like everyone to chime in on this :winkfinger:. My goal for this is to cut down to the single digits again then slowly add more calories to gain lean mass.

Stats: As of 1/14/13
5'11"
184.5lbs
16% BF (I personally think more but didn't have calibers)

MEAL #1
4 whole eggs; 4 egg whites; 8oz OJ
Cals 505; Fat 24.8; Carbs 28.2; Prot 40.5

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.0 (1.5) tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)
Cals 341; Fat 16.6; Carbs 29.2; Prot 21.5

MEAL #3
Lean Protein Meal”: 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup almonds or walnuts
Cals 1,099; Fat 74.9; Carbs 22.4; Prot 91.1

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.0 (1.5) tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
Fatty Protein Meal”: 8oz tilapia with green salad 1 tablespoon of Extra Olive Oil and vinegar
Cals 420; Fat 19.6; Carbs 1.8; Prot 59.8

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1.5 tablespoon all natural peanut butter (no sugar added)

Calories 3047; Fat 169.1; Carbs 140; Protein 255.9

A few sides notes:
1) I'll have a cheat meal every Saturday for lunch.
2) Fiber 2x's per day.
3) Amino Acids to keep my energy level up.
4) Fish Oils and Omega 3/6

I plan on starting this Feb 1st for 6-8 weeks. I'm planning a cycle along with this but may not get to it (money is tight, work is slow.)

I'm giving it a run ( Dave Polumbo's Cutting Diet )

That's a lot of egg yolks.....
Other than that, everything looks ok

Is the OJ in the Palumbo diet? I do not recall ever hearing it mentioned. But whatever, it probably won't hurt anything. Good luck.

That's a lot of egg yolks.....
Other than that, everything looks ok

Only 4 yolks, not too bad.

Is the OJ in the Palumbo diet? I do not recall ever hearing it mentioned. But whatever, it probably won't hurt anything. Good luck.

No its not, nothing but water was mentioned. I asked a dietitian his advise before I threw it in there. He said 8oz of OJ wont hurt at all.

Hey bro, Can I say something real quick.... This is a great diet to follow and I know that you know already but bro when ketosis hits, and it will. It will feel like a ton of bricks hit your energy levels. It will make you so damn lethargic that the only thing you will want to eat is something with carbs and sugar in it. I highly recommended that you do not add the orange juice to your diet. You've got to be 100% true to the diet "no expectations at all". By adding orange juice(sugar) you could prolong the time required for you body to reach ketosis and their for you'll have severe lethargy for a week instead of 3-4 days. And yes it makes a difference. So if your wondering why I would suggest that, well I've done this diet quite a few times and have failed more than have had it a success. One of my biggest mistakes every time was thinking I could add sugar to my coffee. Well if you drink coffee a few times a day like I do. that adds up to be too much. This is just a suggestion. Go 100% or go home on this one. You'll feel it. If you can break past that day four and break through a couple days of brain fog and tiredness, you'll start to burn fat like there's no tomorrow.

Hey bro, Can I say something real quick.... This is a great diet to follow and I know that you know already but bro when ketosis hits, and it will. It will feel like a ton of bricks hit your energy levels. It will make you so damn lethargic that the only thing you will want to eat is something with carbs and sugar in it. I highly recommended that you do not add the orange juice to your diet. You've got to be 100% true to the diet "no expectations at all". By adding orange juice(sugar) you could prolong the time required for you body to reach ketosis and their for you'll have severe lethargy for a week instead of 3-4 days. And yes it makes a difference. So if your wondering why I would suggest that, well I've done this diet quite a few times and have failed more than have had it a success. One of my biggest mistakes every time was thinking I could add sugar to my coffee. Well if you drink coffee a few times a day like I do. that adds up to be too much. This is just a suggestion. Go 100% or go home on this one. You'll feel it. If you can break past that day four and break through a couple days of brain fog and tiredness, you'll start to burn fat like there's no tomorrow.

I'm open to everyone's opinion that's why I posted it up. I usually feel the same way with the 100% or go home. Let me ask you this, since I really dont need to lose that much fat. I dont drink coffee and the OJ would be the only sugar during the day, would it prolong the ketosis state by the much longer?

the hunger pains would get the best of me...i'd have to eat 10-12 meals a day with carbs that low

the hunger pains would get the best of me...i'd have to eat 10-12 meals a day with carbs that low

I usually do 8 meals a day when cutting. I keep my carbs at 100 grams 50 for breakfast and 50 after the gym (workouts at morning time.)

This is just going to be a trail run.

I'm taking a new approach to getting lean. I never followed an outlined diet of this sort, just usually went with what works for me. I have always kept a high protein, medium fat, low carb diet. I can sit at 9% BF and not have any problems (some say it unhealthy to stay in single digits all year.) I got sick in Oct with bronchitis and everything went downhill from there. I really haven't been to the gym, diet was off, and lost some weight. The ab's are gone with overall definition of all muscles.

Even though I spoke with a few guys on here I would like everyone to chime in on this :winkfinger:. My goal for this is to cut down to the single digits again then slowly add more calories to gain lean mass.

Stats: As of 1/14/13
5'11"
184.5lbs
16% BF (I personally think more but didn't have calibers)

MEAL #1
4 whole eggs; 4 egg whites; 8oz OJ
Cals 505; Fat 24.8; Carbs 28.2; Prot 40.5

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.0 (1.5) tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
Lean Protein Meal”: 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup almonds or walnuts
Cals 1,099; Fat 74.9; Carbs 22.4; Prot 91.1

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.0 (1.5) tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
Fatty Protein Meal”: 8oz tilapia with green salad 1 tablespoon of Extra Olive Oil and vinegar
Cals 420; Fat 19.6; Carbs 1.8; Prot 59.8

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1.5 tablespoon all natural peanut butter (no sugar added)

Calories 3047; Fat 169.1; Carbs 140; Protein 255.9

A few sides notes:
1) I'll have a cheat meal every Saturday for lunch.
2) Fiber 2x's per day.
3) Amino Acids to keep my energy level up.
4) Fish Oils and Omega 3/6

I plan on starting this Feb 1st for 6-8 weeks. I'm planning a cycle along with this but may not get to it (money is tight, work is slow.)

Hey bro,
Did your daily work require alot of attention? Your brain will be messing up with you. Ever feel the crash after a long Deca cycle?
For me it was worst!
Good luck bro,
BTW: being tight on money can be a real pain in the ass, build your next stack slowly buying 1-2 vial at the time. I hope money will be right for you as shortly as possible.
Take care bro,
Sly

One last thing brother, pay closely attention when choosing your amino acid, some get sugar in and it will change the reaction and amount of time for you to reach keto...

IML Gear Cream!
I will NOT be trying this diet out right now! I just got GREAT news about a career change, fuck yes!!!

A MOD can delete this thread if they like.

Thanks for the info fellas but this will be put on hold.

just for future references, do not put the OJ in there, it defeats the whole purpose of the diet, its a low carb, no direct sources of carbs diet. The OJ would knock you out of ketosis, the only time you could drink it is for your cheat meal/day. I have done this diet before, and if you can last the first two weeks and tought it out, you get damn cut on it though.

- - - Updated - - -

just for future references, do not put the OJ in there, it defeats the whole purpose of the diet, its a low carb, no direct sources of carbs diet. The OJ would knock you out of ketosis, the only time you could drink it is for your cheat meal/day. I have done this diet before, and if you can last the first two weeks and tought it out, you get damn cut on it though.

I will NOT be trying this diet out right now! I just got GREAT news about a career change, fuck yes!!!

A MOD can delete this thread if they like.

Thanks for the info fellas but this will be put on hold.
Congrats on the new job.

Congrats, what kind of job? Fixed the thread title and spelling

Quasi Gov jobs are the bomb. I know. I got one.
Congrats & stay safe.
Firemen have always been my heroes.
Great respect.

the yolks hold most of the protein in an egg...also lecithin which is good for hair and nails...and don't be scared of cholesterol...it's the basic molecule for testosterone...you need it

the yolks hold most of the protein in an egg...also lecithin which is good for hair and nails...and don't be scared of cholesterol...it's the basic molecule for testosterone...you need it
I'm sure you meant other way around - the whites have most of the protein. He's completely right though about the yolks being packed full of great nutrients. White = protein, yolk = awesome nutrients (testosterone production, good hair and skin, etc.).

only 3.5g protein in egg white...6g in egg total...sorry i was off...but nonetheless, EAT THE YOLKS!!! ...plus when you scramble them yolk bonds them easier so not so runny

Way to go on the new career! It is the best job in the world for sure!!!!! Nothing better than going in the front door with an attack line and washing it all out the back. Be safe cause it usually takes 30 years to get to the finish line on that one.

Another thing....dont talk to anybody about gear!!!!!!!! Ever!!!!! If you want a career there it may haunt you years from now it you do! You will know who is cool about it....but just give each other the nod and for Gods sake don't talk to anyone about it! Most people will not be cool about!!!!!

Thats said...being in shape will take you far and keep you safe on the job!!!!!

Good luck and keep me posted on how it works out.

I like the diet too!

Stay cool

Back