• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Doing my first show NPC mens physique

Bulldog

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well what the hell, my wife has been on my ass to try and do an amateur level mens physique competition, so what the hell I am gonna do it once and see how I do.. The show will be in May here in NC, I will be in the amateur level 5-8 to 5-10, from all the videos I have been watching I may do alright but I am feeling a little homophobe doing all those little gay ass turns, I really don't want to embarrass myself either, I have to join the NPC at like almost $200 dollars and then pay the fees, it doest appear to come with a cash payout but it put in the NC state NPC championship if I place good! This might be a good sarting point and don't forget I will be in the seniors class also, My current Stats are 178lbs at 5-9.5 with 9.3% BF checked my caliper and measurements at my gym last week, I cut hard for like 10 weeks for the Pharmalogic contest and we all know how that went.. I am doing a very slight lean mass gain for about 4 weeks to give some filler then I am gonna cut the final 4 weeks very hard and try and dry out, I truly enjoy this sport and I was genetically gifted to be lean so we will see!!!

NPC membership will cost $120/year and the shows usually charge $100 for each class that you sign up for. For example, in regard to a bodybuilding show, I could have signed up for the novice class, the masters class, and/or the open class all at $100 each…or I could just sign up the for the open class since winning that class was all that really mattered to me anyway. Not sure if physique is the same. Good luck to you, brother. You have more stones than I do. After talking to a contest prep coach and NPC head judge that told me I had national competitor potential, I decided that I didn't want to put the extra time and effort into getting myself into contest shape…and also the fact that I don't really think I'd be comfortable parading around in front of hundreds of strangers while wearing a bikini. I realized I'm content just being a gym rat.

Yeah I am starting to think that I wont like posing in front of all these different kind of people, I hope my PTSD doesn't kick in and I flip out, luckily I don't have to wear those little skimpy mens thongs, I can wear knee length shorts!

Good luck bro!!! I'm gonna be doing a physique show as well in august

Yeah I am starting to think that I wont like posing in front of all these different kind of people, I hope my PTSD doesn't kick in and I flip out, luckily I don't have to wear those little skimpy mens thongs, I can wear knee length shorts!

Get all the posing practice you can get and then get more. It seriously can make you or break you. Good luck.

Goodluck with the tattoos.. I went to the Gladiator in Baltimore 3 weeks ago, and the judge told me they hate people with tattoos on stage because it takes away from the physique. I'd never be able to compete because I'm practically covered besides my ribs, and stomach.

IML Gear Cream!
Well what the hell, my wife has been on my ass to try and do an amateur level mens physique competition, so what the hell I am gonna do it once and see how I do.. The show will be in May here in NC, I will be in the amateur level 5-8 to 5-10, from all the videos I have been watching I may do alright but I am feeling a little homophobe doing all those little gay ass turns, I really don't want to embarrass myself either, I have to join the NPC at like almost $200 dollars and then pay the fees, it doest appear to come with a cash payout but it put in the NC state NPC championship if I place good! This might be a good sarting point and don't forget I will be in the seniors class also, My current Stats are 178lbs at 5-9.5 with 9.3% BF checked my caliper and measurements at my gym last week, I cut hard for like 10 weeks for the Pharmalogic contest and we all know how that went.. I am doing a very slight lean mass gain for about 4 weeks to give some filler then I am gonna cut the final 4 weeks very hard and try and dry out, I truly enjoy this sport and I was genetically gifted to be lean so we will see!!!
Sounds like a great opportunity!!! We got your back! You gonna do a log so we can follow up until the comp?

Good luck! You should do a log for sure.

Do u have a contest prep diet person? U will def want to get one if u don't!

Physique is such a tough class! Don't want u too lean and stringy. On the other hand they don't u too big and full either....hard line to walk!

It's nice not having to wear the man kini for sure lol.

Great advice my brothers, I am worried about the tattoos for sure, I heard the exact same thing, they told me it would not be to bad at the NPC level but it will be hell if I go any further!!! MY local gym actually is sponsoring me, not saying very much but they are providing a strength and conditioning coach, a diet and nutrition expert, and coach to help with posing and stage appearance and they have gave me $100 credit a month for supplements such as wheys and such!!! I guess I will start a log up soon and we will see how it goes, and thanks for all of your encouraging words!!!

Great advice my brothers, I am worried about the tattoos for sure, I heard the exact same thing, they told me it would not be to bad at the NPC level but it will be hell if I go any further!!! MY local gym actually is sponsoring me, not saying very much but they are providing a strength and conditioning coach, a diet and nutrition expert, and coach to help with posing and stage appearance and they have gave me $100 credit a month for supplements such as wheys and such!!! I guess I will start a log up soon and we will see how it goes, and thanks for all of your encouraging words!!!

Thats awesome of your gym to do that for you. Good luck man. Hope you do well. I sent you a pm about the show in NC

Back