• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Crock Pot recipes

Diesel618

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lay em on me bros. I've been lovin this slow cooker ever since I got it. I use it at least 3-4 times a week. I've pretty well mastered turkey breasts and beef roasts but my chicken breasts always come out dry and stringy. Any tips on getting good tender chicken breasts would be greatly appreciated as well. Btw, If anyone hasn't invested in a slow cooker yet it's a great change of pace from grilled and pan fried meats all the time. Throw your meat and veggies in the crock pot before you leave the house and throw some rice in the rice cooker and you've got two solid meals ready to eat as soon as you walk in the door after a long hard day. :winkfinger:

never heard about slow cooker,seems really nice :winkfinger:

It's great D, we got a nice one for our wedding. Makes cooking fun, better yet easy and the shit you can make is great

Diesel I have a slow cooker recipe in this section check it out. And if ya want any info or suggestions let me know. I do half my cooking in a crock pot and im down to help out mane.

Diesel I have a slow cooker recipe in this section check it out. And if ya want any info or suggestions let me know. I do half my cooking in a crock pot and im down to help out mane.

I have used a few... they were all bueno.

The easiest one I have is 6 chicken breast, 1 fajitas season pak, 1 jar of salsa for 8-10 hours

The easiest one I have is 6 chicken breast, 1 fajitas season pak, 1 jar of salsa for 8-10 hours

Go on... Do you shred the chicken after?

Its great how easy it is aint it. You literally can take the cheapest toughest cut of meat and make something really flavorful out of it with zero effort. Plus having leftovers to container up is always a plus.

You like tavern style pot roast DJ? Im working on one with sweet potatoes to see how it turns out.

Chicken, taco seasoning, bread and BOOM goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Are rice cookers worth it? Is this a stupid question?

Totally worth it. I usually layer 5lbs of breast in mine. Add seasoning with chicken broth and 8hrs later have the most tender chicken. I try not to flavor it too much as most of my meals are stir fried later with liquid aminos.

Are rice cookers worth it? Is this a stupid question?

I used the fuck out of mine on my diet. It's just so easy. Wake up and make some rice for a day or two while you shower and get ready

^what these guys said. Rice cookers are great. You can put rice, starches or veggies on and it will keep them from drying out but warm all day.

^what these guys said. Rice cookers are great. You can put rice, starches or veggies on and it will keep them from drying out but warm all day.

I usually only let it set in there for a few hours before I pull everything out and store it in the fridge.

Rice cookers are awesome!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The secret is to NOT use breasts in slow cookers. They lack collagen and fat, which means you're gonna get a terrible texture.

Use thighs instead! You'll get delicious, juicy, shreddable chicken meat that literally falls off the bone, and most of the fat rises to the top (you can save it for later and use the fat to fry potatoes in. Very delicious and an old-school method of cooking). You can also reduce the fat from thighs *significantly* by using skinless thighs or taking off the skin beforehand

Once you use thighs in the slow cooker, you're not gonna go back to breasts. Try bone-in, skinless, all the varieties of thigh until you find your favorite, and it'll become a weekly thing.

this^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

done with chickens tits.

i only use breasts in my slow cooker, 15lbs at a time. my normal day away from home is 12-14 hours so i have to let it cook over night. i keep it stupid simple. 1/4 cup of water total, then per 2lbs of chicken: 2tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of lime juice, 2 gloves of fresh minced garlic. pepper and a smokey mesquite seasoning. i skip the salt. cook for 8 hours, chicken falls apart with a fork every time

I came up with a new Panang Curry recipe. Chicken breast cubed, potatoes (sweet potatoes will work), carrots and a quality jazime rice on the side.:winkfinger:

I came up with a new Panang Curry recipe. Chicken breast cubed, potatoes (sweet potatoes will work), carrots and a quality jazime rice on the side.:winkfinger:

what makes it a curry? what's the cook time? i'll have to try that out on my next full carb day.

Get Shredded!

Any spices?

sounds good, are there any "known" brands of curry powder i should try to get vs others? i've never messed with curry (making it) my entire life before.

This sounds amazing rap. Hook it up with a recipe. Just bought a slow cooker

This sounds amazing rap. Hook it up with a recipe. Just bought a slow cooker

Ill get some rough estimates on messurements up for ya jeff:winkfinger: I eyeball almost everything but ill do my best. I made a thread in this section with a few recipes for the slow cooker. .. check it outs.

I'm about to try some sloe cooker recipes. First one is cooking the chicken in the slow cooker, shredding it, then adding taco seasoning. If I can find something I like out of the slow cooker it will make prep much easier!

I'm about to try some sloe cooker recipes. First one is cooking the chicken in the slow cooker, shredding it, then adding taco seasoning. If I can find something I like out of the slow cooker it will make prep much easier!

i would add the taco seasoning before hand. lets it totally absorb into the meat. i quarter or third all of my chicken breasts and they get flavor all the way through, completely noticeable when i shred it at every meal. if they're really thick i'll butterfly them as well.

i would add the taco seasoning before hand. lets it totally absorb into the meat. i quarter or third all of my chicken breasts and they get flavor all the way through, completely noticeable when i shred it at every meal. if they're really thick i'll butterfly them as well.

I'll give it a try man. Thanks for the input!

ne2ahyza.jpg

Great for cutting also. Chicken and seasoning over some red tators and a whole butt load of veggies.

Back