• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

HCG with testosterone cycle?

nate172

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Should I take hcg at 23 years old with a testosterone cycle to be safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you were 20 in another thread...

But, there are a lot of theories on hCG. Personally, I think it should be used in PCT, or when youre coming off.

I'm going to answer this as if I didn't see your age... When you say cycle, you need to be more specific..Cycle lengths and compound dosages will vary upon he individuals fitness level and goals.. There is no real definitive answer for this,, It comes down to a protocol that others use and swear by, or others will find it useless..
I suggest that its not necessary for shorter cycle durations, and its very necessary for longer cycles..

I'm 23 and I use. Just make sure that you don't abuse it and do proper pct you'll be fine. As far as taking hcg, depends on the cycle. I take it anyways just to play it safe.

20 is too young for sure. I waited till I was 23, that would be the absolute youngest I would say ok to. And for most people I would probably say just wait.

I'm 23 and on my first cycle doing test 300 twice a week for 12 weeks. I'm doing hcg twice a week week 1 through the end of pct just to be safe

I really like HCG in the last two weeks or so of the cycle. Lots of things can affect dose, frequency and longevity of use, but for the average AAS user, two weekly shots of 500iu for two weeks before PCT is plenty to kick start the process.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm 23 and on my first cycle doing test 300 twice a week for 12 weeks. I'm doing hcg twice a week week 1 through the end of pct just to be safe

300 a week of test? Dude, bump that shit up. And you do know that hcg long term use desensitizes right? So youre running hcg for 18 weeks im assuming? I wouldnt even go passed 8...

Sent using Tapatren, the next gen in aas boarding. Avatar is Bailey Jay...

300 a week of test? Dude, bump that shit up. And you do know that hcg long term use desensitizes right? So youre running hcg for 18 weeks im assuming? I wouldnt even go passed 8...

300mgs is not sufficient enough? 300mgs for any beginner,and especially someone at his age is more than sufficient!

I thought he meant 300 twice a week, so test at 600 weekly. Any delineation, Nate?

The HCG duration is too long, though.

300mgs is not sufficient enough? 300mgs for any beginner,and especially someone at his age is more than sufficient!

Agree. More is not better. 300/wk is plenty especially at 23.

HCG is only used to maintain some testicular volume. I've heard of a few docs prescribing it with TRT and I've tried it myself at a small dose for 6 weeks. I liked it but like someone else said, it can desensitize LH over time making your PCT take longer and possibly more complicated.

Nate, if you really are 20, take it from someone who started with Andro and SD when he was in his early 20's. You're gonna end up on HRT for the rest of your life! I know this because I did it. Don't tell me your smarter and it won't happen to you either because if that was the case, you'd wait till you were 25.

Everyone on this forum is going to tell you the same thing! If you want bro-science and bullshit, find another board! These motherfuckers know their shit!

LISTEN TO THEM!

Reach for your genetic peak. Only then should you consider doing chems. If you're not getting big, learn more. Even with chems, a bad workout routine and split is still a bad workout and split. If I knew then what I know now, I would have been clean and on stage by 25 without a doubt in my mind!

Agree. More is not better. 300/wk is plenty especially at 23.

HCG is only used to maintain some testicular volume. I've heard of a few docs prescribing it with TRT and I've tried it myself at a small dose for 6 weeks. I liked it but like someone else said, it can desensitize LH over time making your PCT take longer and possibly more complicated.

Nate, if you really are 20, take it from someone who started with Andro and SD when he was in his early 20's. You're gonna end up on HRT for the rest of your life! I know this because I did it. Don't tell me your smarter and it won't happen to you either because if that was the case, you'd wait till you were 25.

Everyone on this forum is going to tell you the same thing! If you want bro-science and bullshit, find another board! These motherfuckers know their shit!

LISTEN TO THEM!

Reach for your genetic peak. Only then should you consider doing chems. If you're not getting big, learn more. Even with chems, a bad workout routine and split is still a bad workout and split. If I knew then what I know now, I would have been clean and on stage by 25 without a doubt in my mind!

on the subject of desensitization, i don't think that will be a problem with that dose or duration. see here --> http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/156877-hcg-desensitization-does-exist.html

"Steroidogenic responsiveness to long term hCG administration (1500 U three times a week for 23 months) was characterized in 8 males with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH). During hCG treatment, testosterone (T), which was in the prepuberal range under basal conditions, rose considerably to the upper end of the normal range and remained at that level during the 23 months of observation. A 2.5-fold increase was observed in serum levels of 17{beta}-estradiol (E2) an increment less than seen with T. The increment in 17{alpha}-hydroxyprogesterone was also lower than that in T throughout the study; thus, the 17{alpha}-hydroxyprogesterone to T ratio, despite continuous hCG administration, remained low. Serum androstenedione was slightly increased during hCG therapy. No significant changes were observed in serum levels of dehydroepiandrosterone. These data indicate that continuous long term hCG administration stimulated T levels in HH, with a relatively small change in E2. The kinetics of the T and E2 responses to 2000 U hCG, evaluated after 23 months of therapy, indicated that the testicular response was markedly reduced. No increment in T levels was observed at 24 h; the maximal response occurred at 48 h. This pattern of T response supports the idea that partial testicular desensitization occurs in HH patients receiving chronic treatment with hCG.

23 months (~90 weeks) of 4500 iu per week and only partial desensitization. i think that 12 weeks doing 250iu twice a week should be fine based on the info above.

on the subject of desensitization, i don't think that will be a problem with that dose or duration. see here --> http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/156877-hcg-desensitization-does-exist.html

"Steroidogenic responsiveness to long term hCG administration (1500 U three times a week for 23 months) was characterized in 8 males with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH). During hCG treatment, testosterone (T), which was in the prepuberal range under basal conditions, rose considerably to the upper end of the normal range and remained at that level during the 23 months of observation. A 2.5-fold increase was observed in serum levels of 17{beta}-estradiol (E2) an increment less than seen with T. The increment in 17{alpha}-hydroxyprogesterone was also lower than that in T throughout the study; thus, the 17{alpha}-hydroxyprogesterone to T ratio, despite continuous hCG administration, remained low. Serum androstenedione was slightly increased during hCG therapy. No significant changes were observed in serum levels of dehydroepiandrosterone. These data indicate that continuous long term hCG administration stimulated T levels in HH, with a relatively small change in E2. The kinetics of the T and E2 responses to 2000 U hCG, evaluated after 23 months of therapy, indicated that the testicular response was markedly reduced. No increment in T levels was observed at 24 h; the maximal response occurred at 48 h. This pattern of T response supports the idea that partial testicular desensitization occurs in HH patients receiving chronic treatment with hCG.

23 months (~90 weeks) of 4500 iu per week and only partial desensitization. i think that 12 weeks doing 250iu twice a week should be fine based on the info above.

I learn something almost every day on this board. What I figured was common sense was bro science. I'm curious as to other factors, like had their receptors been exposed to unnatural conditions before this? Are we more apt to experience desensitization if HCG has been administered in shorter duration but many, many more times? Just some variables I think may add another dimension to this information.

the test subjects all had hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (secondary hypogonadism). since the test subjects had problems producing LH, the hCG was acting as an analog causing the testes to produce test, thus treating the hypogonadism.

i think the real question is, "how does intermittent hCG uses affect the pituitary's ability to produce LH?"

Last edited:
^^interesting questions. Def worth looking into. The study I had read felt with the same dosage (edit) over a shorter period. The result after secession was an extra week or two before LH reached its full impact again. I wish I could find the link to cite.

Well from what that article suggests, it wont hurt.

Until a study comes out comparing those on 12w of test using hcg only in pct vs 12w of test using hcg throughout and in pct, its gonna be bro science. For me? I do not understand trying to flip an on switch when your switch is off from test. When you get off the test, blast that shit to turn it on and keep it on!

Get Shredded!
Ive taken HCG both while on and only for 2-3 weeks at beginning of PCT. Both ways worked, i couldnt tell wich worked better. But i would say as others have, use HCG for PCT once AAS has cleared your system for short cycles, and for long cycles start using 250-500 iu once every 7-10 days while on ,starting in the 2-3 week of AAS use. Just to be safe.
And WTF. What ever you guys do, dont search for pics of this Dude 123's Avatar on google images. Bailey Jay has a pecker. Thats fucked up.

. . . And WTF. What ever you guys do, dont search for pics of this Dude 123's Avatar on google images. Bailey Jay has a pecker. Thats fucked up.

epic lulz!! rep's your way your123man!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to your123man again."

^this message angers me. . .

Do you have any evidence on the desensitization? My TRT doc suddenly wants to use more HCG and less test, so proof of why this sucis would be good.

Sent from the Planet Fitness holding cell because I asked to use the squat rack.

At what point should I start my hcg with a testosterone cycle? During cycle or only post cycle, if I want to do this cycle in the safest fashion possible?

At what point should I start my hcg with a testosterone cycle? During cycle or only post cycle, if I want to do this cycle in the safest fashion possible?

I, and I think most members, would need more information. Age, health, cycles under your belt, duration of this cycle, dosages, sides so far, etc.

As a rule of thumb, I would start HCG equidistant from the end of your cycle as PCT will begin, taking half lives into account. So, 12 week cycle of test e 500 weekly, pct will start about 14 days from last injection, so HCG two weeks before last injection. Use for as long as you see fit, generally to include at least the first week of pct.

Back