• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bloods Came Back Today...TRT Advice?

Burrfoot1313

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Well, it's happening. My blood work came back today and my Test is at a whopping 274:-/

Here's a little background. I'm 33 years old and have completed a total of 3 cycles. My last cycle was 600mgs Tren E / 250mgs Test E for 12 weeks. 2 weeks off then 4 weeks of PCT. Tomorrow will be my 9th week since my last PCT pill.

The office called and said that they would like me to come in 2 weeks for one more blood test. Normal test levels are somewhere between 250 - 800 so I'm obviously low. They said if I'm still low in 2 weeks then we can discuss TRT and that they could justify it to my insurance. I don't know how to feel about this. Any advice? I was going to start a bulk cycle next week but obviously, that's on hold. Thanks.

Also, real quick...I got to thinking. I truly believe my Test has been low my whole life looking back. I lifted pretty hard for sometimes a year or two at a time without great results. Maybe this is why? Also, I've battled depression on and off for a long long time and the medicaitons that I've been given over the years have done nothing. Maybe this contributes to that as well? IDK When I'm on cycle I feel great. Thanks.

You pretty much nailed it. Sounds familiar to a lot of low T symptoms and experiences here and elsewhere including mine except I hadn't done any cycles. Since you had cycled are you going to try another round to try a restart or going straight to the TRT? Did you ever have a baseline before cycling? I think about every TRT patient I've seen post had their docs shoveling bushelfulls of antidepressants without ever thinking it could be hormone related. Afterall, steroids are so dangerous and psych meds are so pedestrian.

You pretty much nailed it. Sounds familiar to a lot of low T symptoms and experiences here and elsewhere including mine except I hadn't done any cycles. Since you had cycled are you going to try another round to try a restart or going straight to the TRT? Did you ever have a baseline before cycling? I think about every TRT patient I've seen post had their docs shoveling bushelfulls of antidepressants without ever thinking it could be hormone related. Afterall, steroids are so dangerous and psych meds are so pedestrian.

Never had a baseline unfortunately:-/ I don't want to start another cycle until they take one more sample in two weeks. I believe, but this is pure speculation, that although my Test has probably been low my whole life...it should be better than 274. Right? I mean, am I a female cyclist for fuck sake? I could be wrong but since I'm only 9 weeks out of PCT, shouldn't it still be going up?

I guess my question is this...it seems that I'm half way to getting a pharm Test prescription, wouldn't it be a good idea to keep this thing going until I get it even if I don't technically need it yet? They don't know that I've cycled so in their eyes, my Test is just low. But then again, this very well could be as high as it's going to go. I just don't know.

I've been on SO many medications to try and combat depression to no avail, when I think that it could have been hormonal all along pisses me off. Quacks with their godamn Prozac. Shoulda been givin me gear. lol

Before the Doctor writes you a script he might give you a shot in his office and then have you do another blood test to see how you responded. Keep that in mind as you figure out when you want to start your next cycle. Then after that second blood test me may actually have you do another one in about a month or 2 after he writes you the script (if you do get a script) so he can get another look at how your doing. That's what happened to me and it threw a monkey wrench into my plans for about 3 months until I was finally able to blast again...It was worth it though cuz the test cyp from Watson is priceless even if I can only get 1 bottle every 2 months...Yummy stuff

Before the Doctor writes you a script he might give you a shot in his office and then have you do another blood test to see how you responded. Keep that in mind as you figure out when you want to start your next cycle. Then after that second blood test me may actually have you do another one in about a month or 2 after he writes you the script (if you do get a script) so he can get another look at how your doing. That's what happened to me and it threw a monkey wrench into my plans for about 3 months until I was finally able to blast again...It was worth it though cuz the test cyp from Watson is priceless even if I can only get 1 bottle every 2 months...Yummy stuff

What are your doses? Do you go into total atrophy at that point? Does it eliminate the possibility of having kids?

What are your doses? Do you go into total atrophy at that point? Does it eliminate the possibility of having kids?
Testes will go dormant in 8-16 weeks. You can keep them lively including stimulating fertility with hCG.

Testes will go dormant in 8-16 weeks. You can keep them lively including stimulating fertility with hCG.

That's good bc if I have to tell me gf we can't ever have kids, she'd probably cut my throat.

My dose is currently 200mg EW but it took some real work to manipulate the labs to make it appear that 200mg EOW wasn't working like it should have been (I'll leave it at that).....as far as kids go is it possible? Well yes it's possible but here's a direct quote from a Harvard Medical School Publication (and they seem like pretty smart people so I'd tend to believe them....lol):

men should be aware that their use of testosterone may have the effect of depressing or shutting off the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, which govern the production of sperm. In most cases, if you stop using these substances, sperm production eventually returns to normal, although it can take at least one full cycle of sperm production—seventy-four days—before most sperm are healthy and show up in normal amounts in your semen.

So there you go as far as kids go I wouldn't really sweat it

Restoring your fertilizing by just stopping isn't guaranteed as the Harvard guys do hedge there, note their use of "in most cases". If your LH doesn't come back online, neither will your testes. Fortunately your backup is to trick the testes with hCG which mimics LH close enough for your testes to produce - still, not 100% guarantee of numbers for fertility.

You're probably ok either coming off or using hCG (or combination thereof) but at your age if kids are super important you might consider a backup plan including freezing. Just a thought. Most of the anecdotal evidence you'll hear is "hey, you'll be fine, I had kids" "so and so had kids" etc, but anecdotal evidence is like that, especially when 99% or 95 or whatever of the time it's true. Not trying to freak you out but you should consider these things as they apply to you.

What are your doses?

Different doses in different people will result in different levels of TT, free T, etc, how you feel, and also what target you and your doctor are aiming for for a healthy level with good QOL for you will factor on the target range. More important is probably the frequency just as you're used to managing. Dosage might be something like 75-175mg a week once you reach equilibrium. If you feel good on it and hit your target it's just a number.

Some me interesting conversations ahead for you when they talk about injecting and seeing if your doc will prescribe for self inject as I'm sure you're MORE than willing to and educated on the topic.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey brother, got your text earlier. Just now getting to my comp. Sorry about the low results. It sucks, I also have low T. When I was 28 I went to the Doc for bloodwork. Was always tired, depressed, no sex drive. Tests came back with Low T, score was below 200! Yikes. Insurance wouldn't cover it, and I couldn't afford it so I went on with my miserable life. That is until I started cycling about 3 yrs ago. Now I feel and look like a new man. Yes PCT sucks and I want to jump off the top of my gym. But that goes with the territory. I'm 36 now and plan on blast n cruise until I die or stop working out.

Don't be too down brother, its only temporary. Once you get back on, you're gonna feel a whole lot better.

Hey brother, got your text earlier. Just now getting to my comp. Sorry about the low results. It sucks, I also have low T. When I was 28 I went to the Doc for bloodwork. Was always tired, depressed, no sex drive. Tests came back with Low T, score was below 200! Yikes. Insurance wouldn't cover it, and I couldn't afford it so I went on with my miserable life. That is until I started cycling about 3 yrs ago. Now I feel and look like a new man. Yes PCT sucks and I want to jump off the top of my gym. But that goes with the territory. I'm 36 now and plan on blast n cruise until I die or stop working out.

Don't be too down brother, its only temporary. Once you get back on, you're gonna feel a whole lot better.

Thanks. Sucks man, that's how I feel. My count is about as low as yours was. Hard to find the motivation to do anything. It'll be alright though like you said. Here's how I basically see it. Either they'll prescribe some therapy OR I'll continue to get it myself. Either way, I should be fine. (doesn't mean I'm doing legs though.)

Hey Maj. You never detailed your pct. Standard nolva? Pct does not always work.... But at this point I would get your blood redrawn. If it's still too low let them write you a script and get your test back in the normal range. Once that is established, then you can consider doing another cycle. I would try running hcg throughout the cycle, then at the end do the standard pct and do NOT take your TRT dose. THEN, I would go get your own blood work thru Private MD labs and see where your natural test is at. This whole process is going to take a while so be patient. If it's still low, then I would say your normal testosterone levels are truly low and not caused from aas use.

I didn't see this mentioned, or I may have overlooked it, but most docs prescribe the gel first, I had to jump thru hoops to get the injectable, then had to see an endo to keep it going, and they wanted to do bloods on a regular basis, so hitting it the way I wanted to was hard almost impossible, so I just ended up using that place in Florida Palm beach rejuvenation, I had to do it legally at that time back then I had to see my PO on a regular basis

When I was doing it they usually like to test every 6 months, except in the beginning they recheck after 4 weeks to make sure the dose is correct. So you do need to time your cycles, which is a pain in the ass.

Hey Maj. You never detailed your pct. Standard nolva?

Clomid 100 first 3 days 75/50/50/25
Aromasin 25/25/12.5/12.5

Hearing about what a pain in the ass this can be...I'm starting to rethink doing it now. We'll see what they say after my next blood draw. If they wanna try the gel and all that bullshit, I don't think it's worth it at the moment. But the doctor is swole and helps my gf's brother with his cycles so I have a feeling he'll play ball.

If gel is mentioned just say no. I doubt it'll be an issue. Plenty of reasons why you wouldn't want it (transfer, cost, dosing). My doctor never even mentioned gel, actually I think he thought bringing up the subject that treatment would be by injections would scare me away.

Maybe you can put it off a while yet; even try a more aggressive pct next time (hcg blast,, nova+clomid combo). And see how the numbers are.

Thanks for all the solid advice dudes. I'll keep you posted. If my Test gets any lower I'm gonna have to start wearing a dress. Go by Ms. Majere. Start clipping coupons.

Get Shredded!
Well, it's happening. My blood work came back today and my Test is at a whopping 274:-/

Here's a little background. I'm 33 years old and have completed a total of 3 cycles. My last cycle was 600mgs Tren E / 250mgs Test E for 12 weeks. 2 weeks off then 4 weeks of PCT. Tomorrow will be my 9th week since my last PCT pill.

The office called and said that they would like me to come in 2 weeks for one more blood test. Normal test levels are somewhere between 250 - 800 so I'm obviously low. They said if I'm still low in 2 weeks then we can discuss TRT and that they could justify it to my insurance. I don't know how to feel about this. Any advice? I was going to start a bulk cycle next week but obviously, that's on hold. Thanks.

Also, real quick...I got to thinking. I truly believe my Test has been low my whole life looking back. I lifted pretty hard for sometimes a year or two at a time without great results. Maybe this is why? Also, I've battled depression on and off for a long long time and the medicaitons that I've been given over the years have done nothing. Maybe this contributes to that as well? IDK When I'm on cycle I feel great. Thanks.

Right there with you!!! Have battled weight gain, depression my whole life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Got another blood test on the 3rd. We'll see what's up. Sucks bc it's delaying my cycle. Got a whole bathroom full of gear ready to go.

Got my second round of bloods down today. If it's still low we'll start talkin TR. Should have the results in a couple days. No whammy no whammy no whammyyyyyyy....STOP!!

My Test went DOWN from 275 to 259 in 3 weeks. Wtf. They wrote me a script for 30mgs of Androgel a week. I'm going in Monday to ask for Cyp. I think he'll give it to me. The doctor is swole as fuck and writes scripts for all kinds of shot to my gf and her brother. My Test levels are embarrassing. I bet they always have been. No wonder I couldn't ever get huge and have always been depressed. Bunk.

My Test went DOWN from 275 to 259 in 3 weeks. Wtf. They wrote me a script for 30mgs of Androgel a week. I'm going in Monday to ask for Cyp. I think he'll give it to me. The doctor is swole as fuck and writes scripts for all kinds of shot to my gf and her brother. My Test levels are embarrassing. I bet they always have been. No wonder I couldn't ever get huge and have always been depressed. Bunk.

Tell him you like getting rubdowns from your g/f and don't want the gel rubbing off onto her because she won't look as sexy with a beard.

sent from an unknown base inside a secret area where the moon landing was filmed.

Fingers crossed buddy! Let's hope Dr. Swole writes you a script. Then you will be set.

I think Dr. Feelgood will come through. 30 mgs of Test a week?! That's just enough to do absolutely nothing.

Tell him you like getting rubdowns from your g/f and don't want the gel rubbing off onto her because she won't look as sexy with a beard.

sent from an unknown base inside a secret area where the moon landing was filmed.

Good idea.

Back