• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

21's Does Anyone Do Em

Abombs

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
21's does anyone do these anymore? I love doing 21's for Bi's and Tri's it's a great pumping exercise to really cook those arms. I'll do 3 sets of these on occasion after my regular workout is complete to totally shock my arms. I like doing mine using cables to keep constant stress on the muscle group. For anyone who might not know what they are they are pretty simple to do. . If you were doing Biceps you'd simply start with your arms fully extended and do a half rep stopping when your arms are parallel to the ground, and then return to the fully extended postion...Then repeat this half motion until you have 7 Reps.....Next do a full rep pausing at the top squeezing the biceps and then lower half way until once again your arms are parallel to the ground...Hold it and then return to the top position and repeat until you have 7 reps...Once that's done do 7 full curls and your done....That's one set of 21's....Now give me 2 more sets of that and tell me how those biceps feel......Burn em

I don't think anyone around here actually works out abomb.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone around here actually works out abombs. Sorry

been doing those babies for years.....I like how you don't need a really heavy weight to get the job done and the pump is still incredible... 3 sets of 21's is a killer for curls with strict form hah

I dont know what to call these but ill explain. You need a curl bar, 10 5lb plates and a partner. You start with just the bar for 7 reps then your partner adds 5lbs to each side and rep that for 7 all the way till you have all the plates on the bar then you work your way back down. By the end that bar feels like it weighs 150 pounds

I dont know what to call these but ill explain. You need a curl bar, 10 5lb plates and a partner. You start with just the bar for 7 reps then your partner adds 5lbs to each side and rep that for 7 all the way till you have all the plates on the bar then you work your way back down. By the end that bar feels like it weighs 150 pounds

Done that many times and love the pump ...Also 21's are great but I havnt done em in a loooong time

You call those - No More

Cuz when your done with a single set you walk away going NO MORE I'm Done

i do them all the time , dropset style...

I don't do 21's...I just run the rack. Start with 30's for 10 reps, then 25's for 10 reps...all the way down to 12.5. No rest, just put one set down, pick up the next set. I look like a puss when I'm struggling with 15's lol.

I tend to forget about them but they're a nice solid addition I like them as a finisher on bi's tris. Sometimes i throw them in on reverse ez bar cur for them there forearms. good stuff. good reminder.

I love 21's and do them or something similar every couple workouts . Sometimes as the last sets for a muscle or sometimes I do them as the FIRST movement and then continue on with the heavy reg sets for that muscle . Insane pump and failure . It is somewhat like FST-7 training which I really like , especially FST-7 2.0 where you do a single joint exersize for seven sets , 30 sec rest between , then do your reg heavy movements reg set style and finish with a compound movement 7 set style 30 -60 sec rest . I have had bicep pumps last for a day and a half after this . Brutal !

Haven't done them in years but they're great! Gonna throw them in next week to try to shock my bis and maybe do em for tris too

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

been doing those babies for years.....I like how you don't need a really heavy weight to get the job done and the pump is still incredible... 3 sets of 21's is a killer for curls with strict form hah

Totally agree there. The pump is insane. Makes scratching your head even more difficult

I haven't done these since early days... I lift till failure and don't count reps, my intensity and volume is so high, that there's little to no need for these when I'm done..I'll clean up with some hammers and pinwheels for a pump before leaving the building, Light weight and take what I need till failure...

I haven't done these since early days... I lift till failure and don't count reps, my intensity and volume is so high, that there's little to no need for these when I'm done..I'll clean up with some hammers and pinwheels for a pump before leaving the building, Light weight and take what I need till failure...
Aw c'mon Vision.... let's do some 21s together!! ;)

Last edited:
Aw c'mon Vision.... let's do some 21s together!! ;)
Take some Sciroxx dbols, I bet the pumps will make you stop short and you'll be calling them 14' instead...haa

in that exact order too..

Light weight! That's where its at when it comes to arms. Love going light and curling til I can't curl anymore. I also go light on tricep pushdowns.

Light weight! That's where its at when it comes to arms. Love going light and curling til I can't curl anymore. I also go light on tricep pushdowns.

All day.. I pull a Jay Cutler and burn/pump the bis on light hammers till I cry...

One a month for the very last set. Wraps up the bicep workout with a good pump.

I love 21z at the end of workouts also but I have not tried them on a cable. The cable does sound a little better for 21z though. I think either way the pump is going to come. Thanks for bringing 21z to the forefront

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do them on chest and biceps. 7 full chest reps, then 7 to hit the triceps at the top, then 7 from chest to mid

Love them on biceps with light weight with little rest in between.

Back