• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Weight belts

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok so am I the only one who uses a weight belt when lifting? I’ve noticed at my gym that literally no one uses them even for heavy lifting. Did I miss something somewhere that they were bad for you or am I just an old school pussy?

I used a belt on heavy squats and deadlifts but that's it.

I did however use the Abdominal Pressure trick on bench press, wearing a belt very high up on the top of the abs easily gives you 10-20lbs on a max lift.

So am I somehow making certain muscles weaker by wearing it for most exercises? Thats what I was told happens anyway.

I used a belt on heavy squats and deadlifts but that's it.

I did however use the Abdominal Pressure trick on bench press, wearing a belt very high up on the top of the abs easily gives you 10-20lbs on a max lift.

I wear mine on pull day and legs but only for certain things, not the entire session.

For pull day ill wear them for any type of row and deads.

On leg day I'll wear them during hacks, Squats and rdls.

I only wear the belt during my top sets too, unless, it's a pull day and every exercise is a row in which case I leave it on.

I don’t wear one, but in 50’s and don’t do the weight you guys probably do (415 squat and then not so heavy deads or bench). More women wear then men in my gym… they like to hide the pouch

I actually just started wearing one for the first time in my life. About a month or two ago I was t bar rowing and fucked my back up for a week straight. So I went right out and bought a belt and wear it for rows and squats and rack pulls… so far so good.

fuck peoples opinions bro… longevity is the key

So am I somehow making certain muscles weaker by wearing it for most exercises? Thats what I was told happens anyway.
You can become reliant on the belt to support your core. Or at least that's the thought...

I would just wear it on your top sets when your back might be compromised but if you want to wear it all the time, I don't think it will hurt anything.

I don’t wear one, but in 50’s and don’t do the weight you guys probably do (415 squat and then not so heavy deads or bench). More women wear then men in my gym… they like to hide the pouch
It cracks me up that a guy in his 50s cranking out reps in the squat rack with four plates and a five pounder on each side of the bar without a belt thinks his lifting is somehow inferior to most of us here ("don't do the weight you guys probably do") . . .

50s or not, you'd be one of the strongest guys in my gym, and many guys stop squatting that kind of weight in their fifties even if they used to squat with it regularly when they were younger.

Unless this is fake humility, you don't realize what a feat you are accomplishing every time you crawl under the bar at your age.

It cracks me up that a guy in his 50s cranking out reps in the squat rack with four plates and a five pounder on each side of the bar without a belt thinks his lifting is somehow inferior to most of us here ("don't do the weight you guys probably do") . . .

50s or not, you'd be one of the strongest guys in my gym, and many guys stop squatting that kind of weight in their fifties even if they used to squat with it regularly when they were younger.

Unless this is fake humility, you don't realize what a feat you are accomplishing every time you crawl under the bar at your age.
If I saw an old geezer like yall banging 4 plates in the squat rack I would ask him for advice lol.

IML Gear Cream!
Top sets when in PR range, or if I'm getting a dreaded back pump and I have a set or two I'll toss it on.

Thanks bro… I guess my gym has some squat monsters as I just figured most on this forum probably well exceed that. 415 is my top set only a couple reps. My legs by far strongest body part. I should wear a belt but never got used to one.

If I saw an old geezer like yall banging 4 plates in the squat rack I would ask him for advice lol.

My advice (if you’re an old geezer) would be to pray you get through another injury-free leg day and make it to the next

Back