• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Barbells or Dumbells if you could only have one!

IML Gear Cream!
Barbells (because of all the Ext. products like landmines,etc) I am looking at the Swiss Bars ...very cool to use but; I have never integrated into my workouts. Would be a nice add on to the Rogue Rack .

Max
Btw- my brother got the Nuobell Dumbbells w rack and likes them a lot.

I love my landmine. With the attachments I have I can hit almost everything using just a landmine. I found using the Viking handle for shrugs on the landmine is better than using the hex bar because it restricts front to back movement (which has caused me a slight injury awhile back). Farmers squats, shoulder press, hack squats, meadows rows, kneeling incline chest push, lunges, etc…

the more I think about it tho, I need both DBs and barbells otherwise lifting would be too boring. The other day I brought back sissy squats into my routine and I’m walking like a constipated duck today. Oh how I’ve missed the DOMS!

I love my landmine. With the attachments I have I can hit almost everything using just a landmine. I found using the Viking handle for shrugs on the landmine is better than using the hex bar because it restricts front to back movement (which has caused me a slight injury awhile back). Farmers squats, shoulder press, hack squats, meadows rows, kneeling incline chest push, lunges, etc…

the more I think about it tho, I need both DBs and barbells otherwise lifting would be too boring. The other day I brought back sissy squats into my routine and I’m walking like a constipated duck today. Oh how I’ve missed the DOMS!

I finally got five more attachments...ridiculous prices. One thing I am waiting on is the attachments that I am choosing for my Spud inc. upper/lower pulley system. Small studio , so it was the best choice even though I literally wanted to just buy ala carte. I am looking at the Mag style grips or Back Widow or a multi pack of hand/bar attachments. It is all gonna depend on how the length works with each in the room. I do have 11ft ceilings and the Rogue R3 Rack is 7’6” . I can just see more purchases coming. I hear when you load up the weight; it can swing a bit so; I am reading up on any tricks to stop that(other than lift slowly) which I don’t want to always do. Seems basic; yet Everytime I go and buy something; it’s $1,000! Lol . Landmine and Matador Dip Attachment get a lot of use. (Prices are even higher for bumber plate sets)*.

Max

I got a nice dip attachment that I can’t fit on my power rack so I took a 4x4 and screwed it to the wall and attached it to that. It’s out of the way and it works but I don’t trust it lol. Everytime I’m using it I’m anticipating ripping the wall down haha

the back widow looks great. I’ve wanted one for a long time but my cable system (two towers) wouldn’t work well with it. I don’t think.

I got a tbar attachment for the land mine that helps me with form which is great. Felt like I ripped my spine out a couple months ago, took forever to heal

Here you can see what I mean lol.

the Viking handle and two row handle landmine attachments are there too.

Attachments

• 44886130-2E14-404B-B590-057992D0D5F4.jpeg
    44886130-2E14-404B-B590-057992D0D5F4.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 37
Here you can see what I mean lol.

the Viking handle and two row handle landmine attachments are there too.

You might screw some metal plates on to the sides of that 4x4 just below your pin hole. That way it is less likely to split the grain. And if it does split, it may not be a catastrophic split.

Edit to add link:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-Steel-Painted-Post-Base-Common-4-in-Actual-3-in/3030292

^ Something like that and mount it just below your pin hole.

Last edited:
You might screw some metal plates on to the sides of that 4x4 just below your pin hole. That way it is less likely to split the grain. And if it does split, it may not be a catastrophic split.

Edit to add link:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-Steel-Painted-Post-Base-Common-4-in-Actual-3-in/3030292

^ Something like that and mount it just below your pin hole.
ok man thanks. What about where I screwed the 1x6 into my wall (top and bottom of the 4x4 (which is actually two 2x4 attached because I couldn’t get a proper fit with the 4x4)). That’s where I’m sketched out the most about any damage.

- - - Updated - - -

That steel post base is a great idea, why can’t I ever think of shit like that lol

ok man thanks. What about where I screwed the 1x6 into my wall (top and bottom of the 4x4 (which is actually two 2x4 attached because I couldn’t get a proper fit with the 4x4)). That’s where I’m sketched out the most about any damage.

- - - Updated - - -

That steel post base is a great idea, why can’t I ever think of shit like that lol

I've got a few more years of redneck engineering than you do, that's all. :roflmao: The wife actually uses it as a verb in our house..."You're not rednecking this are you?" FYI...the answer is always "no" even if it's "yes". I'm a master at using Lowes supplies for everything but what they were intended.

I'd be a little sketched by the 1x6. Yes, most of your weight is directed downward through the post itself. But there will be a fair amount of outward force (pulling away from the wall) when you're using it. I can't tell by the pic, but is the 1x6 MDF? Because I would definitely *not* trust MDF.

Oh yeah, predrill all your holes to help prevent splitting from screws on this.

Last edited:
I've got a few more years of redneck engineering than you do, that's all. :roflmao: The wife actually uses it as a verb in our house..."You're not rednecking this are you?" FYI...the answer is always "no" even if it's "yes". I'm a master at using Lowes supplies for everything but what they were intended.

I'd be a little sketched by the 1x6. Yes, most of your weight is directed downward through the post itself. But there will be a fair amount of outward force (pulling away from the wall) when you're using it. I can't tell by the pic, but is the 1x6 MDF? Because I would definitely *not* trust MDF.

Oh yeah, predrill all your holes to help prevent splitting from screws on this.

1x6 deck boards (pressure treated and painted with exterior kilz) leftover from a different project lol. Rednecking, I like it. Give me another ten years and I’ll be at the multislacking rednecking level. I know what you mean about using stuff not intended lol that’s my whole life I think

I don’t think I pre drilled the holes into my wall studs … *cough cough*

When I get bored some weekend I’ll put my engineering skills to the test again and see if I can’t figure something a little better out.

I finally got five more attachments...ridiculous prices. One thing I am waiting on is the attachments that I am choosing for my Spud inc. upper/lower pulley system. Small studio , so it was the best choice even though I literally wanted to just buy ala carte. I am looking at the Mag style grips or Back Widow or a multi pack of hand/bar attachments. It is all gonna depend on how the length works with each in the room. I do have 11ft ceilings and the Rogue R3 Rack is 7’6” . I can just see more purchases coming. I hear when you load up the weight; it can swing a bit so; I am reading up on any tricks to stop that(other than lift slowly) which I don’t want to always do. Seems basic; yet Everytime I go and buy something; it’s $1,000! Lol . Landmine and Matador Dip Attachment get a lot of use. (Prices are even higher for bumber plate sets)*.

Max

I can't speak on the Back Widow, but the Mag Grips are excellent. When I first started using them, there were sore spots in my lats that I had never felt before.

I can't speak on the Back Widow, but the Mag Grips are excellent. When I first started using them, there were sore spots in my lats that I had never felt before.

Yeah, OMG! I had a chance to use a guys set a few times and I was instantly in love ! They are a helluva Product and I won’t take a chance on some knockoffs cuz you know they just aren’t made right. I got lucky w my adjustable dumbbells because I knew that they made a large US brand name before they sprouted their company. I’d love to see a Pittsburgh Steel Rival to Rogue ; or any USA high grade material company. They keep getting more fancy and Colorful Tubular looking ! I broke 4 lime presses from Stores like Target ...in half! I went to a Restaurant Supply Co and bought :
1 - Lemon/Lime STEEL press
1 - Steel Counter amounted Potato Press (same as IN n Out or Five Guys .

I make hella potatoes (every color/type) and Roast ; now Air fry as well! . Simple high Grade simple Products that last Forever. I can’t count how many household appliances/electronics break right at the 36-37 month mark . 7 appliances in 3 mo period !! Wish I had AHS , but my luck , they’d just scam me too! I am done completely and forever with SAMSUNG. LG has lasted the distance and I like them. My brother will hate me as he bought one of the ridiculous TV’s when they came out like 2 years ago . Now I’m gonna eat another meal and shop ! . Gotta train!

Max

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
Yeah, OMG! I had a chance to use a guys set a few times and I was instantly in love ! They are a helluva Product and I won’t take a chance on some knockoffs cuz you know they just aren’t made right. I got lucky w my adjustable dumbbells because I knew that they made a large US brand name before they sprouted their company. I’d love to see a Pittsburgh Steel Rival to Rogue ; or any USA high grade material company. They keep getting more fancy and Colorful Tubular looking ! I broke 4 lime presses from Stores like Target ...in half! I went to a Restaurant Supply Co and bought :
1 - Lemon/Lime STEEL press
1 - Steel Counter amounted Potato Press (same as IN n Out or Five Guys .

I make hella potatoes (every color/type) and Roast ; now Air fry as well! . Simple high Grade simple Products that last Forever. I can’t count how many household appliances/electronics break right at the 36-37 month mark . 7 appliances in 3 mo period !! Wish I had AHS , but my luck , they’d just scam me too! I am done completely and forever with SAMSUNG. LG has lasted the distance and I like them. My brother will hate me as he bought one of the ridiculous TV’s when they came out like 2 years ago . Now I’m gonna eat another meal and shop ! . Gotta train!

Max

That's no doubt on the low quality of most products today. When I was a kid, my parents used appliances they bought in the sixties and used them well into the
eighties when I graduated high school. Now it seems I'm lucky to get ten years out of a refrigerator.

As far as the op's question on BB vs. DB, I think I would go with DB's. A person will not be able to do the mass building compound lifts like with a BB, but the DB's give a lot of variety.
If I were younger, I would probably choose BB.

Back to the attachments, the Prime RO-T8 4N1 looks good too. You get all of the different grip positions on one bar. It's worth looking at if someone was looking for that style bar.

That's no doubt on the low quality of most products today. When I was a kid, my parents used appliances they bought in the sixties and used them well into the
eighties when I graduated high school. Now it seems I'm lucky to get ten years out of a refrigerator.

As far as the op's question on BB vs. DB, I think I would go with DB's. A person will not be able to do the mass building compound lifts like with a BB, but the DB's give a lot of variety.
If I were younger, I would probably choose BB.

Back to the attachments, the Prime RO-T8 4N1 looks good too. You get all of the different grip positions on one bar. It's worth looking at if someone was looking for that style bar.

Some nice looking equipment! I like the big package of course! Once my Spud Inc upper/lower rig shows up and I set it up, I’ll see what the best attachment will work. Very nice grips/accessory pak!

Max

Barbell, for sure. Imagine trying to squat or deadlift with dumbbells. That said I definitely prefer dumbbells for most upper body exercises.

DB !! ROM , is limited to much with barbell (for me) . Causing injuries !

Back