• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

4 day split?

SF96

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone have any good splits for someone just getting back into the swing of things? I can unfortunately only train about 4 days due to how my life is setup at the moment.

How bout 5 workouts spread out over 8 days? Try this:

Back/hams
Chest/bis
Off
Shoulders/Tris
Legs/back
Off
Off
Arms/chest
More or less every body part twice every 8 days except side/rear delts(directly at least).

Push pull legs on a m/t/t/f split. Low volume high intensity

Chest/Tris
Back/Bis
Legs/Shoulders

This is a 3 day split I give my clients getting back into things. Realistically 4 days is hard if your trying to get back into it, 3 is a good start and then you can move to 4 or 5.

back + triceps or biceps
chest + triceps or biceps
legs (complete: quadriceps, hamstrings, calf)
shoulders

This is what I was doing pre-covid times. It worked well for me but was looking to switch things up. I know they say not to fix something that's not broken but I was looking to spice things up.

IML Gear Cream!
I always heard DC was an advanced program?
I think advanced is a bit of a misnomer. As long as you have developed decent form, know how to really push each set hard, and have a good idea of what movements work okay for you then it’ll work. There’s an advanced DC split but that’s different. I think the 2 way is what more guys should start doing early on and stick with it for atleast a couple of years. It’s a good routine to really help you learn your body and after a couple blasts you’ll really get a good idea of pushing to failure.

I always heard DC was an advanced program?
I think advanced is a bit of a misnomer. As long as you have developed decent form, know how to really push each set hard, and have a good idea of what movements work okay for you then it’ll work. There’s an advanced DC split but that’s different. I think the 2 way is what more guys should start doing early on and stick with it for atleast a couple of years. It’s a good routine to really help you learn your body and after a couple blasts you’ll really get a good idea of pushing to failure.
This.

If you can generate a lot of intensity and can follow a plan exactly as written, it's good...

If you're new to training, no.

This.

If you can generate a lot of intensity and can follow a plan exactly as written, it's good...

If you're new to training, no.

Do you know where I can find a program to follow? I tried Google but it more just gives the layout. I'm pretty bad at doing my own training programming so wanted something I can just take and run with. My previous split was what my coach at the time provided me. I'd look into another coach but my funds are a little tight at the moment.

Do you know where I can find a program to follow? I tried Google but it more just gives the layout. I'm pretty bad at doing my own training programming so wanted something I can just take and run with. My previous split was what my coach at the time provided me. I'd look into another coach but my funds are a little tight at the moment.
Go to intense muscle.com and go read all the stickies under the puppy pound and dog pound subs.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/how-to-build-50-pounds-of-muscle-in-12-months/amp/
this is a pretty good break down as well.

Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Off

Repeat

IDK about others, but my work schedule dictates my training in some ways... I get up at 5 am on MWF and come home at 8pm. Just zero time and energy to really train on these days.

So I am forced to train the same bodypart on the same days. Saturday (legs), Sunday (chest), Tuesday (shoulders and tri) and Thursday (Back and biceps).

Hopefully in the future when my schedule changes I can train like the above and train irregardless of the day of the week.

I am sure others have similar time restrictions that can dictate their training approach.

I used to be a garbage man working 14 hours a day 6 days a week slinging garbage cans. I woke up every morning at 3am so I could train and never missed a session. People find time to do what they actually want to do.

I used to be a garbage man working 14 hours a day 6 days a week slinging garbage cans. I woke up every morning at 3am so I could train and never missed a session. People find time to do what they actually want to do.

I am guessing you had your own home gym or went to a 24 hour facility.

If I was training as a professional and didn't have my son to take to school in the morning...then maybe the sacrifice would be worth it. Definitely eating into the amount of sleep tho.

IDK about others, but my work schedule dictates my training in some ways... I get up at 5 am on MWF and come home at 8pm. Just zero time and energy to really train on these days.

So I am forced to train the same bodypart on the same days. Saturday (legs), Sunday (chest), Tuesday (shoulders and tri) and Thursday (Back and biceps).

Hopefully in the future when my schedule changes I can train like the above and train irregardless of the day of the week.

I am sure others have similar time restrictions that can dictate their training approach.
The above would work, you would just have an extra rest day or add a day for weaker body parts.

Frequency goes down but, the "extra" day would still be useful in getting the added frequency for the weak body part

I appreciate everyone taking their time to help me out. I think I'm going to go with a PPL routine. How does the below setup look? I typically do 3 sets per exercise at about 10-12 reps.

Push

Incline Bench Press
Incline DB Press
Incline DB Fly
Triceps Pushdown
Seated Dips
Cable Laterals

Pull

Lat Pulldowns
DB Row
Seated Cable Row
Cable Curl
Hammer Curl
Shrugs

Legs

Smith Squat
Leg Extensions
RDL
Seated Leg Curl
Hip Adduction

I appreciate everyone taking their time to help me out. I think I'm going to go with a PPL routine. How does the below setup look? I typically do 3 sets per exercise at about 10-12 reps.

Push

Incline Bench Press
Incline DB Press
Incline DB Fly
Triceps Pushdown
Seated Dips
Cable Laterals

Pull

Lat Pulldowns
DB Row
Seated Cable Row
Cable Curl
Hammer Curl
Shrugs

Legs

Smith Squat
Leg Extensions
RDL
Seated Leg Curl
Hip Adduction

🤔
here’s what I would do personally. Just an idea. I like to hit each body part across different rep ranges. 3 second negative on every rep.
Each set to failure. On the last set add an intensifier (rest pause, drop set, forced rep, etc.) add weight or reps each week. When you fail to add weight or reps 2 weeks in a row change the movement.
pull:
lat pulldown 6-9,10-12
bent over 2 arm db row 6-9,10-12
cable row 6-9,10-12
pullover 2x15-20
reverse fly 10-12,15-20
db curl 10-12,15-20
hammer curl 2x15-20
standing calves

push:
db bench 6-9,10-12,15-20
fly 2x15-20
db lateral 2x15-20
dips rest pause 3x failure
tricep extension 2x15-20
abs

Legs:
seated hamstring curl 6-9,10-12
hack squat 10-12,15-20
Single leg leg press 2x15-20
rdl 6-9,10-12,15-20
adductor 6-9,10-12
seated calves

Get Shredded!

here’s what I would do personally. Just an idea. I like to hit each body part across different rep ranges. 3 second negative on every rep.
Each set to failure. On the last set add an intensifier (rest pause, drop set, forced rep, etc.) add weight or reps each week. When you fail to add weight or reps 2 weeks in a row change the movement.

pull:
lat pulldown 6-9,10-12
bent over 2 arm db row 6-9,10-12
cable row 6-9,10-12
pullover 2x15-20
reverse fly 10-12,15-20
db curl 10-12,15-20
hammer curl 2x15-20
standing calves

push:
db bench 6-9,10-12,15-20
fly 2x15-20
db lateral 2x15-20
dips rest pause 3x failure
tricep extension 2x15-20
abs

Legs:
seated hamstring curl 6-9,10-12
hack squat 10-12,15-20
Single leg leg press 2x15-20
rdl 6-9,10-12,15-20
adductor 6-9,10-12
seated calves

Great routine.

I like to do this as well as part of mine:

On the last set add an intensifier (rest pause, drop set, forced rep, etc.)

Though my split is different (5-day old-school split) these days I think dopes call it "Bro Split", the same methods can be applied...
(Mixed rep ranges, intensifiers, etc).

Back