• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Calling all people with well-developed legs!

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
If you have big, well-developed legs, or even hover in the "decent" range, I am in need of your guidance.

Backstory
I've decided to focus on my legs for my new years resolution. I've been training for about 15 years and using gear for about 10 years. I neglected my legs completely for the first few years of training. I was young and only cared about the beach muscles. Then I started training legs but only half-assed them for another 5-7 years or so. Then the last 5-7 years or so (up until present) I would say I 3/4 assed them. I've managed to add "some" girth compared to what they looked like before I started training, but they are seriously lagging and I fear I am not training them as effectively as I can.

Here's what I need from you
If you truly believe you have well-developed legs or even decent legs I need you to:

1.) Post a picture of your legs
2.) Share your leg routine. Or a leg routine that you found to be most effective.

Thank you kindly.

I have horrible lower back issues when I squat, so, I haven’t squatted for many years.

My current routine is below and I love it.

After a good warm up…

DB Walking Lunge 2 sets of 8-10
DB Bulgarian Split Squat 2 sets of 8-10
Leg Press 2X8-10 (feet low on platform)
Leg Extension 3X8-12
Lying Leg Curl 3X8-12
Standing Calf Raise 4X10
Machine Hip Thrust 3X6-10

48503f27b8a6657152e016309dc18305.jpg

Well I can't top those tree trunks but I like having 2 workouts alternating weeks. I'm playing with more frequency now so won't speak on it's effectiveness for me yet but here goes... Assuming you can squat and also at the end of back day either do hamstring curls or GHR 3×12-15

Workout A
Squat 1×6-8 and 1×10-12
Leg press 2×6-8 and 1×10-12
Walking lunge 3×10-12
Leg ext 2×10-12 and 1×12-15

Workout B(rep scheme the same as A)
Hack squat
Pivot leg press or pendulum squat
Smith machine Bulgarian split squat
Seated ham curl
05f840e678a5db93a75f4032ef3e351d.jpg

Well I can't top those tree trunks but I like having 2 workouts alternating weeks. I'm playing with more frequency now so won't speak on it's effectiveness for me yet but here goes... Assuming you can squat and also at the end of back day either do hamstring curls or GHR 3×12-15

Workout A
Squat 1×6-8 and 1×10-12
Walking lunge 3×10-12

Hack squat
Seated ham curl

You’ve got some great tear drops. I wish mine were as developed as yours. Looking solid

I have horrible lower back issues when I squat, so, I haven’t squatted for many years.

My current routine is below and I love it.

After a good warm up…

DB Walking Lunge 2 sets of 8-10
DB Bulgarian Split Squat 2 sets of 8-10
Leg Press 2X8-10 (feet low on platform)
Leg Extension 3X8-12
Lying Leg Curl 3X8-12
Standing Calf Raise 4X10
Machine Hip Thrust 3X6-10

48503f27b8a6657152e016309dc18305.jpg

Workout A
Squat 1×6-8 and 1×10-12
Walking lunge 3×10-12

Hack squat
Seated ham curl
These routines seem like relatively low volume compared to what most people would say is required to build big legs. I see people doing 5-10 sets of squats just to start their routine. Very interesting.

Would you guys say that super high volume is less effective for legs in your experience?

These routines seem like relatively low volume compared to what most people would say is required to build big legs. I see people doing 5-10 sets of squats just to start their routine. Very interesting.

Would you guys say that super high volume is less effective for legs in your experience?
Well with mine you get a second hamstring day plus deads but 12 sets of legs anywhere slide to failure is gonna fuck you up. Those people aint taking it there

IML Gear Cream!
My legs were never bigger than when I was doing insane amount of hill climbs on my bicycle. For me anyways lower weight insane amount of reps builds the shit out of my legs.

Look at professional cyclist they have the biggest legs in the game next to bodybuilders
b13199895e70aeb8f8f4c79cd9c1a28e.jpg

Last edited:
My legs were never bigger than when I was doing insane amount of hill climbs on my bicycle. For me anyways lower weight insane amount of reps builds the shit out of my legs.

Look at professional cyclist they have the biggest legs in the game next to bodybuilders
b13199895e70aeb8f8f4c79cd9c1a28e.jpg
Damn, I never noticed how big some cyclists' legs were.

So you think the guys that are stacking plates on plates doing super heavy squats aren't building their legs as efficiently as they would if they lowered the weight and went for reps?

Less volume, more frequency.

Damn, I never noticed how big some cyclists' legs were.

So you think the guys that are stacking plates on plates doing super heavy squats aren't building their legs as efficiently as they would if they lowered the weight and went for reps?

I'm not sure honestly I think it has a lot to do with genetics. Hill climbing is a motherfuker though I'm not sure what weight it would actually equate to in the gym but we're talking like 300 reps

Back