• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Last meal of the day

Capthowdy87

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does it really matter if I have carbs at the last meal around 9pm ??? I mean I’d eat something like oatmeal and egg whites or cream of rice . Or is it better to not eat them that late ?

It doesn’t really matter as long as you’re netting your macros. You don’t “need” to eat carbs before bed. But I do because otherwise there’s no way I could eat as many as I need in 4 meals

I’ve been getting 5 meals a day in and usually by meal 4 I damn near hit my protein and carbs for the day . I’m trying to lose fat right now and wondered if it really made a difference. The old myth was to not eat carbs at night and that old shit has stuck with me .

I’ve been getting 5 meals a day in and usually by meal 4 I damn near hit my protein and carbs for the day . I’m trying to lose fat right now and wondered if it really made a difference. The old myth was to not eat carbs at night and that old shit has stuck with me .
I followed that for a long time dc training. But it newer research seems to suggest this doesn’t matter. I like carbs pre bed because they help me sleep. But if you’re at tour carb goal and don’t want to have any more per bed then dont

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter. Protein and calories are really what matters. Just get your protein in and fill in the rest of the cals with foods you like or crave whether it’s carbs or fats. Macro splits don’t really matter all that much as long as it’s sustainable for you and your energy levels are good around training.

Lower your fats and up your carbs.

such an old myth lol all that matters is your total calorie intake for the day
So much this. There’s so many myths that are still prevalent. Dont mix carbs and fats, certain foods make you fat, insulin causes fat gain, diet sodas cause an insulin spike, you can’t get lean without eating “clean”.

I figured it was the calories and protein I should be worrying about. Thanks for the responses .

The time you do not eat at night is determined by the time you go to bed. You should go to bed before 11PM, so reduce your food intake after 9PM. If you are too hungry, maybe you guys can eat fresh fruits and milk in moderation to avoid burdening the gastrointestinal tract

IML Gear Cream!
Something mildly related that I discovered:

I used to just drink my egg whites before bed because by that time I was just sick of eating. Then I went back to cooking them and eating before bed.

I found that I slept better and also any gas or bloating decreased from before. Some of my clients also experienced this and now all cook and eat egg whites before bed.

Something mildly related that I discovered:

I used to just drink my egg whites before bed because by that time I was just sick of eating. Then I went back to cooking them and eating before bed.

I found that I slept better and also any gas or bloating decreased from before. Some of my clients also experienced this and now all cook and eat egg whites before bed.

I was just wondering if not having the carbs before bed would be beneficial to fat loss at all. I’m good all day with my eating . The last meal is the only problem rn . Once I dial that in I’ll be on track . I don’t wana hold extra water to make the scale go up lol

Back