• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Damn Electric Cars

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Now that the Big three are on board..here comes the push...

So many problems and deaths ahead..
Being in the car industry for decades...boy things have changed..most not for the better..

In 2000 working at South Motors in Miami Fl..we started to see voltage drops causing all sorts of crazy stuff..and as cars have become more electric...Power steering.. Emergency Brakes..Self-parking..the more odd problems are popping up..

Let me explain in detail...most systems have a failsafe or substitute value that said computer will use if something is a miss...Drive by Wire...is limp mode..3 to 5mph...O2 sensors(for the most part) is .45v...computer will ignore the out-of-range input and plug in one...Smart..!!

Problem:
As the voltage requirements have increased exponentially over the last 10 to 15 yrs..funny things have come up..Once the voltage supply drops below the minimum required,many times the computers just go off-line or say the hell with fail safes..No safety net....A can line goes down and drops not only memory but other control units as well..Not Good..

Now the full electric...
There has been deaths..and in my humble opinion,many more will be coming...The learning curve for self-driving cars..I guess..

And headaches for the poor techs working on them...now we have vehicles with 100 bar oil pressure(mainly for valve timing)..and high ass fuel pressure...but the electric...getting shocked is death...and working on those rear brakes..WTF..a real pain in the ass..

So,give me an older E46 M3...All Day Long....I would never be able to sleep while a computer is driving on 285 in Atlanta...infact I would even want to be behind a car driving itself..

Thoughts...??

I can say with owning one, I love mine and it is such a different experience than driving, but I do not trust it or others. I couldn’t not, pay attention! I use all hands free/good text/prompting while behind the wheel. I will say, “when your on I-5 , 405, or a major city freeway in stop & go traffic for hours “ I finally trust the car to do its job and it is very helpful. Heck I’ve done a ton of posting during those days, lol . I still am rocking my 1985 CJ-7, looking at some Old Scouts & Custom Buggy’s for Family Beach property (something like these)
e911d150f8d34c03a5ee84d679b1e252.plist

98f979d8a7ededfd606d62c51e9d50a0.plist

Max

I don’t trust AI/computers to drive me while drowsy or sleeping.

Max, put that Scout in 4WD then drive down the beach and try to make a turn. You’ll be glad you work out.<br>
If that buggy is a Myers Max, you’ll pay through the nose for it. I have yet to see one with a sensible, bulket proof motor. People either run stock, underpowered motors or overbuilt time grenades.<br>
I had a very stock 1973 Thing and built a 2L motor for it (78.8 x 90.5). Loads of power and reliable. Not 4WD but will go anywhere. Look at 1973 Road and Track reviews where they use an actual Jeep as a comparison. Great car. Super fun to drive. I regret selling it but I traded it for an airplane…so there’s that.

When Max says...Old Scout,he's not referring to a Scout Master or an Eagle Scout...just saying..

"Hell..I like being single..I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader..!!"

Max, put that Scout in 4WD then drive down the beach and try to make a turn. You’ll be glad you work out.<br>
If that buggy is a Myers Max, you’ll pay through the nose for it. I have yet to see one with a sensible, bulket proof motor. People either run stock, underpowered motors or overbuilt time grenades.<br>
I had a very stock 1973 Thing and built a 2L motor for it (78.8 x 90.5). Loads of power and reliable. Not 4WD but will go anywhere. Look at 1973 Road and Track reviews where they use an actual Jeep as a comparison. Great car. Super fun to drive. I regret selling it but I traded it for an airplane…so there’s that.

Yeah, every one I have actually driven or checked out in-person just has issues , for one , I want it to have a custom engine with more advanced tech (engine wise ) . Every Scout I have seen(some look just great but have so many wiring/engine issues , bad suspension . I’d love to put in all rancho suspension w a good newer steering system. Even my Jeep steering can be a son bitch (not tight enough)

Max
They are just too cool! I could see buggy-ing through Baja , eating &’fishing my way down. MT2 & a lot of sunscreen! Lol

When Max says...Old Scout,he's not referring to a Scout Master or an Eagle Scout...just saying..

"Hell..I like being single..I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader..!!"

Rotflmao ! You kill me

Max

Yeah, every one I have actually driven or checked out in-person just has issues , for one , I want it to have a custom engine with more advanced tech (engine wise ) . Every Scout I have seen(some look just great but have so many wiring/engine issues , bad suspension . I’d love to put in all rancho suspension w a good newer steering system. Even my Jeep steering can be a son bitch (not tight enough)

Max
They are just too cool! I could see buggy-ing through Baja , eating &’fishing my way down. MT2 & a lot of sunscreen! Lol
I used to have a 1959 Kombi as my sole vehicle. I was going on a date so I borrowed my buddy’s Scout. He sort of owed me because I was the guy always tooling on that POS.

So the chick and I are cool Cali convertible styling over to Mission Beach. We pull up to the intersection in front of the roller coaster and smoke starts to POUR out of the dash. Completely roached the harness needing a complete rewire. He loved that car so he paid to have it done and thankfully was told it was a common problem and didn’t hold me responsible.

So yes, big wiring issues with the Scout.

I used to have a 1959 Kombi as my sole vehicle. I was going on a date so I borrowed my buddy’s Scout. He sort of owed me because I was the guy always tooling on that POS.

So the chick and I are cool Cali convertible styling over to Mission Beach. We pull up to the intersection in front of the roller coaster and smoke starts to POUR out of the dash. Completely roached the harness needing a complete rewire. He loved that car so he paid to have it done and thankfully was told it was a common problem and didn’t hold me responsible.

So yes, big wiring issues with the Scout.

Mission Beach! ......boy do I have some stories hooking up w/ the chicas all over that area. Take em to the coaster !! . It was so dirty compared to Solana Del Mar. Each beach has such a different crowd. Loved hitting new beach towns and hooking up w Strange! Still fun

Max

Im curious on when people will start blaming car companies for accidents when the self driving car malfunctioned. I can see so many law suits being filed just so people dont have to take blame themselves.

The infrastructure isn't equipped to handle millions of electric cars being plugged in every night to be recharged. I think the phasing out should be much more gradual, but it's all part of the key to a totalitarian New World Order. Systematic blackouts will be the norm in 5 years' time.

Back