• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How Long Can You Run Gear?

Nexceda

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, I’ve seen a lot of contrary research and opinions about how long you can run gear.

If you don’t care about natural production and you have a good tolerance at 500mg a week Test E, how long can you run gear for before it’s just plain stupid?

I’ve seen the typical 12-16 weeks. But how long is too long? And what compounds should you steer away from running too long.

Everyone is different, some can recover on for a long time, and some can’t. If you play with fire you’ll get burned.

Last edited:
For me personally, gainz were very slow around the 20 week mark. Running a gram of test training hard as fuck eating 5,000 clean a day. For me I'd call it around week 15.

At around 25 weeks my body stated doing weird shit with my estrogen levels. That's how I knew it was time..

Take a 6 week break then hit it again. After you get blood done. But I would just go down to 200mg a week. Not just get off everything. Gainz will be gone.

For me personally, gainz were very slow around the 20 week mark. Running a gram of test training hard as fuck eating 5,000 clean a day. For me I'd call it around week 15.

At around 25 weeks my body stated doing weird shit with my estrogen levels. That's how I knew it was time..

Take a 6 week break then hit it again. After you get blood done. But I would just go down to 200mg a week. Not just get off everything. Gainz will be gone.

Right. Blast and Cruise essentially.

Think of it as a car you drive...your body
At wide open throttle...things will break down quicker..or an underling problems will surface fast...
I like the 2 cycles a yr approach..12 to 16wks depending on compounds..Safe

TRT is to just get back to a normal range...nothing more.. but some of us use Deca or Mast..but just enough to get the Benifits not size..

The more cycles you run the less natural Test you'll produce as life goes on..or as you age you natural levels may/will fall just because you're aging..and some guys in their 50's and 60's stills have a decent natural production..but rare..

It is recommended strongly to start out the first 2 cycles with just Test one at 500mg/24wk and the next a little higher just to see how you handle moderate Test BEFORE adding more compounds..

But don't think running for 6 to 10 or even over a yr,won't bite you one day..
This is a very rough over view...becoming knowledgeable prior to use of any compound is highly advised..It takes yrs to learn this stuff and find just what works for You..

But it only takes a few careless endeavors to be in real trouble..

Right. Blast and Cruise essentially.
Exactly. It can be done responsibly. Figure out your blood work. Figure out your recovery time. Figure out a good cruise dose that doesn't raise your lipid panel. And then in about 5 years, if you stick to it..

You'll be a God lol. But its a fuckin grind and life's a mother fucker. You really have to be in a great mind set and awesome people around you. Pinning a few times a week for years and years gets hard. You really got to want it.

Ok ill shut the fuck up now. I'm getting off topic.

Good luck bro!

At wide open throttle...things will break down quicker..or an underling problems will surface fast...

TRT is to just get back to a normal range...nothing more.. but some of us use Deca or Mast..but just enough to get the Benifits not size..

The more cycles you run the less natural Test you'll produce as life goes on..or as you age you natural levels may/will fall just because you're aging..and some guys in their 50's and 60's stills have a decent natural production..but rare..

It is recommended strongly to start out the first 2 cycles with just Test one at 500mg/24wk and the next a little higher just to see how you handle moderate Test BEFORE adding more compounds..

This is a very rough over view...becoming knowledgeable prior to use of any compound is highly advised..It takes yrs to learn this stuff and find just what works for You..

The longevity angle.. Smart man.

Nah man. I really appreciate it. I’m just trying to learn as much as possible and see how my body reacts to this stuff.

Would risk to reward be something that I would have to just determine myself when it comes to using different compounds?

IML Gear Cream!
Yes but sometimes No...
Everyone responds different even with the same compounds and doses..I always recommend only adding one new compound per cycle...and always starting the dose on the low end first..once you know how you respond to some compounds,then when you add one and things go a bit sideways 9 out of 10 times it's the New one..and adjust things for that one..With two or more it would be a guessing game..

The harsher compounds like Drol,Sdrol,Halo and Tren should be down the road...Stronger=More Sides

Now to the but No part..
I use some harsh compounds to push thru plateaus..but only briefly..but once your health marker start rising towards the Red...the wiser retreats and quits the stupid stuff..

Risk vs. Reward has always been my compass..in Life

Biggest Mistake
Running gear for 14 months..no gains after month 8 or 9..
The average Joe's body can't run that long without something giving..at least sure as Hell Not mine..

Some of the issues I have,I'd bet came from that run..I was never the same..
And it was cheap running gear for that long at the prices in the 90's...No UGLs..

Keep family history and health in mind. Bloods dont show you a lot, like plaque formation, clotting, etc.
I know plenty that had very low lipid levels, and ended up w/ widow-maker bypass.

Not just test but I’ve been on total of 500mg or more for years. Don’t do what I do I will never recommend it. With that said unless I’m in a fatloss phase or injured I’ve never just not made progress. The hormones work they’re not like regular drugs as long you’re eating and training consistently and properly for your goal. I think a lot of guys stall because they haven’t taken enough deload or off weeks and because they’re not eating more as they get bigger or stronger, and they’re also not chasing the log book. The more muscle you have the slower your progress will be.

Not just test but I’ve been on total of 500mg or more for years. Don’t do what I do I will never recommend it. With that said unless I’m in a fatloss phase or injured I’ve never just not made progress. The hormones work they’re not like regular drugs as long you’re eating and training consistently and properly for your goal. I think a lot of guys stall because they haven’t taken enough deload or off weeks and because they’re not eating more as they get bigger or stronger, and they’re also not chasing the log book. The more muscle you have the slower your progress will be.

100%

Nah man. I really appreciate it. I’m just trying to learn as much as possible and see how my body reacts to this stuff.

Just listen to your body man ans take frequent blood test,trust me,hell bro,I’m 55 and I still run cycles up to 18 weeks but I keep a check on my bloods and stuff is most important

When i peaked at 275 apx 15% that was the culmination of two years of gear at least a gram a week. Bloods were fine. Needless to say my natty test is broken forever but ehh.. it is what it is.

I think the smart ones monitor their vitals and blood markers like you. We can these days so we have advantages. I'm not saying this is smart but this worked for me.

8-10 on 3-4 off with PCT drugs (usually hCG but sometimes Clomid in the mix); 8-10 on 3-4 off with PCT drugs; 8-10 on 3-4 off with PCT drugs; 3-4 off with PCT drugs and then TRT for 12+ weeks. Blood work every 3-4 months.

Till you die......

Both you and I...are some hard headed,die hard Bastards...
And we sure as Hell... don't know How to quit anything...Not until we say...

Do you typically run 20 on 6 off? How has your blood work been while doing this and do you take an health precautions like cardio/health supps/ect?

Do you typically run 20 on 6 off? How has your blood work been while doing this and do you take an health precautions like cardio/health supps/ect?

IMO I think 25 weeks is a bit to long for me anyway but people are different ,at 25 weeks your lipids would be trashed and so would your Hemocrit But you don’t know till you do it

When i peaked at 275 apx 15% that was the culmination of two years of gear at least a gram a week. Bloods were fine. Needless to say my natty test is broken forever but ehh.. it is what it is.
You were running at least 1gram of gear for two years? How are bloods now? I ask because I'm currently 29 weeks into a Test/NPP blast (stopped the NPP at week 28) that was 1 gram of test, 600 NPP and been considering running the test for a few more weeks.

You were running at least 1gram of gear for two years? How are bloods now? I ask because I'm currently 29 weeks into a Test/NPP blast (stopped the NPP at week 28) that was 1 gram of test, 600 NPP and been considering running the test for a few more weeks.

Not Me...When you come down or off,you need to check Everything...

I know a dude who is 80 yrs old and he hasent been off since the 80's, still trains like a kid... I swear its the fountian of youth if done correctly

Blast and cruse

I know hes on 500mg Test 300mg Deca right now and he puts these young kids to shame in the gym. Its funny to see really!!

Last edited:
Well if you're a fan of long yr plus cycles...stick around a few yrs and read All the Help,I messed up and What's Wrong threads that pop up...Full speed ahead without any disregard to personal health mindsets that go so sideways that getting to anything close to Normal is impossible...No natural production at 22 yrs old...or taking So many pills to cover up the sides or complications from PED abuse..Or just see where some of the Greats are today..Flex...Coleman..???

The belief you can hold Wide Open Throttle for extended runs... Without causing damage is not wise..Now,some just might but others will Fall..and fall hard.. If you want to live into your later yrs without needing a liver or kidney or worse...then you need to take care of that Body and not beat the crap out of it..and then there is still no guarantee..(this I know)..

I don't advocate or encourage long runs..I personally think this is not only foolish but far more dangerous than most realize.. Especially,with all the new compounds that haven't been used for long..who knows what they might bring in 5..10..or even 20 yrs down the road..But if you are dead set on doing it..get bloods often,check markers frequently like BP..Heart rate..RBC..WBC..learn what the numbers mean..and know when to call it..

Run ancillaries and be dilligent about donating blood lots of support supps.
Bloods are fine. Egfr is up a little but celebrex fucked my kidneys up hard post surgery in 09' so they've never been the same.
Currently running 880mg eod so we'll see how this goes

Run ancillaries and be dilligent about donating blood lots of support supps.
Bloods are fine. Egfr is up a little but celebrex fucked my kidneys up hard post surgery in 09' so they've never been the same.
Currently running 880mg eod so we'll see how this goes

What support supps do you recommend? how long do you plan on running 880mg EoD? and what compounds?

At least 4 grams of quality astragalus daily. TUDCA.
Those are the most important imho. Current doses are 2 weeks in. Will run another 12-16. Then drop to 800 test for a bit then back up with slin and gh added.

Back