Time To Get Serious - 58Ddriver’s Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Time To Get Serious - 58Ddriver’s Log

So, I know I’m not the only guy with average genetics who is in average shape on here who is ready for change. There’s quite a few logs on the forum that have motivated the fuck out of me to get off my ass and either shit or get off the pot. I just didn’t want to wait until I had achieved my goals to start holding myself accountable. And, maybe, there’s another dude on here who just needs a shove in the right direction to do the same.

I retired from the military a couple of years ago, and like a lot of us do, let myself go to shit. About 9 months ago I was 215 lbs and at least 30% body fat. It took me being disgusted with what I’d become to get me going. I started slow…started tracking my food and working out in the home gym. Since then I’m down about 25 pounds and 5 inches off my waist. Slowly but surely…

Along the way, I ended up on TRT, progress really picked up and I got to where I needed to decide how serious to get. Fuck it, I felt great…we’re going all in.

I realized I could keep shelling out money on the cookie-cutter programs that I was using or admit that there are guys with decades more experience that can point me in the RIGHT direction. After stalking the forums for a while, I sent Montego1 a message. After chatting with him, I committed to 6 months of coaching. Yep, I’m a noob who hired a coach. Why? Because while he can’t do the work for me, I have no doubt that he’ll tell me to pull my head out of my ass and I’ll make progress exponentially faster than I would fumbling around in the dark.

So, we’re now into our second week on his program. Dude has me eating more food than I thought was humanly possible. First few days were rough, but I’ve adjusted pretty well. I found a good local gym because the home gym just wasn’t going to cut it anymore. I’ve been sore, but it’s a good sore. He’s started me off slowly, focusing on form and leaving the ego at home.

Current cycle is super basic:

Weeks 1-8: Anavar- 50mg/day
    Weeks 1-12: Test C- 525 mg/week

Goals: Continue to get leaner and see where my body is willing to go with regards to musculature.

More to follow as I continue, but I just wanted to get this started for accountability. We all start somewhere, and this is it for me. Just a dude who said “fuck it, the dad-bod ain’t gonna cut it…”

Pics are from this weekend’s check-in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 60AE786D-8369-49F2-B554-788B82DB790B.jpeg   F9807376-0764-4785-9FD2-26A3ED060420.jpeg  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts
    Rep Points

Hell ya bro, your about to go boom! With Mont like you said your about to make insane progress. After a couple more weeks you'll be lookin forward to your meals haha. Good luck bro! Stay focused and let the gainz roll in!! Solid gear cycle !! Subbed!
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,807 Posts
    Rep Points

That's fuckin awesome!!! You made the right choice all the way around!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks guys! Definitely feel comfortable with my decision. Monte has been super chill and taken the time to answer all my questions, so we’re off to a good start.

Today was a rest day. Recovering from yesterday’s Upper Load/Lower Pump. A little over a week in and I can tell my legs weren’t getting the love they needed in the home gym. They’re definitely protesting at the moment.

Tonight is another night of food prep. Another 7 pounds of chicken going into the Instant Pot here shortly. Food is definitely going down easier these last few days. I knew that would be one of my bigger challenges, and I sure as hell wasn’t wrong. I’ve made it happen every day since we started, but it was an all out war at times.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump. Might be hobbling my old ass out of the gym tomorrow morning, but looking forward to it. More to follow…👊🏼

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,037 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 58Ddriver View Post
    Thanks guys! Definitely feel comfortable with my decision. Monte has been super chill and taken the time to answer all my questions, so we’re off to a good start.

Today was a rest day. Recovering from yesterday’s Upper Load/Lower Pump. A little over a week in and I can tell my legs weren’t getting the love they needed in the home gym. They’re definitely protesting at the moment.

Tonight is another night of food prep. Another 7 pounds of chicken going into the Instant Pot here shortly. Food is definitely going down easier these last few days. I knew that would be one of my bigger challenges, and I sure as hell wasn’t wrong. I’ve made it happen every day since we started, but it was an all out war at times.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump. Might be hobbling my old ass out of the gym tomorrow morning, but looking forward to it. More to follow…
    How are digging that post workout shake? Try it with frozen berries oh my god it’s good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cdubw44 View Post
    How are digging that post workout shake? Try it with frozen berries oh my god it’s good.
    Dude, that shit is on point. Doing mine with strawberries and cream oats and a banana. Delicious!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Rep Points

Dooopey doo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,576 Posts
    Rep Points

Mont. is the maker of men...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    Mont. is the maker of men...
    Yes, sir...That seems to be the consensus around these parts. The logs I've read all seem to prove it. Just gotta put the work in and absorb the knowledge...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Lower Load/Upper Pump

190.8 lbs this morning. Holding steady since my Saturday check-in. Mont upped my food slightly this week because I was pretty fatigued last week. So far, my energy levels have been much better over the last few days. I ordered a skinfold caliper to start tracking bodyfat as well. Gonna have to take some time to educate myself on that to start tracking how it's trending. I'm not super concerned about numbers, but since I still have a good bit of fat to lose the scale is deceptive.

Good workout today. I'm still not loading the weight up on quite a few things. 20 years in the military caused quite a few chronic back issues and it's been many years since I've attempted some of the exercises we've got programmed. I'm still focused 100% on form and listening to my body for any hint of the bad kind of pain. Rather than weight, I've let my tempo be what crushes me. Super slow, 2-3 count eccentric, hold the stretch, 2-3 count concentric. So far, so good. I'm definitely hurting, but it's a good kind of hurt.

Slowly increasing weight on some, reps on others. Doing cable flies today, I was 85% sure my titties were going to explode and lost count on both sets. Definitely in the 20-30 rep range, but I'll have to do better next time keeping track. One day at a time...left foot, right foot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3084 (2).jpg  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,576 Posts
    Rep Points

Thank You for your Service...lots of prior Military here..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    Thank You for your Service...lots of prior Military here..
    No thanks necessary. I still can’t believe that I was lucky enough to to get paid to do what I did. Best job I’ll ever have had. The pension is pretty nice too…👊🏼

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,576 Posts
    Rep Points

You're at the best forum,best members and tons of great people here..
    And major points for using Mont..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Today was another rest day. Heading into a couple days of muscle rounds, so I'm sure I'll be thankful for the day off. We're also in the middle of final exams at school (yep, 40 year old college student) so I was able to use the time to get some school work done.

Food has become a non-issue. Starting to look forward to meals rather than dread them. Not starving at all, but my appetite is definitely starting to pick up.

Overall, my recovery time has been good. No denying that I'm pushing myself, but it's not like I'm limping for days at a time. Felt a little twinge in my groin yesterday when doing hanging leg raises. Honestly forgot about it til I woke up this morning, but it's definitely sore. Hurts when I cough/sneeze. Had an issue with a sports hernia (not an actual hernia) there a few years back from doing Muay Thai. I'll have to keep an eye on it over the next week or two and adjust my ab excercises if it continues to act up. Not a biggie at this point, just old man stuff...

Off to a school concert for one of the kids. More to follow after tomorrow's workout....

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    625 Posts
    Rep Points

Subbed

Email for a full price list
    SBLabsusa@protonmail.com