• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lifting Gloves - Yay or Nay?

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

This shit cracks me up. In the 80s I started wearing rubber gloves when working on cars. I figured chicks didn’t dig me dragging my nasty fingernails around and in their bodies. Every single person that saw me wearing gloves laughed. Now only the nastiest of mechanics don’t wear gloves. It is an absolute industry standard.

So do the ladies prefer men to paw at them with tortoise shell palms and hard ass fingertips? I don’t know, I’ve been retired since my first marriage in 1998.
I wear gloves and straps on back day. Not only can I not grip the weights that I can properly lift, that weight tears at my palms and fingers.
This glove/no glove crap is such macho bullshit.

Last edited:
No gloves. I bought some a couple of decades ago. But I’d sweat so damn much, the grip would get slick. Plus sometimes I’d loose the damn things. So I just got used to not using them at all. I use straps on heavy trap bar shrugs. I do this just to isolate the shoulders and not have to worry about the grip.

I have bad carpal tunnel and I wear wrist straps every gym session no matter what muscle im targeting and I notice way less pain in my wrists/forearms/elbows.

I do hand lifting gloves that I wear occasionally for cardio on the heavy bag just because my wife bitches if I get blood all over “her” gym. Yes, “her” gym! Lol

I do also wear them when I’m doing any barbell work if I don’t have time to let the gym warm up too much beforehand. Sub zero iron is colder that a witches titty!

I used to always think that if you couldn’t lift something without straps then you shouldn’t be lifting it in the first place however I have changed my position on that as well and I use straps for shrugs and deadlifts and it has really helped to keep my wrist/forearm/elbow pain in check as well.

Never have probably never will… done enough bitch work my whole life to toughen up my palms… when I beat off it’s like I’m taking sand paper to to my dick…

IML Gear Cream!
I only wear weight lifting gloves when I apply fat burner cream to my stomach

I also am starting to enjoy the wife’s barbell tampon during my squats. But you ole timers wouldn’t know considering ya don’t fuckin squat anymore.

#legdaydoesntcountifyoudontsquat

pussies

I have bad carpal tunnel and I wear wrist straps every gym session no matter what muscle im targeting and I notice way less pain in my wrists/forearms/elbows.

I do hand lifting gloves that I wear occasionally for cardio on the heavy bag just because my wife bitches if I get blood all over “her” gym. Yes, “her” gym! Lol

I do also wear them when I’m doing any barbell work if I don’t have time to let the gym warm up too much beforehand. Sub zero iron is colder that a witches titty!

I used to always think that if you couldn’t lift something without straps then you shouldn’t be lifting it in the first place however I have changed my position on that as well and I use straps for shrugs and deadlifts and it has really helped to keep my wrist/forearm/elbow pain in check as well.

Yeah I’ve got carpel tunnel in both wrists. Fucking sucks!

theres nothing wrong with straps, I’ve got the ones with what looks like metal hooks on them.

When I got my first squat rack. I ordered up some gloves with the straps in em. Took some getting used to. I lifted in the basement with that rack and it sure was nice to have them on in the winter. But in the summer I could barley get them off. For me it was more for the wrist wraps. But eventually they ended up in the corner unused.

Nope. Made for a rough sex life in prison but I cannot do heavy deads or shrugs and wear gloves.

Get Shredded!
When I got my first squat rack. I ordered up some gloves with the straps in em. Took some getting used to. I lifted in the basement with that rack and it sure was nice to have them on in the winter. But in the summer I could barley get them off. For me it was more for the wrist wraps. But eventually they ended up in the corner unused.

Sounds like me when my wife brings her boyfriend around

When I first started out lifting weights I wore gloves. Over time I either lost them or they would start tearing, or I would keep them long enough that they smelled to high hell. I haven’t wore gloves in at least 10 years. I like the to feel the iron in my hands.

Since I wear gloves when I practice shooting, working on cars, lifting seems like a no brainer but only for certain exercises. My hands/forearms are I will bet all the money I have against any of YOU and your stacks have way more scar tissue. I have roughly 40 top 50% scar tissue and that is not an exaggeration. My physician marveled at how bad they were. Gunshot wound, many knife wounds, many burns, many cuts, etc. look like they went through ,meat grinder. So it aint about being a pussy, more about self consciousness to be honest. I wear long sleeves even in 119 degree heat in Phoenix and certainly in 100 plus with 90% humidity in the mid-west.

No gloves for me. Don't need them. I guess if they really helped, I would?

What is worse are guys using bar pad for squats......dear God. I'm not even talking about heavy weight either. There is something so "delicate" about a grown man using a bar pad....

I guess that’s all in who’s wearing them. Lol I said I must be a pussy and I’m ok with that but I’ll be damned if your gonna call my Mechanix gloves Bitch Mittens!!!! Lol.

Also you big bad mofos think finger and hand calluses are cool but I guarantee if you ask your old ladies they are gonna tell you they prefer nice smooth fingers when it counts. Just saying……..

Last edited:
I guess that’s all in who’s wearing them. Lol I said I must be a pussy and I’m ok with that but I’ll be damned if your gonna call my Mechanix gloves Bitch Mittens!!!! Lol.

Also you big bad mofos think finger and hand calluses are cool but I guarantee if you ask your old ladies they are gonna tell you they prefer nice smooth fingers when it counts. Just saying……..

She says she owes her orgasms to my callused fingers.

No gloves for me. Don't need them. I guess if they really helped, I would?

What is worse are guys using bar pad for squats......dear God. I'm not even talking about heavy weight either. There is something so "delicate" about a grown man using a bar pad....

No gloves here either, I like to feel what im grabbing.

But the puss pad for squats is the real question. My gym has shit broken all the time, or bench covers splitting but new puss pads seem to always be found.

How do you guys feel about face paint?

I was thinking about doing some road warrior or ultimate warrior or maybe sting (2000’s era) type face paint before back day tomorrow….

Back