• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PIP advice

IML Gear Cream!
We really need to make a sticky here on what to do with PIP because these topics appear to often.

Here are my tips:

Draw and inject with different needles
Massage the area after injection
Workout the muscle you injected in the gym
Use a heat pad when home
Use icy hot on the go
Keep massaging that area throughout the day
Hot showers help
Massage guns help too

And make sure you are cleaning the top of that vial with an alcohol wipe, every time...:coffee:

And make sure you are cleaning the top of that vial with an alcohol wipe, every time...:coffee:

Yes, add sanitation to that list.

Store vials correctly
Alcohol swab bottle before drawing
Alcohol swab area before injecting
Never use the same needle

Cool..Thanks Mont
First...the causes of PIP
1..high concentrations of hormones..ie.Test 400 or more is very common..if this is the case,dilute it with another compound that doesn't cause PIP...
2..Too much solvent or just a bad batch...this is common as well..
3.. Virgin Muscle
4..Just a bad shot...it happens
5.. Allergy to carrier oil...becoming a common thing as well
None of these should lead to infection but if it's red and hot...Something is off..

What can cause infections..
1..None sterile protocols,is usually the No.1 problem..either at the lab or at home..if it's the lab..Trash It
2..Not rotating sites and over using same spot before absorption..

I just listed a few...
This is an issue that comes up every other day on our forum..With new and older members..
Guys and Gals...please add to this so we can cover most issues..

Also,some home remedies and When it's time to seek medical help..
Thanks to Mont for making this a much needed sticky..

Cool..Thanks Mont
First...the causes of PIP
1..high concentrations of hormones..ie.Test 400 or more is very common..if this is the case,dilute it with another compound that doesn't cause PIP...
2..Too much solvent or just a bad batch...this is common as well..
3.. Virgin Muscle
4..Just a bad shot...it happens
5.. Allergy to carrier oil...becoming a common thing as well
None of these should lead to infection but if it's red and hot...Something is off..

What can cause infections..
1..None sterile protocols,is usually the No.1 problem..either at the lab or at home..if it's the lab..Trash It
2..Not rotating sites and over using same spot before absorption..

Good point regarding high concentrations. In my case it was test 400. I prefer 250.

I’m also proponent of two needles per pin, one to extract and one inject. Cuts down the risk.

Actually I'd probably just go ahead and pop an anti if you have one..being hot bad sign..infection..
Hey was it MCT oil..??
Is mct known to cause pip? I’ve got a little pip and some of my gear is made with mct oil. I’m not worried about mine but I am curious.

Get Shredded!
Yes
The protocols need to be explained in great detail..but
I would perfer for others to chime in as a group effort on this Sticky..

84 what has happened to me is what is referred to as crawling..
MCT is very thin and can be pushed out of the muscle into the layer between the skin and muscle..then it will actually move downward(gravity)..very painfull and it can get very bad.. usually takes a few days to dissolve..

Using the Z method explained in a BD article explaining different injection procedures..
I will try later to get that link up on this Sticky..Its just the trade off for wanting to use smaller needles..

84 what has happened to me is what is referred to as crawling..
MCT is very thin and can be pushed out of the muscle into the layer between the skin and muscle..then it will actually move downward(gravity)..very painfull and it can get very bad.. usually takes a few days to dissolve..

Using the Z method explained in a BD article explaining different injection procedures..
I will try later to get that link up on this Sticky..Its just the trade off for wanting to use smaller needles..

Just when I thought I’ve experienced all the different kinds of PIP, I get the mother of them all. I haven’t heard a single member here say they’ve experienced what happened to me a few weeks ago. This shit was no joke and thought I’d share my experience.

So using a 1.5” needle I’m 99% certain I accident injected into the Piriformis muscle. The muscle is in the gluteal region, I think behind the gluteus Maximus. It also happens to be the muscle that is either touching the sciatic nerve or in some cases containing the sciatic nerve (nerve runs through the muscle) 75% have type I muscle/nerve anatomy, 11% have type II (see picture below).

So anyways the injection felt fine to me at first. But the. After about 10 minutes I started to feel a slight pinch in my lower back on the that side of my body I did the injection. I didn’t think much of it and went to the gym by the time I left the gym I had this agonizing nerve pain from my lower back through my glute and down to the back of my knee… absolutely debilitating. I could barely drive and it couldn’t really keep my composure, I looked crazy because I would just be laughing because I was in so much pain. Sitting down was the worst and bending down at the waist would pinch it more.

So I figure that after the injection into this “virgin” muscle, it did what al muscles do the first time you out 1.5 mls of oil in it… it swelled up and knotted up… no big deal but when it’s a muscle with a big ass nerve running through it, that’s a whole nother story…

It’s this Thursday will he 4 weeks since that shot and my nerve is still a bit aggravated. Weeks 1-3 there was zero improvement, hurt just as much as the first day. Then all of a sudden this last week it started to ease up. Don’t need pain meds anymore. I’d say it’s about 80% healed 20% pinched now…

So just wanted to say this CAN happen. And it will probably have you a little worrried cause it is going to take a LONG time to heal, but it will heal.

So if this happens to you all the naproxen and IBprofen in the world will not even phase the pain. Excedrine is literally a life saver. Brought the pain from a 8 down to a 3 or 4. Made it possible to function.

Just wanted to share that experience as this sciatic nerve PIP is a whole nother beast and will not respond to everything listed above, and will take a long fucking time to heal.

Best bet is to avoid hitting that muscle. Stick to a 1” needle and don’t go too close inside towards your butt crack (pretty sure that’s what happened)…

Hope no one else has to experience this one, learn from my mistakes.

e2e781a43d3679726dde7040ba2a1a72.jpg

440f65d4c3bdb3f7825f6dd319f12fbc.jpg

My Injection and heating protocols
1...Wash hands before touching any vials.
2... Alcohol the vail stopper
3... I use a 20g loader needle... submerge it in Alcohol
4... open a new needle syringe(I always use BD)..take the needle off,don't take the needle out of the wrapper(putting on a dirty sink is bad Mojo)
5...pull 2cc's of air to flush the Alcohol out of the loader needle..
6...attach loader,flush with air,the pull 2 cc's..
7... inject air into vail and pull desired amout of gear..

Now if it's over 1cc I usually heat for better absorption..
1...heat 2 cup of water in the Mic for 2 mins. to boil...
2... allow to cool for a min. or 2..Then drop the syringe in..
3...after a min or less,quickly swap loader for the new needle..
4...prep injection spot with alcohol,inject with a slight downward angle(take between 20-30)
5... remove,alcohol area..and massage for about min.
6...please dispose of sharps in a safe manner...Please

I was handed down some of this from the Now Gone Warrior Blaze...and added a few things as time went on..Knocking on my night table right now..I have never had an infection..bad shots,well Hell yes,Hazmat scenes a few times..But nothing that knocked me out-of-the box..

I'm sure some of you have found some other/better ways over the yrs..
Hope this helps some..

Since its getting cold we can also add the old trick of using a hair dryer if you see crystals in your vial. Or putting in on the stove top.

Heating before pinning was never something I liked. I didn’t like the risk of injecting something hot inside me.

22g draw always seemed to work better than 21 or 20 because eventually you will get rubber from the stopper to go on your vial. Also depending how many times your pricking the vial. If your doing 1cc or more shots 20g is fine, but if your doing 1/2cc shots or less some rubber stoppers are cheaper than others and pieces will go in the oil eventually.

25g 1 inch to inject, and do that size in my glutes, quads, lats, shoulders, traps and chest with no problems.

I forget where I got it from...but the vial heating if crystals exist..I try a lot but this one seemed to work the Best for me..
You put a needle in the stopper to relieve air..but it doesn't touch the oil..in the oven on 180 degrees..put the vial in a pot but no water..
Then wait 15 to 20 minutes and shake like hell..

Only had a few with crystals in them..this worked on all but one,tossed..

As before mentioned this...PIP is just part of the game...but being prepared for sideways turns is smart..
Like having a strong AI incase you need it and having some antibiotics stashed for day in Question..

Point on this post is to be prepared..Know what to do when this happens

But know When to throw in the Towel and get medical attention..the antibiotics can take some worry out and give you some more time before getting help..BUT without anti's If things don't improve and Only get worse...better to be safe than sorry..

As before mentioned this...PIP is just part of the game...but being prepared for sideways turns is smart..
Like having a strong AI incase you need it and having some antibiotics stashed for day in Question..

Point on this post is to be prepared..Know what to do when this happens

But know When to throw in the Towel and get medical attention..the antibiotics can take some worry out and give you some more time before getting help..BUT without anti's If things don't improve and Only get worse...better to be safe than sorry..
Absolutely!

IML Gear Cream!
Good to know man… now the big question… when can I start pinning in that delt again?? lol. It’s my favorite. Doc told me once it’s back to normal give it another week
I'd wait til it's complete pain free and back to its normal color. Then I'd wait another few days to make sure. I've heard horror stories

Hey guys… is 21/2 cc too much for delt? I get some pip but no issues yet thank god.
Using a 23 g 1” pin. Thanks in advance

Hey guys… is 21/2 cc too much for delt? I get some pip but no issues yet thank god.
Using a 23 g 1” pin. Thanks in advance
I can do 1cc in delts.anymore no.and I would get 27g 25 will do..I use slin pins everywhere except glutes ..

I wanna put quads in rotation.. read some different things. Some say don’t do it and some have good results pinning there. Imma try it. Next pin. I’ve been doing delts & glutes up to 21/2cc no issues

I wanna put quads in rotation.. read some different things. Some say don’t do it and some have good results pinning there. Imma try it. Next pin. I’ve been doing delts & glutes up to 21/2cc no issues
Can Def put alot in a quad..may have some discomfort a few times..just don't do that day before training legs lol..2.5 cc ?? Of what??

1.25test
1.25mast E
Would I be better off doing prop . Less more frequently. Honestly I’ve thought about it but a little cautious about switching esters bc of some estrogen issues I had at the beginning.
Still got bacne from that shit and I like the place my nipples are in at the present time lol! Idk … I’m open to suggestions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back