• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Calling All Vets

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Like the Title says......
The backbone of any forum is the experience of the guys and ladies that have tried and failed copious times..but rose again to grind it out till it's Gold...That kind of determination needs recognition and is due it's respect..But it's Not All about PEDs....

It's about that thing call LIFE... that's the Real MoFo...and boy it can get in the Way...And boy don't I know it...!!

But We now have a place to spill it...Righ Here..

I don't want to know what you took,how long or even how much weight you can lift..NOPE...

I want to know when Life threw you that fast ball..What you did..?? Or how you crawled out of bed to the floor and stood...How you got through the Shit life throws at all of Us..

Not for just me..because I'm there now But for our Brothers that that Will face the same..That kind of intestinal fortitude...that gets me Hopeful,inspired and helps us All..

People that face an Everest of difficulty can Rise above...And Win...those are my Heroes..
And the selfishless contributions that they give...The CareTakers..Need to be Recognized Above All...

So,if this is something that sparks an interest...if you have been down these same roads or helped in anyway someone struggling to just Breathe...Share..inspire..Save...just one....

We may not Like the World outside but we can make changes that Do matter..matter too me..Anyway

Share.....

Bro-Where does one start.

I guess with my life, my wife
We have been married for 29 years and for the past 25 or so she has dealt with chronic pain/fatigue, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder and depression. When I say she, I MEAN WE!!!
It has been a rough road at times and I have entertained the though of just packing up and leaving, but I can't. Il love this girl too much. She is my life. But e Push through. I try to find ways to alleviate her pain like, massage, hot rock massage, cupping, tens. It helps for a while but then back to square one. The high side of bipolar, the manic phases, are great. But you always know that thy will not last and the depression hammer is going to fall. And it could be a turn on a dime. One second I cant keep with her then I find her in the bed crying. It is heart breaking because all you want to do is to protect her and give here relief but you can not do it. And I did not even over the obsessive compulsive disorder. It makes you feel like it is all your fault because you have failed her.
All I can do is continue to try. Hold her! Love her. Hug her tightly when she cries and reassure her that we will get thorough it.
I think that on some lee this I why I love bodybuilding. It some way it allows me to be in control.
Thanks for letting me vent brother. I do not know if this is exactly what you had planed for this thread but there you have it.

Bro-Where does one start.

I guess with my life, my wife
We have been married for 29 years and for the past 25 or so she has dealt with chronic pain/fatigue, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder and depression. When I say she, I MEAN WE!!!
It has been a rough road at times and I have entertained the though of just packing up and leaving, but I can't. Il love this girl too much. She is my life. But e Push through. I try to find ways to alleviate her pain like, massage, hot rock massage, cupping, tens. It helps for a while but then back to square one. The high side of bipolar, the manic phases, are great. But you always know that thy will not last and the depression hammer is going to fall. And it could be a turn on a dime. One second I cant keep with her then I find her in the bed crying. It is heart breaking because all you want to do is to protect her and give here relief but you can not do it. And I did not even over the obsessive compulsive disorder. It makes you feel like it is all your fault because you have failed her.
All I can do is continue to try. Hold her! Love her. Hug her tightly when she cries and reassure her that we will get thorough it.
I think that on some lee this I why I love bodybuilding. It some way it allows me to be in control.
Thanks for letting me vent brother. I do not know if this is exactly what you had planed for this thread but there you have it.

I *highly* recommend she give kratom a try. For the pain AND mood issues. Red for the pain and sleep. Green during the day. Have her start low 2-3g at a time until she can assess her tolerance. I've ran a couple of kratom logs on here if you want to check them out or ask questions, etc.

Just curious. Has she had a hysterectomy or has a doctor recommended by chance? She may experience issues ten times worse when she hits menopause without one. Food for thought.

She has been resistant to me getting Keaton, but I bought some for her for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. Red and green. She uses cbd/thc tabs and they help some. I have cbd roll on and ointment that I use when I give her massages. They also help a little but only for a short time.
She has not had a hysterectomy. She has resisted that as well. I just keep going and trying new this and slip something new inform time to time.
Again. Thanks for starting this thread. It actually felt good to vent. I don’t have a lot of friends out side of work and it’s not something that I’m willing to discus with team mates.

She has been resistant to me getting Keaton, but I bought some for her for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. Red and green. She uses cbd/thc tabs and they help some. I have cbd roll on and ointment that I use when I give her massages. They also help a little but only for a short time.
She has not had a hysterectomy. She has resisted that as well. I just keep going and trying new this and slip something new inform time to time.
Again. Thanks for starting this thread. It actually felt good to vent. I don’t have a lot of friends out side of work and it’s not something that I’m willing to discus with team mates.

Did you get some kratom from SUK? I found the head shop kratoms to be weak/unreliable. I'm not repping, just a fan boy. My wife uses the kratom as well and she is SUPER resistant to trying any of my "witch doctor" stuff as she calls it (herbs, supps, etc). She changed her opinion very quickly with the kratom. I mix it in grapefruit juice and give her some every night. If I'm late fixing it, she asks for her "voodoo juice".

Since you said she "resisted the hysterectomy" I'm guessing the doctor suggested one? Or maybe the family has suggested it? My wife was almost non functional 3 weeks of the month prior to getting hers. It was a HUGE game changer. Literally *everything* changed (and for the better). If she's anything like my wife, it will have to be her idea though. So good luck winning that battle.

Did you get some kratom from SUK? I found the head shop kratoms to be weak/unreliable. I'm not repping, just a fan boy. My wife uses the kratom as well and she is SUPER resistant to trying any of my "witch doctor" stuff as she calls it (herbs, supps, etc). She changed her opinion very quickly with the kratom. I mix it in grapefruit juice and give her some every night. If I'm late fixing it, she asks for her "voodoo juice".

Since you said she "resisted the hysterectomy" I'm guessing the doctor suggested one? Or maybe the family has suggested it? My wife was almost non functional 3 weeks of the month prior to getting hers. It was a HUGE game changer. Literally *everything* changed (and for the better). If she's anything like my wife, it will have to be her idea though. So good luck winning that battle.

I use a local company. They give me a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Even after Christmas. If it doesn’t work for her I bring back the left over and they will replace, refund or let me pick something different.
I’m the one that suggested the hyst.

I use a local company. They give me a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Even after Christmas. If it doesn’t work for her I bring back the left over and they will replace, refund or let me pick something different.
I’m the one that suggested the hyst.

If it helps, the wife's hyst was no big deal. I think she took 3 days off work, but she was 95% the next day. She said she had just a mild ache, that wasn't even really noticeable unless she was trying to do something major. And that was back in the early to mid 90's. I'm sure it's a lot better today.

Venting is good...Brother
I put my crazy girl on gummies and what a huge difference..
Perhaps a try with that as well..

If it helps, the wife's hyst was no big deal. I think she took 3 days off work, but she was 95% the next day. She said she had just a mild ache, that wasn't even really noticeable unless she was trying to do something major. And that was back in the early to mid 90's. I'm sure it's a lot better today.

This is great news brother im going to share with the wife because the doctor recommended one for her and she’s hesitant but mos def needs one. She has very bad monthly’s and is in horrible pain and mood due to that shit. It’s like crippling for her and painful for me too

IML Gear Cream!
This is great news brother im going to share with the wife because the doctor recommended one for her and she’s hesitant but mos def needs one. She has very bad monthly’s and is in horrible pain and mood due to that shit. It’s like crippling for her and painful for me too

I feel ya. I'm glad those days are behind me. I could literally pinpoint her periods. The full on "pained crazy bitch mode" would kick into full swing about 3 days before her period. Heaven help me if I pointed out the fact it was coming. I could tell her on a monday that it was going to hit by thursday and she would give me 3 days of "you always blame it on my period, blah, blah, blah." And then the thursday would come and she'd sheepishly admit that she started. It wasn't until AFTER the hysterectomy that she finally admitted to me (and herself) that she'd been a miserable bitchy person most of the time and it was 100% due to her periods. Having messed with my hormones through aas, I can have some sympathy for the mood swings. "Why am I crying at this song on the radio? Time to up my AI." :roflmao:

get a uterine ablasion . much easier

Wrote this on another forum and figured it applies.

My experience putting on mass as a hard gainer

I started training at the age of 19 due a a serious back injury from a motorcycle race crash. They had me start PT and I found out I enjoyed it. At 6?1? and 141 pounds I was definitely nothing special to look at. Over the years of trial and error I?ve come to a lot of conclusions and picked up a lot from other people. I also suffer from severe ibs which I’ve had to work around for about 15 years now and I’ve figured out a lot about nutrition from this. I ate and trained my way up to an all time high of 274 and set several all time powerlifting records a couple of which still stand. Heres some bullet points.
1. To gain size youre gonna need to get fat. Now don?t take this the wrong way and think you?ve gotta be a sloppy mess, but as an ecto you need calories and you?re going to have to eat a lot to overcome your fast metabolism. Good news is?.youve got that fats metabolism so when it comes time to cut it?ll be easier for you. If I drop carbs from two meals a day(which still has me at around 4-500 grams a day) I can consistently lose 1 or more pounds of fat a week for awhile before needing to make changes.

2. And one of the most important?.don?t eat foods you like, eat foods that like you. You?re gonna need a helluva a lot of food, and there?s no way you?ll put it all down if foods are giving you gas, bloating, acid reflux, etc. just because xyz bodybuilder eats it doesn?t mean you should. The only carb I can consistently eat in large quantity is white rice and I eat a shitload of it. 4 cups a day plus an additional 240 grams from cream of rice. White rice digests quickly and this is what you need. Can?t eat meal 3 if meal 2 is still in your stomach.

2a. Little bonus tip on rice, Thai sticky rice contains a muuuuch higher amount of amylopectin and less amylose than any other form of white rice. This makes it digest even more quickly than jasmine or basmati.

2b. Picked this up from Stan Efferding, add a little dextrose 1-2 tsp, on top of your rice. This stimulates amylase(carb digesting enzyme) in your mouth and aids in digestion of your rice. It makes it easier to consume more as well.

3. Fats your friend. But healthy fat. Grass fed butter, Mac nut oil, coconut oil, olive oil, beef tallow, less lean cuts of meat like ribeye, chuck roast, and chicken thighs are much more calorie dense and allow you to consume more calories without consuming more food.

4. Drink your calories. Adding things like fruit juices and Gatorade to meals makes it easier to fit in more carbs and calories without any additional food volume. Orange and cranberry juice in particular are stimulating to the liver and this can help boost appetite as well.

5. Eat at least one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. More is better for some people, but for me protein is much too satiating and I can?t eat much else if I try to go to 1.5-2 grams. Make up the difference by eating more carbs.

6. Training. Your training should be heavy, focused on progressive overload, and intense, but it should be lower volume. You?ve already got a muscle burning furnace of a metabolism, don?t stole it with too much activity. Dc training is where I built most of my size and I feel the 2 way split is perfect for most hard gainers. Or a push pull legs split.

7. Eat some damn junk food. You need the calories. But refer to rule 2. Try to eat things you know sit well for you. For some reason if I order 3 McDoubles and put all of it on one bun it tastes great, is a shitload of calories, and I digest it easily. A couple pieces if pizza on the other hand sticks with me forever and gives me gas and all kinds of stomach upset.

8. Beef!!! Eat as much of it as you can afford. But it in bulk, grind it up, whatever, but it just works better than other protein sources.

9. There?s a million other things I?m forgetting and I?ll update this post as it goes along, but feel free to ask any questions.​

DateAug 2021
Posts43
Post Thanks / Like

My experience putting on mass as a hard gainer

I started training at the age of 19 due a a serious back injury from a motorcycle race crash. They had me start PT and I found out I enjoyed it. At 6?1? and 141 pounds I was definitely nothing special to look at. Over the years of trial and error I?ve come to a lot of conclusions and picked up a lot from other people. I I I ate and trained my way up to an all time high of 274 and set several all time powerlifting records a couple of which still stand. Heres some bullet points.
1. To gain size youre gonna need to get fat. Now dont take this the wrong way and think youve gotta be a sloppy mess, but as an ecto you need calories and you?re going to have to eat a lot to overcome your fast metabolism. Good news is?.youve got that fats metabolism so when it comes time to cut it?ll be easier for you. If I drop carbs from two meals a day(which still has me at around 4-500 grams a day) I can consistently lose 1 or more pounds of fat a week for awhile before needing to make changes.

2. And one of the most important. dont eat foods you like, eat foods that like you. Youre gonna need a helluva a lot of food, and there?s no way youll put it all down if foods are giving you gas, bloating, acid reflux, etc. just because xyz bodybuilder eats it doesnt mean you should. The only carb I can consistently eat in large quantity is white rice and I eat a shitload of it. 4 cups a day plus an additional 240 grams from cream of rice. White rice digests quickly and this is what you need. Can?t eat meal 3 if meal 2 is still in your stomach.

2a. Little bonus tip on rice, Thai sticky rice contains a muuuuch higher amount of amylopectin and less amylose than any other form of white rice. This makes it digest even more quickly than jasmine or basmati.

2b. Picked this up from Stan Efferding, add a little dextrose 1-2 tsp, on top of your rice. This stimulates amylase(carb digesting enzyme) in your mouth and aids in digestion of your rice. It makes it easier to consume more as well.

3. Fats your friend. But healthy fat. Grass fed butter, Mac nut oil, coconut oil, olive oil, beef tallow, less lean cuts of meat like ribeye, chuck roast, and chicken thighs are much more calorie dense and allow you to consume more calories without consuming more food.

4. Drink your calories. Adding things like fruit juices and Gatorade to meals makes it easier to fit in more carbs and calories without any additional food volume. Orange and cranberry juice in particular are stimulating to the liver and this can help boost appetite as well.

5. Eat at least one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. More is better for some people, but for me protein is much too satiating and I can?t eat much else if I try to go to 1.5-2 grams. Make up the difference by eating more carbs.

6. Training. Your training should be heavy, focused on progressive overload, and intense, but it should be lower volume. You?ve already got a muscle burning furnace of a metabolism, don?t stole it with too much activity. Dc training is where I built most of my size and I feel the 2 way split is perfect for most hard gainers. Or a push pull legs split.

7. Eat some damn junk food. You need the calories. But refer to rule 2. Try to eat things you know sit well for you. For some reason if I order 3 McDoubles and put all of it on one bun it tastes great, is a shitload of calories, and I digest it easily. A couple pieces if pizza on the other hand sticks with me forever and gives me gas and all kinds of stomach upset.

8. Beef!!! Eat as much of it as you can afford. But it in bulk, grind it up, whatever, but it just works better than other protein sources.

9. There?s a million other things I?m forgetting and I?ll update this post as it goes along, but feel free to ask any questions.​

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about all the ?s. The forum changed all apostrophes to ?

- - - Updated - - -

10. Forgot a huge one. Digestive enzymes. These will help you digest more food. You can only process what your can digest. You want a product with protease(preferably more than one kind) amylase, and lipase at the very minimum. Other great things to be in there are papain, lactase, bromelain, ox bile. One of these before larger meal really can help make a difference.

11. Gut health is everything. I have ibs and eating is difficult for me. 10 grams of glutamine first thing in the morning and before bed on an empty stomach goes a long way towards keeping your intestinal tract healthy and avoiding leaky gut syndrome which trust me?.will wreak havoc on your body. As your push bodyweight up you?ll also have to push food and finding ways to help your gut is crucial to consume these amounts of food. Eat fermented foods. Saurkraut and kimchi are two of my favorites and I eat so much I make them myself by the gallon. You can also take a probiotic, but getting it from food will always be better

Back