• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Newbie First cycle

Newbie07

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m a 23Yr Old male, I’ve been weightlifting for about 2 years now with a few breaks mixed in. I weigh 155lbs at 6’1 (8-10% body fat)so I’m no where near big but I’m defined and starting to gain mass. I’m interested in taking gear to get to my goal of 165-170lbs at the same body fat as I currently am. I was thinking about 20-40mg anavar daily for 8 weeks followed by 100-150mg Test E weekly for 10 weeks followed by 3 weeks of Clomid PCT. I heard anavar is on the “safer” side with less harmful effects compared to other compounds. Since Im not looking for crazy huge gains does this sound like an effective cycle? Please let me know id love to hear all the wisdom you guys have for me.

Skip the gear and learn to eat until you absafuckingloutely hate eating.

Steroids are bad for you and gave Lyle Asadero cancer of the brain.

I’m a 23Yr Old male, I’ve been weightlifting for about 2 years now with a few breaks mixed in. I weigh 155lbs at 6’1 (8-10% body fat)so I’m no where near big but I’m defined and starting to gain mass. I’m interested in taking gear to get to my goal of 165-170lbs at the same body fat as I currently am. I was thinking about 20-40mg anavar daily for 8 weeks followed by 100-150mg Test E weekly for 10 weeks followed by 3 weeks of Clomid PCT. I heard anavar is on the “safer” side with less harmful effects compared to other compounds. Since Im not looking for crazy huge gains does this sound like an effective cycle? Please let me know id love to hear all the wisdom you guys have for me.

Yeahhhh...I'm just going to assume this is a troll post with all of that. If not, you need to learn a LOT more.

I would “Max Out” completely:
1. Hire local or online coach
2. Not use anything until you work with someone daily for 8-12 weeks and see what the can do with zero PED’s (besides food/and a few supplementals) .

If you are jet set on blasting - get bloods and physical . Then most or some : (including myself for 1st cycle ) I did 2 amps of Sustanon per week (Mon/Thur) and ate a super excess of calories w 5-10g Creatine Monohhydrate for 8 weeks. I would highly suggest getting an appointment with Montego1 (Pro Trainer here)

Max

Not a troll, but based on the responses looks like this is not the right path for me. Any advice for getting to my goal without the gear then? I don’t have anyone in my life that’s into weight lifting

I would “Max Out” completely:
1. Hire local or online coach
2. Not use anything until you work with someone daily for 8-12 weeks and see what the can do with zero PED’s (besides food/and a few supplementals) .

If you are jet set on blasting - get bloods and physical . Then most or some : (including myself for 1st cycle ) I did 2 amps of Sustanon per week (Mon/Thur) and ate a super excess of calories w 5-10g Creatine Monohhydrate for 8 weeks. I would highly suggest getting an appointment with Montego1 (Pro Trainer here)

Max

I like your advice, I currently have gorilla mode preworkout which I think meets those creatine goals. I currently strive to eat 2,500 calories per day. I seem to have a really fast metabolism and always had a really difficult time putting on any kind of weight throughout my life. Do you think 2,500 is enough or should I push for 3,000? I currently eat a little less than a pound of pasta and a pound of ground beef per day with a few smaller things mixed in.

Last edited:
Not a troll, but based on the responses looks like this is not the right path for me. Any advice for getting to my goal without the gear then? I don’t have anyone in my life that’s into weight lifting

You need to eat! You are obviously a fast metabolism hard gainer. You need to eat and eat some more. Start counting calories and eat in a surplus of 500 calories above maintenance.

I knew a lot of responses were going to be eat more and I believe that is the right decision. at 23 you don't want to be fucking around with your dick function and a host of other issues that can occur. your still in the hormone prime of your life, as Max stated , look for a solid coach and if you can't afford one than read as much on this forum as you can, educate yourself, do not make this decision carelessly, now some guys are going to say when I was 23 I was doing this and I was doing that, that is ultimately your decision, just do it with loads of information...:coffee:

Thank you all with the advice, I wasn’t deadest on gear but it’s clear it’s not the move to make now. I strive for 2,500 calories and I eat a little less than a pound of pasta and a pound of ground beef per day with a few smaller things mixed in the day. Do you think it’s worth it to try and push for 3,000 calories? I can do 2,500 relatively easy (mind over matter) but I find myself not knowing what other types of calorie dense foods to eat

IML Gear Cream!
With your stats, ~2000 cals is your rmr. So if you did NO exercise, 2500 cals would make you gain a pound a week (which would be mostly fat since you wouldn't be exercising). So if you're rmr is 2000 *and* you're burning 500 cals per workout daily (2500 total), you need to be eating 3000 cals a day to add a lean pound of mass per week. Those numbers are for example only. Adjust as needed.

If I were you, I'd shoot for 225g of protein every day. You can add calorie dense foods like peanut butter, nuts, etc if you have trouble getting "healthy" calories in.

With your stats, ~2000 cals is your rmr. So if you did NO exercise, 2500 cals would make you gain a pound a week (which would be mostly fat since you wouldn't be exercising). So if you're rmr is 2000 *and* you're burning 500 cals per workout daily (2500 total), you need to be eating 3000 cals a day to add a lean pound of mass per week. Those numbers are for example only. Adjust as needed.

If I were you, I'd shoot for 225g of protein every day. You can add calorie dense foods like peanut butter, nuts, etc if you have trouble getting "healthy" calories in.

Awesome, this is the info I needed. I never took into consideration the amount of calories I burn during workout which makes a lot of sense in hindsight. I’d say I roughly consume 160g protein so I have room to improve there to. Seems as if I need to double the effort I do in the gym but for diet instead. I always knew it was a a lot but not this much. Currently I favor eating more carbs than fats, I’ve always bought 90% lean beef. Would you recommend dropping it to 80% and getting that extra 600-700 calories in fat? Or should I keep my eyes on protein and carbs.

Build your foundation first. Eating protein is best but shakes can get your protein values up. In my opinion fats should be more than carbs. Just an opinion. Carbs are needed though

These guys all have you on the correct path food is your friend in this situation you are still going to make Alot of gains by upping cals and protein.

Hit me up anytime im happy to help good for you for accepting the advice given bigmurph@roidshop.to

Awesome, this is the info I needed. I never took into consideration the amount of calories I burn during workout which makes a lot of sense in hindsight. I’d say I roughly consume 160g protein so I have room to improve there to. Seems as if I need to double the effort I do in the gym but for diet instead. I always knew it was a a lot but not this much. Currently I favor eating more carbs than fats, I’ve always bought 90% lean beef. Would you recommend dropping it to 80% and getting that extra 600-700 calories in fat? Or should I keep my eyes on protein and carbs.

I probably wouldn't trade my protein grams for fat grams in your scenario (because it sounds like you aren't taking in enough overall). If you start taking in excess carbs, your body is going to want to store the excess as fat (eventually). At 155 pounds, you have nowhere to go but up. At 6'1" you should be able to hit an incredible looking 220ish before you even start needing to think about gear. As has already been mentioned, you just need to eat more. Enjoy this long bulk period while you can still add in "fun" things. And learn along the way.

I love all the replies thank you guys so much! I appreciate the feedback as it’s probably pretty easy to rip a new guy like me apart with what I stated in my original post. This is what I needed to hear. I’ll update you guys in a few months!

You’ll likely be wasting that few months. Based on your questions I am seeing exactly the type of person who should hire a competent coach. For the life of me I don’t understand why guys are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on gear whilst winging it with whatever info they pull from the internet but won’t spend any money on a coach.
I have no idea what Montego1 charges but I will go out on a very sturdy limb and say the money is better spent with him.

You’ll likely be wasting that few months. Based on your questions I am seeing exactly the type of person who should hire a competent coach. For the life of me I don’t understand why guys are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on gear whilst winging it with whatever info they pull from the internet but won’t spend any money on a coach.
I have no idea what Montego1 charges but I will go out on a very sturdy limb and say the money is better spent with him.

Seconded.

I agree I would benefit from a coach. I’ll get my 10 posts in and shoot some pm’s thanks for the recommendation

I can guarantee this

A good coach can cut the learning curve greatly as well. I’ve been lifting weights since I was 13. I’m 44 now. We didn’t have the tools that are available now. I had muscle & fitness and Flex magazines .

There are some good trainers on you tube as well. Just learn as much as you can. Try every training method. Eventually you’ll find what works for you. Remember, steroids are only a small percentage of the equation. Training intensity(mind muscle connection), Food, and rest are the most important.

Yes. Get Jordan Peters trained by JP app. it’s around $10 a month and also go read everything you can find by Dante Trudel. Scott Stevenson has an amazing book called be your own bodybuilding coach. Chris Aceto has a few awesome books as well that are old and insanely cheap. Shelby Starnes has some great books as well. Trevor Smith had some great information put out as well. This should do you for about a life time of knowledge worth it’s weight in gold.

I think it should be a sticky..
Before any use of PED's..get a good coach and push that Natural envelope as far as humanely possible then..and Only then turn to the Dark Side..

Back