Calling all the old farts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,403
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,376
    Thanked in
    1,366 Posts
    Rep Points
    38619552

    Calling all the old farts

    Ok so be honest cause this shit bothers me constantly. Approximately what age did you guys really notice a drop of in overall performance? 40ís? 50ís?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    zionoir626's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blue Ridge
    Posts
    4,995

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,368
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,520
    Thanked in
    1,574 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    50 hurt hard...

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Glycomann's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    dungeon
    Posts
    734

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    168
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    617
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Rep Points
    240567415

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Ok so be honest cause this shit bothers me constantly. Approximately what age did you guys really notice a drop of in overall performance? 40ís? 50ís?
    It drops in segments. Some things you retain longer than others. At 30 I could fight into the finals at national level. At 35 you could train at elite level camps. At 45 I could still travel around the world and walk into any dojo confident. At 53 you could still squat 315 for 22 reps. At 57 Squating requires way more ancillary work for half the weight. At 35 knee pain limits activity. At 45 back pain comes into fore. At 55 training style shifts dramatically. Health becomes more a priority. Downsize happens. Muscle memory comes in more and more to play. Volume becomes more valuable. Stretching and activities to maintain athleticism increase in importance. 60s come and you look better than you should and people are impressed and confused. You have a little stash of PEDs that work really well for you even when your health markers are in line. Ignoring people that annoy you becomes easier. You become selective to whom you provide your opinion. You know what works. You know your mistakes. You know the path. You don't care about opinions so much. You have success in other areas. You really appreciate music that is 40 years old. You realize the best women are not the hottest. You feel fortunate for the old days. You know you are still a badass. You know you are part of a brotherhood. You revel in the house of pain.
    Last edited by Glycomann; 11-19-2021 at 05:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    RoyKeane's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    147

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    139
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points
    1400100

    I hit 50, and I realized I was a strong, but fat fuck. And I was getting fatter no matter what I did. Low T, TRT and you know the restÖ.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    404

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    175
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Rep Points
    436827734

    Around 48 I noticed a definite slowdown but kept pushing and started TRT and found this group. I definitely have made better gains in 4 years than I ever have. The best part I finally have found my abs. Iím no Greek god but Iím pleased that I can take my shirt off and not be embarrassed!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12,314

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,981
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,713
    Thanked in
    2,991 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I've started slowing down at 50...but still kept plugging away even at 57 now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyKeane View Post
    I hit 50, and I realized I was a strong, but fat fuck. And I was getting fatter no matter what I did. Low T, TRT and you know the restÖ.
    Keep at it you'll look like that jacked grandpa in your avatar brother!
    Show me

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Riles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pacific NorthWest
    Posts
    1,593

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    252
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    71
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    At 40 my test level was only 249, TRT has been amazing, my 35 year old daughters friends all call me ďJacked DadĒ lol
    "Pick up the bar! that shit aint gonna lift itself!" M. Philp

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Seattlesbest's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Big Green
    Posts
    12,016

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,014
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,046
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    33 and my left shoulder hurts sometimes🤧
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.


  9. #9
    Registered User
    Oldschool's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,734

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    579
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,262
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    63...
    SCIENCE TO PRACTICE

  10. #10
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,623

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22,606
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,229
    Thanked in
    12,888 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
    It drops in segments. Some things you retain longer than others. At 30 I could fight into the finals at national level. At 35 you could train at elite level camps. At 45 I could still travel around the world and walk into any dojo confident. At 53 you could still squat 315 for 22 reps. At 57 Squating requires way more ancillary work for half the weight. At 35 knee pain limits activity. At 45 back pain comes into fore. At 55 training style shifts dramatically. Health becomes more a priority. Downsize happens. Muscle memory comes in more and more to play. Volume becomes more valuable. Stretching and activities to maintain athleticism increase in importance. 60s come and you look better than you should and people are impressed and confused. You have a little stash of PEDs that work really well for you even when your health markers are in line. Ignoring people that annoy you becomes easier. You become selective to whom you provide your opinion. You know what works. You know your mistakes. You know the path. You don't care about opinions so much. You have success in other areas. You really appreciate music that is 40 years old. You realize the best women are not the hottest. You feel fortunate for the old days. You know you are still a badass. You know you are part of a brotherhood. You revel in the house of pain.
    ^ Metric shit ton of wisdom here.

    So yeah, somewhere in my early to mid 40's was my downturn. Got my test checked and was a paltry 93. Got to researching trt, stumbled across this site (so much more valuable information than anywhere else), and the rest is history.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    REHH's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    14,347

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,655
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,229
    Thanked in
    3,429 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Late 40s is where I really noticed but I have some serious health problems that contribute.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Contact: ironlion@keemail.me
    Website: www.ironlion-lab.is
    Wickr: ironlionlabs


    Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

  12. #12
    Gym Derelict


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15,399

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,219
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,739
    Thanked in
    2,227 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Genetics determines much of how you will age and everything else is far behind.

    Treat yourself well as you get older and you will do well, abuse yourself and it will be worse.

    In my 60s and I can say I am certainly not the stud I was earlier in my life but when it comes to heavy lifting at work I'm the first one they call on.

    I look better than any other crew member and some are in their 20s. Besides the superficial part of it I still feel great and weight training will hopefully be part of my life until the end.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,312

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,403
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,376
    Thanked in
    1,366 Posts
    Rep Points
    38619552

    Well thanks to all of you for replying. By the sounds of things I shouldnít make plans to take the bridge just yet. Hell I may have another 20 good years although I definitely didnít pamper my body so far.

    Ok so sorry to go here and again this is a serious question. What about the sex part? Other than maybe having to take the blue pill are there any other changes I need to start preparing for? Iím assuming your mindset changes at some point where you could care less about this shit? Hopefully anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Genetics determines much of how you will age and everything else is far behind.

    Treat yourself well as you get older and you will do well, abuse yourself and it will be worse.

    In my 60s and I can say I am certainly not the stud I was earlier in my life but when it comes to heavy lifting at work I'm the first one they call on.

    I look better than any other crew member and some are in their 20s. Besides the superficial part of it I still feel great and weight training will hopefully be part of my life until the end.

  14. #14
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,623

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22,606
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,229
    Thanked in
    12,888 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Well thanks to all of you for replying. By the sounds of things I shouldnít make plans to take the bridge just yet. Hell I may have another 20 good years although I definitely didnít pamper my body so far.

    Ok so sorry to go here and again this is a serious question. What about the sex part? Other than maybe having to take the blue pill are there any other changes I need to start preparing for? Iím assuming your mindset changes at some point where you could care less about this shit? Hopefully anyway.

    There's no dirty old men where you live? Weird.

    Yeah, when my test was super low, then sex was a bit like taking out the trash. I did it once a week because it needed it. As many guys are on trt any more, it's really up to the individual if they go quietly into the night. Personally, I'll be pinning until they stick me in the nursing home.

  15. #15
    Gym Derelict


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15,399

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,219
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,739
    Thanked in
    2,227 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Well thanks to all of you for replying. By the sounds of things I shouldnít make plans to take the bridge just yet. Hell I may have another 20 good years although I definitely didnít pamper my body so far.

    Ok so sorry to go here and again this is a serious question. What about the sex part? Other than maybe having to take the blue pill are there any other changes I need to start preparing for? Iím assuming your mindset changes at some point where you could care less about this shit? Hopefully anyway.
    A lot of members are going to call bullshit on me. Having said that me and wife are having best sex ever.

    TRT obviously helps but don't forget the HCG. It's like you are blasting the sex drive is so good. HCG for testicular health plus volume of sperm for a much more satisfying orgasm.

    I wouldn't change this for anything, I have found my nirvana with this combination.

    Cialis is best, slightly harder erection but nothing monumental. It's worth it but not a game changer.

Similar Threads

  1. Tren for the old farts
    By hot rod in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-07-2020, 04:11 AM
  2. Farts
    By Oldschool in forum The Pit
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 10:06 AM
  3. Calling out bc123jm ( thegame is calling )
    By thegame in forum The Pit
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 04:03 PM
  4. Calling out BC123Jm ( Sumner is calling )
    By Sumner in forum The Pit
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 07:47 AM
  5. Farts
    By BigTime in forum The Pit
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2022 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums