• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

World Economic Forum - Cyber Pandemic

As if you didn’t have enough to worry about between the pandemic, the murder hornets, and the creepy robots that will probably rise up against us any day. Now you can add massive blackouts caused by cyberattacks on our energy grid to the list. That’s the message that was being put out by our new Energy Department Secretary Jennifer Granholm this weekend. She appeared on Jake Tapper’s show on CNN Sunday morning and painted a rather scary picture of “malign actors” among our adversaries, including the Russians, who are regularly launching cyberattacks and trying to shut down the United States power grid. And at least in the estimation of some security experts, they may have the ability to do it. So why do you still have enough electricity and web access to be reading this article? Well, we may have simply gotten lucky thus far...

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/06/07/granholm-yes-hackers-could-shut-down-our-power-grid-n394926

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/threads/113652-What-s-next-on-the-global-agenda

^ My money is on cyber attack happening sooner than later. I didn't keep that thread going above, but I've still been following the attacks. FBI was hacked this week and a bogus "emergency notice" was sent out. They still haven't mopped up the HUGE china attack that infiltrated most of our systems. And that's probably been a year ago now.

If you notice in that thread, there is mention of a globally govt mandated "anti virus" software. That is when it is going to hit the fan. They already have the ability to shutdown the internet, or portions thereof, if they wanted to. "They" being the world players. But they need it to look like it was malicious outside interference and not our own govts shutting things down. Even though the internet was supposed to be this big interconnected web of redundant devices, it has now been monopolized by a few key players. All it would take is for one of them to go down. Like akamai. They have "hiccups" periodically and all hell breaks loose. Can you imagine social media, etc going down and you are reduced to relying on msm news for information? What a joke.

I am right there with you on this and I believe when Facebook had it's outage recently in October (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/05/facebook-says-sorry-for-mass-outage-and-reveals-why-it-happened.html) this was just a way of "testing the waters" of impact. I have heard rumors of a "global anti-virus", this thing is going to be mandated and played just like COVID. It's also scary to think that this is of no real priority to help us fend off attacks from other countries; however, if they are looking to bring down the internet for more control and censorship - why bother trying to really have any defense that may incriminate or mitigate plans of their own doing? Our internet is very much so monopolized; however, I feel the only real way to "take everyone offline" would be the power grids and eliminate the ability for anyone to be online altogether. Unless, of course, they are going to be introducing their own software/anti-virus defense (which is more going to be for censorship, tracking, and control than anything else).

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/threads/113652-What-s-next-on-the-global-agenda

^ My money is on cyber attack happening sooner than later. I didn't keep that thread going above, but I've still been following the attacks. FBI was hacked this week and a bogus "emergency notice" was sent out. They still haven't mopped up the HUGE china attack that infiltrated most of our systems. And that's probably been a year ago now.

If you notice in that thread, there is mention of a globally govt mandated "anti virus" software. That is when it is going to hit the fan. They already have the ability to shutdown the internet, or portions thereof, if they wanted to. "They" being the world players. But they need it to look like it was malicious outside interference and not our own govts shutting things down. Even though the internet was supposed to be this big interconnected web of redundant devices, it has now been monopolized by a few key players. All it would take is for one of them to go down. Like akamai. They have "hiccups" periodically and all hell breaks loose. Can you imagine social media, etc going down and you are reduced to relying on msm news for information? What a joke.
people seem to like mandates and authorisms, this is what happens when education fails

Multi have you seen this? I sent it to a friend a week or so ago...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/mcafe...ity-group-as-it-focuses-on-consumer-security/

Multi have you seen this? I sent it to a friend a week or so ago...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/mcafe...ity-group-as-it-focuses-on-consumer-security/

I missed that. McAfee isn't the player it used to be. MS has all but crushed them, imo. Why would anyone pay for antivirus when Windows comes with it for "free"? I'm not saying they won't maintain a niche market, but they'll never be on top again. About all they have going for them is old farts like me who remember how good they "used" to be.

I missed that. McAfee isn't the player it used to be. MS has all but crushed them, imo. Why would anyone pay for antivirus when Windows comes with it for "free"? I'm not saying they won't maintain a niche market, but they'll never be on top again. About all they have going for them is old farts like me who remember how good they "used" to be.

Its about having these equity groups owning one of the top anti virus companies in the world. Just think of all of the nefarious outcomes, piggybacking on what the OP posted... They can open a gateway to every computer being susceptible to attack.

Its about having these equity groups owning one of the top anti virus companies in the world. Just think of all of the nefarious outcomes, piggybacking on what the OP posted... They can open a gateway to every computer being susceptible to attack.

I'm with ya. MS has still done the heavy lifting though. :winkfinger:

There really isn't an antivirus I would trust any more. Kapersky was caught with russian backdoors. So there's the "top 3" compromised. If anyone gets big enough, they are bought up by one of the existing heavy hitters (like most things). It's too big a hassle for the average joe to stay up on the "latest and greatest" and people will continue to use what came with the pc.

I'm with ya. MS has still done the heavy lifting though. :winkfinger:

There really isn't an antivirus I would trust any more. Kapersky was caught with russian backdoors. So there's the "top 3" compromised. If anyone gets big enough, they are bought up by one of the existing heavy hitters (like most things). It's too big a hassle for the average joe to stay up on the "latest and greatest" and people will continue to use what came with the pc.

I literally shuddered when I read of the sale.

IML Gear Cream!
Whatever MS gets its hands on tends to turn into turds. Windows 11 is one big turd as it is, for example as it's larded with spyware and junk.

Last edited:
I literally shuddered when I read of the sale.
I have never used any McAfee product except it's required on my work computer. Been happy with running Linux instead of Windows on my home machines and when I need to run Windows I run it in a VM.

I have never used any McAfee product except it's required on my work computer. Been happy with running Linux instead of Windows on my home machines and when I need to run Windows I run it in a VM.

I used to run Linux... I may start switching back to it and run a VM for Windows, not a bad idea. I also need to start getting back into running my own NAS array, locally controlled and secured instead of having everything on the cloud.

Been getting lazy lately.

I used to run Linux... I may start switching back to it and run a VM for Windows, not a bad idea. I also need to start getting back into running my own NAS array, locally controlled and secured instead of having everything on the cloud.

Been getting lazy lately.
Linux is becoming much easier to install these days...even easier than installing Windows. I do a lot of Windows server VM administration for work and these Windows Server VM's run on VMWare ESXi which is based on Linux.

As for the cloud that's where MS is heading and I deal with the cloud for many of the applications that the hospital I work at uses for patient care. Personally I'd prefer keeping my own stuff on a local machine but Windows 11 is pretty cloud based so Linux for me is where I keep control of my data.

Cyber attacks are becoming quite common and I had to deal with a lot of these on the servers that I manage at work.

Last edited:
Back