• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why are glucose and a1c levels high with HGH?

Soundcubed

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have been on HGH for 6 months now and loving it. My buddy who was on 4iu a day said his glucose and a1c levels were high. Is this a serious problem? Can these levels be tested with a normal CBC blood test? I am only on 2iu a day.

What is a1c and what happens when glucose and a1c is high?

It can be controlled by diet and/or proper use of : gda supplements, medications like metformin, insulin. Thyroid is another factor that needs to be controlled. HGH, gh peptides/secretogogues do increase blood glucose and if the individual does not test using strips/monitor ; they can have adverse effects. IMO: physicians should prescribe proper medications concomitant with rHGH in amounts used for enhancement. People using for anti-aging .8-2iu , most likely wouldn’t have such issues . If doing 4-12iu a day or however they are doing it, t4 thyroid and a glargine/basaglar long acting insulin, glp-1 , oral metformin can keep levels from spiking and improve the rHGH efficacy.

Max
Just food for thought.

Actually my girl is on 2iu a day same as me... Do we need to worry about anything? Should we get a CBC done and check glucose and a1c?

- - - Updated - - -

We have lost bodyfat being on for about 6 months at 2iu.

exogenous hGH induces insulin resistance. glucose stays in blood > hyperglycemia.

endocrine physiologists have termed it a diabetogenic hormone

Actually my girl is on 2iu a day same as me... Do we need to worry about anything? Should we get a CBC done and check glucose and a1c?

- - - Updated - - -

We have lost bodyfat being on for about 6 months at 2iu.

Bloodwork should always be done while on a new medication. (Generally) I would want to see my CBC/Diff ,CMP,total/free test/igf1/estradiol/PSA once , then you could just watch for any sides. “If I take a new “brand” I do a gh serum test to see if it’s real. I like to see a 17-28
Gh serum.

Max

Everyone should be checking fasting blood glucose weekly at a minimum imo. Super easy and cheap way to accurately monitor at least one health marker.
Even though I used to get insulin resistance from HGH, it never really changed my A1c very much. A quick internet search will inform you of the correlation between BG and A1c.

I used to augment my natural insulin level with a long acting exogenous insulin when running HGH. This was done based on fasting blood glucose level tested with a blood drop style monitor. One Touch Ultra 2 to be exact.
This time I am running more GH than ever and monitoring my blood glucose with a Freestyle Libre CGM. I am shocked how well my body is controlling blood sugar, not needing exogenous insulin. It hasn’t risen above 139 and not below 76. The graph shows exellent natural compensation through six meals, workouts with Cluster Dextrins and significantlymore carbs than I have eaten in decades.
Blood drop style monitor (all monitors actually) have at least a 10% fudge factor.

The bottom line is that no one should be just “winging it” regarding ANY hormonal manipulation. Testing equipment is cheap. Blood test are cheap. And you can’t put a price on good health.

Either Metformin or Long lasting slin will help with that when using HGH.

Back