• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Victor Richards Has Reportedly Passed Away At 56 Years Old

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Early reports indidcate that former bodybuilder Victor Richards has passed away at age 56.

This has been a devastating year in the sport of bodybuilding and there has been some more tragic news. Victor Richards has reportedly passed away at the age of 56, according to GI Russia and a Facebook post by Andreas Cahling. The cause of death has not been released.

At the time of this writing there has been no official announcement by the Richard family or exact confirmation on the date and time of his passing. News of his passing is beginning to spread across social media – and sources close to Generation Iron have reported that Victor Richards has died.

Originally born in Nigeria, Richards gained a passion for bodybuilding early on in his life. He was a three-sport athlete in high school who excelled in football, wrestling, and track and field. This is when he began to improve his physique. Richards earned his pro card while in Nigeria.

Victor Richards’ competitive history began in 1982 when he entered The American Cup. He finished first in the teenage heavyweight division and second overall. Richards continued to work on his physique and by age 18, he grew to 240 pounds. Richards entered The Orange County Muscle Classic where he finished fourth. At 19 years old, Richards was becoming a well known name and that only continued as he progressed.

Richards began appearing on the cover of fitness magazines at 21 years old. He carried a massive frame that weighed close to 300 pounds of solid muscle. In 1992, Richards entered the 1992 Nigerian Championships and finished in first place. This is where he earned his Pro card. Despite the achievement, Richards did not compete in the IFBB. There was a bit of resistance that kept Richards from entering an NPC competition and taking the next step toward the IFBB.

During his early days of bodybuilding, Richards looked up to the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sergio Oliva. This is not surprising given his massive build and passion for the sport.

Victor Richards competed in just five competitors during his career and earned four victories. It remains a mystery why he was never able to compete in the IFBB despite earning his Pro card in Nigeria.

Victor Richards Bodybuilding History
  • 1982 American Cup – 2nd
  • 1983 Teen Los Angeles – 1st
  • 1984 California Gold Cup Classic – 1st
  • 1989 Mr. Barbados – 1st
  • 1992 Nigerian Championships – 1st and Overall

Attachments

• 19095639_888806891257727_558275385706856890_o.jpg
    19095639_888806891257727_558275385706856890_o.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 76
That sucks. He was a massive Bodybuilder. Everyone said he was super nice and loved to guest pose. Made some money apparently.

Max

That sucks. He was a massive Bodybuilder. Everyone said he was super nice and loved to guest pose. Made some money apparently.

Max
I met Victor Richards in c. 1983 at the very first gym ever joined. Even back then he was f'ng massive, at least 300lbs. if not heavier. I was 22 years old and a buck fifty soaking wet. I didn't know this at the time, but Richards would have been 18-19 years when I met him. We trained together many times, well, he tossed the 200lb dumbbells around and I spotted him, lol But tbh I really don't know why, he didn't need my help one bit. He trained like an beast, but still took the time to mentor me, very solid dude. I owe my start in bodybuilding to Victor Richards

I met Victor Richards in c. 1983 at the very first gym ever joined. Even back then he was f'ng massive, at least 300lbs. if not heavier. I was 22 years old and a buck fifty soaking wet. I didn't know this at the time, but Richards would have been 18-19 years when I met him. We trained together many times, well, he tossed the 200lb dumbbells around and I spotted him, lol But tbh I really don't know why, he didn't need my help one bit. He trained like an beast, but still took the time to mentor me, very solid dude. I owe my start in bodybuilding to Victor Richards

That is very cool! My papa said he was quite the performer onstage ! He had a whole robofreak type routine to cool music & strobe lights! He was always nice to him and said he was always down to fly or drive out for any shows and was more than open when talking AAS. I got some insider info on cycling but, I will keep that too myself as it is just what I was told and it was minor stuff. But, omg looking at the pics & vids ; he was massive . I don’t know what his issue was about not really competing though (wondering if Weiders has him Blackballed or something) Seeing his massive frame; you’d think he would have competed in the Olympia. Mad Respect for another Bodybuilder.

Max

He is alive.
What the hell is wrong with people nowdays!
Even Samir Bannout posted same shit and was saying he knew him from day one, looks like he didnt talk to him in ages.
Shame on you Samir for reposting fake news!

YouTubers, the new "CNN" or "MSM", everyone wants to be "First" despite having any facts...

Now I'm hearing he really is dead.....dead, not dead, now dead again...geez

IML Gear Cream!
Wow...or was the wrong person reported dead? But on the bright side he's still on this earth. Some Youtuber had to badly muck it up.

Now I'm hearing he really is dead.....dead, not dead, now dead again...geez
Yeah, something is definitely wonky. If he's alive, why hasn't he come out and posted something?

Has the bodybuilding guru of all time and space, Venom Vince Goodrum reported on this yet??

"WHATS GOING ON EVERBODY, VINCE GOODRUM HERE, IT IS SAT NIGHT, JUST CHILLIN"!

9unOR3jBa-ZC18VhDX4bmXmfPO5SOV0WcdhTYNifSa-O5cIHBnwCVbMGfvkamIJEulqXR3mfpg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Back