ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,393 Posts
    Rep Points

A coach, ostarine, GW1516 and rhabdomyolysis

A coach, ostarine, GW1516 and rhabdomyolysis
    A few weeks ago, Toxics published a chilling case study in which the combination of the SARM ostarine and PPAR-delta agonist GW1516 seemed to cause so much muscle breakdown that a trainer's kidneys were in danger of failing for good. This condition is called rhabdomyolysis. After a thorough reading of the piece, we suspect that there is more going on here.

Case study

If you like medical horror, read this extremely interesting publication by Pascal Kintz, affiliated with the Institut de Medecine Legale in Strasbourg, France. It tells the story of a 43-year-old trainer who reports to the emergency room of a hospital with extreme abdominal pain, muscle aches and headaches. His urine is brown.The man says that a week and a half before he became ill, he had taken 20 milligrams of GW1516 daily for four days in a row. During that period, he also added 20 milligrams of ostarine for a day, the man admits. Both resources came from an online store. The document does not specify which products are involved.
    The researchers determined the concentration of ostarine and GW1516 in the man's blood, urine and hair. The results suggest that the trainer at least used longer than he could remember.

The man's blood contains an alarming amount of the enzymes AST, ALT and CK. The doctors quickly arrive at a diagnosis: rhabdomyolysis. The enzymes indicate massive serious damage to cells. The cells rupture, their contents enter the blood, which explains the brown color of the urine.
    In rhabdomyolysis, so much cell content can enter the blood that the kidneys, which have to filter the blood, fail.
    Since the man's condition in the hospital deteriorates sharply within a few hours and his CK level continues to rise, the doctors decide to admit the man. They put him on an IV and pump three liters of water into his body in 24 hours.
    Recovery
    The next day, the man's urine begins to return to a normal color. His stomach pain disappears. The doctors let the man go home. Five days later, the doctors examine the trainer again. His blood values ​​have improved greatly.

After two weeks, the doctors no longer see anything strange in his blood, although the trainer still feels tired and weak. According to the doctors, there is a full recovery six weeks after admission.
    Conclusion (of the researchers)
    "Given the increasing popularity of SARMs abuse, vigilance and identification of new cases are required", write the researchers.

"Even though liver injury or rhabdomyolysis from SARMs and PPAR-delta-agonist have not been reported frequently, one can anticipate that this may be observed more often as the abuse of these drugs increases in the athletic and aesthetic markets."
    We know better
    We wonder whether the researchers' conclusion is entirely correct. To begin with, we wonder whether this was indeed liver damage. AST and ALT are classic markers of liver damage, but on the web we find publications on rhabdomyolysis in which both CK, AST and ALT increase in a manner consistent with the increases in Kintz's article. [J Med Toxicol. 2010 Sep;6(3):294-300.]

A more relevant question is whether the rhabdomyolysis was the result of the substances used by the trainer. We don't think so, and that's because of a mysterious phrase in Kintz's article.

The man had cycled 120 kilometers on the day before he became ill. That's quite a lot.
    At the same time, the researchers report that the man's resting heart rate was 76. If you are 43 years old and have a resting heart rate of 76, then you are not fit. If you're going to cycle 120 kilometers, well...

We suspect that the main character in this case study was an unfit individual who overnight decided to upgrade his physical condition. He did so in a way that has become normal in this sad era. He put experimental drugs in his body, thought that this had turned him into a superhuman and went on a bike ride for 120 kilometres.
    And then his urine turned brown.
    Source:
    Toxics. 2021 Oct 7;9(10):251.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Rep Points

I need to read up on this since I have been diagnosed with chronic Rabdomylosis due to an immune disorder caused by Lyme disease.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,311 Posts
    Rep Points

Easy Peasy

He was out of shape and un trained overall

He used sarms and GW exponentially increased his bodies ability to increase cardiac ouput, cardio and endurance

Therefore he was able to train harder, faster and longer then he ever has

The Rhab. was not caused by the SARMS per say but indirectly. The excessive Cardio and cycling is what caused the issue and the sarms helped in part to increase his endurance, so that he had the ability to train to that degree.

Excessive overtraining was the culprit here 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,816 Posts
    Rep Points

They are already making a breast cancer trio drug combo with enbosarm Mk2866 Ostarine w Her-2 and one other drug. I saw the 3rd trials and they are finally gonna make it a drug(but its a combo) like Ibrance/Letrozole . They showed two reasons to prescribe . I know they arent letting all the ligand research $$ go down the toilet . Seems Mk2866 is the most studied (Ostarine).

Max

What an idiot ! Like dehydration in a glad bag , running in a sauna w no water or electrolytes/kcals.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Rep Points

Interesting. Had my urine turn brown suddenly once like that for a few days, was on a cycle taking test, tren, mast and winstrol at like 50mg a day. Went off everything immediately and it cleared up in a couple days. AST, ALT wasn't out if range when I got bloodwork a couple weeks later.
    IRONLION LABS

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    They are already making a breast cancer trio drug combo with enbosarm Mk2866 Ostarine w Her-2 and one other drug. I saw the 3rd trials and they are finally gonna make it a drug(but its a combo) like Ibrance/Letrozole . They showed two reasons to prescribe . I know they arent letting all the ligand research $$ go down the toilet . Seems Mk2866 is the most studied (Ostarine).

Max

What an idiot ! Like dehydration in a glad bag , running in a sauna w no water or electrolytes/kcals.
    Max I don't know how the hell you have all the time to study all this stuff, your on this forum posting like crazy reading and replying to posts, your probably on several forums. Then you have time to do all this research reading studies.
    IRONLION LABS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Max I don't know how the hell you have all the time to study all this stuff, your on this forum posting like crazy reading and replying to posts, your probably on several forums. Then you have time to do all this research reading studies.
    I have studied and saved/compiled all my research for years. Sometimes , the same subjects get brought up. I do have a sick almost photographic memory, especially if I write something . I remember everything since I was a toddler , like total recall. With technology and my un ending love of all things biochemistry/science/anatomy/physiology/the human form...I am Just a Machine..half-cyborg to be honest

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Rep Points

I have studied and saved/compiled all my research for years. Sometimes , the same subjects get brought up. I do have a sick almost photographic memory, especially if I write something . I remember everything since I was a toddler , like total recall. With technology and my un ending love of all things biochemistry/science/anatomy/physiology/the human form...I am Just a Machine..half-cyborg to be honest

Max
    Shout out...Thanks Max!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Rep Points

Max
    Haha....nice man, my memory is fading, among other things...lol.

Well nice to have you around helping people out as much as you do.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime2Lose View Post
    Shout out...Thanks Max!
    Definitely!!
    IRONLION LABS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,869 Posts
    Rep Points

I need to read up on this since I have been diagnosed with chronic Rabdomylosis due to an immune disorder caused by Lyme disease.
    Ouch that's rough and hopefully you can overcome that.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime2Lose View Post
    Shout out...Thanks Max!
    Haha....nice man, my memory is fading, among other things...lol.

Well nice to have you around helping people out as much as you do.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely!!
    Well I appreciate to guys even reading my stuff. Most I know just skim for pics & clickbait but, I spend a ton of time, not only training and staying in good shape(constant); I give up a lot of time and effort just to bring bodybuilding/fitness/health/supp/ped/new tech information to the forum. It isnt work(for me) because I love and live it. Obviously some information does not pertain to everyone but, at least it is there.

Max